Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

hi im new

Last post 05-07-2008 05:43 PM by noobscoota. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2008 01:01 AM

hi im new

hi ive been lurking around the forum for a bit.

my name is Brian.. im gonna be getting a 2nd hand vmoto monza next weekend hyper green in colour :D

im currently riding on my mates tgb 101r 50cc.. i bought a dri rider urban jacket.. fox gloves and some rjays inners and rjays neck warmer :p

so hopefully that will be good enough for me to get to work at 7.00 in the mornig ...

so yeah im in Brisbane. im thinking of gettting the "monzsta kit" for it but unsure yet....

also a few questions about roadworthys for scooter.

1.does the scooter need to be able to be started electrically b4 it can pass roadworthy ?

2.does the screen above the speedo need to be clear to pass ? because its a stale yellow looking colour atm

thats all i can think of atm.. any other things i need to get looked out would be good... thanks

Brian.

my green vmoto monza with monsta kit for sale
    has new michelin pilot tyres and yuasa battery.
    pm me for more details asking for $1500 ono
    PRICE DROP $1000
  • 05-05-2008 02:01 AM In reply to

Re: hi im new

Brian

To pass a roadworthy an engine must be able to be started, so as long the Monza can be started using the kick-starter ti should pass the roadworthy.

Not sure about the "screen above the speedo",   do you mean the "glass" covering the speedo ?   If so. I guess the it would pass if you can still read the speedo.

cheers 

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 05-05-2008 09:27 AM In reply to

If its the lens on the speedo, then no, it wont pass. That will make the odometer tamper-able (is that a word).

motorrad:

Brian

To pass a roadworthy an engine must be able to be started, so as long the Monza can be started using the kick-starter ti should pass the roadworthy.

Not sure about the "screen above the speedo",   do you mean the "glass" covering the speedo ?   If so. I guess the it would pass if you can still read the speedo.

cheers 

• 05-05-2008 09:56 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Where in Brisbane are you?  We have some great rides all over.

Welcome to the forum, and sometimes the madness

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 05-05-2008 07:23 PM In reply to

Welcome!  Cool
    Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 05-05-2008 07:27 PM In reply to

yeah i live in norman park....

yeah the screen above the speedo is a bit yellowy colour i think its a plastic.

im just a bit worried about the starter .. they guy said its a battery problem and that bike batterys constantly drain themselves but yeah im worried its a starter problem.

and also my missus cant kick start scooters :P

PRICE DROP $1000
  • 05-05-2008 07:44 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Kickstarting is not hard, and you dont have to straddle it to do it.  Just need the knack!  And dont flood it.  It comes with practice

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 05-05-2008 08:43 PM In reply to

Scooters tend to have very small batteries and if not ridden regularly, the battery will die. The battery is cheap to replace and it is most likely it is only the battery.

Your wife would not have any problem kick starting a 50cc scooter, a well tuned scooter with a clean spark plug will usually start very easily.  My sister is not very tall and she's a lightweight and has no problem kick starting her 100cc scooter or my 250cc trail bike.

Just make sure the scooter is on the centre stand, stand along side it facing to front, and with the right foot, quickly shove the kick starter pedal down whilst holding both brake levers on.  It should start first kick ! 

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 05-05-2008 09:09 PM In reply to

hopefully the dude replaces the battery for roadworthy and it should b all good.. :D 

but yeah i find it ez to kickstart.hopefully my missus will learn :D 

PRICE DROP $1000
  • 05-07-2008 10:57 AM In reply to

noobscoota:

also a few questions about roadworthys for scooter.

1.does the scooter need to be able to be started electrically b4 it can pass roadworthy ?

2.does the screen above the speedo need to be clear to pass ? because its a stale yellow looking colour atm

1. If its fitted with an electric start it must work.

2 The instrumentation must be clearly visible, without seeing a picture can't comment.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 05-07-2008 05:43 PM In reply to

thanks for answering those questions

i sorta had a feeling that was required.with the electric start

but yeah the speedo bit is sorta when u put plastic out in the sun too long it goes that funny yellowy colour.. but yeah if that doesnt get sorted i can always price up a new one at the vmoto store.. i heard it should b around the $50 range.

PRICE DROP $1000
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au