Scooter
Community

What 2-stroke oil is best?

Last post 04-01-2012 09:11 PM by oldscoot. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-20-2008 04:54 PM

What 2-stroke oil is best?

I recently purchased a used Adly Cougar 50cc and it has 2200km on the clock.  The Adley requires a 2 stroke oil in a reservoir and mixes on the intake so, as I understand it, no premixing is required.  My question is this.  What is the consensus on the optimum 2-stroke oil being used out in Scooterland?  I do have a 5litre Shell Nautilus synthetic 2 stroke oil that I happened upon.  Could that be used?  I am confused as to understanding what is the right oil and what I should not use?

My apologies for repeating a probably much asked question but help would be greatly appreciated!

Adleyboyfornow

Filed under:
  • 04-20-2008 06:48 PM In reply to

Re: What 2-stroke oil is best?

I use Shell Advance SX2 semi synthetic in my 2 stroke trail bike.  The Shell Advance VSX2 full synthetic is also designed for 2 stroke scooters & bikes. 

It's my understanding Shell only recommend their Advance VSX2 and Advance SX2 for 2 stroke bikes.

I suspect from the name that the Shell Nautilus might be designed for marine use.

cheers

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 04-21-2008 08:38 AM In reply to

• Tubsta
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2007
    • Secret Test Track, South Gippsland, Australia
    • Posts 1,192

Nautilus is for marine use.  Do not use it.

General consensus is on the forum to use Shell SX2 or VSX2.  I personally use VSX2 in the R50X. 

"Being cold is the result of laziness" - Bunta Fujiwara

Current ride: Yamaha XT660Z Tenere.
    Gone: Piaggio MP3 400ie, too unreliable in the rain (think Italian electrics).

ScooterZine
  • 04-21-2008 04:41 PM In reply to

Thanks for that.  Decided on the Fuchs Scoota sythetic oil based on what I have been reading on this forum and others.

• 04-22-2008 06:51 AM In reply to

• waxhead
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • gold coast
    • Posts 882

My scooter runs on marine two stroke oil

Thats because it runs on the old race gas from my jetskis, the difference in marine oil is it has more anticorrison products in it and its more expensive for oil of the same quality

• 04-25-2008 09:54 PM In reply to

what do people think of the motul oil ? ? ? is it good for a vmoto monza ?? or waste of money ? ?  

my green vmoto monza with monsta kit for sale
    has new michelin pilot tyres and yuasa battery.
    pm me for more details asking for $1500 ono
    PRICE DROP $1000
  • 03-30-2012 09:05 PM In reply to

I've been using the Mobil 1 fully synthetic 2 stroke oil and the Aerox has been running great....(air cooled 100cc....very basic, I think standard except for a ZR hand made pipe on it)....Big Smile

....lets have another drink...
  • 04-01-2012 09:11 PM In reply to

...just as a final note  to this thread, I found the Mobil1 full synthetic 2 stroke oil to be not only good and clean running, but about half the price of most other synthetic 2 stroke oils.....go figure....Confused

....lets have another drink...
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au