Scooter
Community

Honda Ruckus - Available in Australia ??

Last post 09-30-2010 06:53 PM by johnomon. 34 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2008 08:31 AM In reply to

• jett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Old Europe (soon)
    • Posts 8

Re: Honda Ruckus - Available in Australia ??

I think Im going to ride my Ruckus around the States for a while, then ship it back to Oz.

Out of interest, can anyone predict how much the Ruckus would cost in AUD if it was imported by a dealer and sold to consumers? 

• 06-12-2008 10:01 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

you would get good money for the ruckus in australia due to the fact that it will be something somebody wants , one of a kind.  If the current forza X sells for around 9 000 then second hand it will most likely be good for 5000 AUD in a couple of years. But this again is just a standard scooter so I would expect say you had 10000 miles up in a couple of years and  went to sell then I would think you would get 5000 easy . This is just a guess though as there is nothing to gauge that on here

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 06-12-2008 10:10 AM In reply to

• jett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Old Europe (soon)
    • Posts 8

In that case, can anyone tell me how much it would cost to ship an 88kg scooter from the US to Australia? I am in the process of hunting down a shipping company, but thought that the good folks here might have some knowledge regarding the shipping of a scoot to Oz.

My guess is $500 including insurance. How far off am I?

(Thanks for the consistent replies btw. Much appreciated)

• 06-12-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

• hambulance
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2008
    • Keswick, Adelaide
    • Posts 36

With the popularity of scooters on the up and up across the world and in Australia, I imagine any dealer that imported these would make good sales of them. The Ruckus does seems like a scooter that Australians would like. 

• 06-12-2008 07:33 PM In reply to

I've looked at shipping costs using GetRouted, I just checked their website and they ship out of Portland (Oregon) to Sydney or Melbourne for Aust $1650.00 !!

www.getrouted.com.au
    Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 06-14-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

• hambulance
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2008
    • Keswick, Adelaide
    • Posts 36

allen:

i have not see a ruckus here of the 250 kind . I have seen the smaller verion based on the scoopy but not the large one. You would not have too much trouble getting it through and into the country as a one off. Lots of people have done it with other models and sure its a hassle with paperwork. But if you have the funds to ship then you can do it

There was a 125 version, that didn't make it to production in any country unfortunately, becasue it was an awesome bike.

Perhaps we could start an online petition to Honda to get this sweet machine into production. I can't be the only one that thinks this is the best scooter and would buy one

• 06-23-2008 01:25 PM In reply to

^ That looks totally badass!

http://www.zombo.com :)
  • 06-23-2008 07:10 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

hambulance:
    Perhaps we could start an online petition to Honda to get this sweet machine into production.

Good Luck, I to like the Ruckus and currently have a Honda Foresight but would like to up date to a Forza X or Ruckus. I have been into a couple of Honda dealers here in Qld and they are just not interested in scooters at all. So on my next trip to Sydney I am going to hunt out some Honda dealers there and see if I can at least take one for a test ride.

Not sure if Honda Australia is aware of the total lack of interest that the dealers have in scooters, when I did find a Forza they didn't even know how to start it and couldn't find the key!

So if you find a Honda dealer that is actually interested in scooters and has some for a test ride (QLD, N.S.W) let me know.

Cheers,

Denni. 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 06-23-2008 10:30 PM In reply to

This is the 125cc Honda NP6-D

125cc Honda NP6-S

and lastly 250cc Honda PS250

While the open underseat area on the white NP6-D might appeal to some,  my pick in terms of design is the black NP6-S 125cc, pity they were only concept designs for the 2005 Tokyo motor show.

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 06-25-2008 03:57 AM In reply to

• jett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Old Europe (soon)
    • Posts 8

Serious query: Would there be enough interest on this board to do a multiple unit import of the Zoomer from Japan into Australia? I would even consider putting money down for 2 units myself.  

Thoughts?

• 06-26-2008 04:22 PM In reply to

• napalm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-26-2008
    • gold coast, australia
    • Posts 14

I agree , the ruckus would sell very well now that fuel prices have gone up so much. I am keen on one myself. I went to a gold coast honda dealer and they said that they can't get them through the dealership.  They then offered me a girls scooter which almost made me puke.  Honda Australia are no good for scooters at the moment, and it's a real shame because i love hondas. I've also been looking at the sachs madass which they do sell in australia, but i'm a little suss on the build quality.

• 06-26-2008 04:51 PM In reply to

napalm:
    I've also been looking at the sachs madass which they do sell in australia, but i'm a little suss on the build quality.

The Sachs Scooters including the Madass are Chinese built. Not that you'd know from "Ze Germans are coming" advertising.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 06-27-2008 01:50 AM In reply to

• jett
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-08-2008
    • Old Europe (soon)
    • Posts 8

Well...the Honda website has released the '09 Ruckus specs and MSRP of $2,149 (US). $100 increase on the '08 model and the two colours available are red and matte grey.

http://powersports.honda.com/scooters/model.asp?ModelName=Ruckus&ModelYear=2009&ModelId=NPS509

I've spent the last 3 or 4 weeks looking into how I can purchase a Ruckus and get it back to Australia and am coming to the conclusion that it just isn't worth it. I find it really disappointing that the Australian market is looked over by Honda in this regard. Australia in general suffers a lot by it's relatively small market.

I'm currently in Nth America and have the ability to drop $2,149 on a new '09 Ruckus, particularly given the strong $AUD vs $USD exchange rate. It's a good time to be in a position to purchase from the US, and I'm very tempted. If Honda sold the Ruckus in Australia I would happily suck up the extra mark-up and buyback home, but there is currently no opportunity.

This isn't just about wanting a scooter, it's about wanting a Ruckus/Zoomer! I just dunno what to do.

• 06-27-2008 09:41 PM In reply to

• napalm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-26-2008
    • gold coast, australia
    • Posts 14

I think i'm starting to figure out why Hondas slogan is "the power of dreams", Because im keen on a honda ruckus and all i can do is dream about it.  lol, I would laugh but i'm actually really upset with honda australia. We have no options out there, all the scooters are aimed at girls.  Mabe we need to get hold of honda australia and let them know that theres plenty of keen buyers out there.  They spend all there money on advertising products they can't supply.
    Filed under:
  • 06-27-2008 10:07 PM In reply to

• napalm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-26-2008
    • gold coast, australia
    • Posts 14

OK everyone whos keen on a Ruckus, send an email to honda australia, and ask if and when were going to get them.  I just sent an email off, and i hope they respond. I'll let you know what they say, but i'd encourage all of you to do it so that we can show them that there is some interest. No one else will do it if we don't.
Page 2 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au