Scooter
Community

Is this technical...I don't know but Adly Moto Cougar 50 I think?

Last post 06-08-2008 04:55 PM by Aldeyboyfornow. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2008 11:49 PM

Is this technical...I don't know but Adly Moto Cougar 50 I think?

Hi aii,

I have been franticlaly searching the net for my scooter specs and a service manual.  Here's the thing!

I purchased a secondhand Adly Cougar 50cc Limited Edition scooter (that's what it states on the bike) from a dealer who did not have the manual so I am unable to look at what parts to service.  Without giving me the obvious responses to that particular "manual" stuff up on my part, I am having trouble finding any references to my scooter on the web!  The bike looks identical to the Adly Noble 50cc from Her Chee industries but what is with the Cougar tag??  Anyway, I am after some brake pads for the front and my local store does not have any references to the scooter so I am searching the net for the part number so I can order some at the very least.  Truth is I need a service manual so I can do the basics but can anyone help me with the Cougar tag to a scooter that looks identical to the Noble?? Anyone else riding one of these and has experience with looking after one.  I actually really love the scooter and am having a lot of fun with it and no problems to speak of.  Has now done 3400kms!!

Thanks

Filed under:
  • 06-08-2008 12:37 AM In reply to

Re: Is this technical...I don't know but Adly Moto Cougar 50 I think?

Check the registration papers and the compliance plate on your scooter,  it may well be that it is only called a Cougar in Australia and the compliance plate or registration papers may show something different to "Cougar".  

For example, I know the Bug Bandit,  is from Standard Motor Corp Taiwan,  and more properly called a "Standard Navigator" according to the registration papers and the compliance plate.

If you can establish that it is actually a "Adly Noble"  then you could search the various international scooter part web sites for part numbers 

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 06-08-2008 12:38 AM In reply to

How about giving these guys a go. They sell Cougar scooters here in WA - http://www.scooterswa.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_7

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-08-2008 04:55 PM In reply to

Thanks for that sccotanut.  I had no idea there was such a large number of Adly's around.  That really helps!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au