Scooter
Community

Hello to all Bee Wee riders and Scooterists!

Last post 06-01-2008 05:19 PM by Dakoda. 59 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2008 10:14 AM In reply to

Re: Hello to all Bee Wee riders and Scooterists!

That's it. I bought it. woooohooo~!

Got my Ls on Monday, had loads of fun even though I regretted not buying my own gears prior so I don't have to use ones provided. Ick!

Pop in the shop yesterday and the rest is history. Bought the scoot, box, helmets, jacket, gloves with delivery thrown in all at 4Ks! Thanks SGarage!

I'm over the moon, a few more sleepless nights to go. Stick out tongue   Thanks to everybody here, the info in this forum helped me heaps. Smile

• 05-22-2008 08:14 PM In reply to

Hi bike noob

Did you end up getting a Beewee ?  if so I'll check back in a few days for a update on how it's all going.I'm looking now for a scoot.and the Beewee was one of my top 3.

Hope to hear from you soon

Timmey

• 05-22-2008 10:03 PM In reply to

yes I did! Big Smile It's arriving tomorrow, will do an update soon Big Smile

• 05-23-2008 09:51 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

You are welcome to your opinion :)

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 05-23-2008 09:51 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Plus your dog is cute, so it ishard to hate you

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 05-23-2008 03:42 PM In reply to

Don't forget to post a picture up too....cool ...hear from you soon

• 05-23-2008 06:52 PM In reply to

• DaveyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-13-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 38

looking forward to pics + review tbh :D    

Vespa S50
  • 05-27-2008 10:21 AM In reply to

Quick update. Miss Beewee was here on Friday, didn't ride it until the insurance and roadside assist are settled. Then had a mere 1 hour test drive around my block, it was fun but she grumbled a little at the lower speeds 30-70km. Still a long way to go. Anyway, yesterday morning I woke up to a totally flat battery! *cry* No I didn't leave any lights on. Couldn't even kick start the thing which is weird. I hope I didn't get a lemon. Now trouble shooting starts. I'm going to disconnect the batt and bring it down for a charge or exchange, by Public Transport Tongue Tied Pics will be up tonight.

• 05-27-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

• zuma
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2008
    • sydney`s beautiful northern beaches
    • Posts 92

hey bikenoob, make sure your centre stand is down and your side stand up when trying to start or kickstart your beewee!!

i thought i had a flat bat a few weeks ago at golf and then kick starting wouldn`t work, i had the side down, (cuts the engine) and centre up (kickstart got caught on it) so check these things first Geeked

• 05-27-2008 11:19 AM In reply to

thanks zuma. Yes Miss Beewee here was on the center stand whole time when I kick start, at risk of pulling all my hair out I rang the dealer who was helpful over the phone, that's good. It really could be just the silly batt *pray*, otherwise I'm fried, I'm very noob at mechanics. Tried removing the spark plug for a lookie yesterday (have to learn it somehow) and didn't have the strength, will try again this evening.

• 05-27-2008 11:44 AM In reply to

Yeah - check that your kill switch is in the correct position and remember you have to hold the brake on when you press the starter. 

I know that these sound very, very obvious, but you'd be surprised how many times we get furious customers phoning because their scooter won't start - and strangely when we give them the instructions very few of them actually phone back.

I wouldn't expect you to get a flat battery quite so quickly, unless you left the ignition on... 

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 05-27-2008 04:29 PM In reply to

• zuma
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2008
    • sydney`s beautiful northern beaches
    • Posts 92

Dakoda:

Plus your dog is cute, so it is hard to hate you

...don`t be a hater dakoda, it`s not my fault the new beewee looks the way it does, lol!!

& charlie is the best dog in the world, he even visits sick kids and old people in hospitals Dog

• 05-27-2008 09:12 PM In reply to

/rant 

Returned home earlier with the new battery and installed it, turn on ignition, nothing, only the lights came on. Kick-started a dozen times, nothing. The battery was tested at the shop to be good. This scoot is brand new, should I return it for a thorough check? I'm quite reluctant to having to go back and forth taking time to troubleshoot a brand new scoot. Do you guys think it's too much to ask for them to collect it for a full check then deliver it back to me? May I hear some opinions from any dealers here?

I'm quite frustrated with the situation, having to take public transport in the rain just dampens my mood further. I've been taking time off work to try to solve this issue, which should not have happened in the first place as its a new scoot. comments?  /rant off.

• 05-27-2008 09:54 PM In reply to

I'm not wanting to offend you but the correct starting procedure is normally (kick start or electric start)

1. scooter on centre stand
    2. check kill switch is not in the off position
    3. hands on handle bar holding both brake levers firmly on
    4. use the kick start or the electric start

OK, you can just hold the left brake lever on the on position, but I've got into the habit of using both brakes when starting.

If you use the side stand, some scooters will not start as they have a cut out switch fitted to the side stand, likewise no scooter will start unless you have at least the rear brake on.

Some 2 strokes can be a little difficult to start at times, especially if you have flooded the engine, if you are kick starting, try at least 20 - 30 kicks before giving up.

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 05-27-2008 10:13 PM In reply to

Just hang in there bikenoob...don't be afraid to ask help at the bike shop and if they are nice give them a plug' on here.You will get there

Keep us all posted

Page 2 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au