Scooter
Community

Apple TV problems!?!

Last post 07-04-2008 09:17 AM by allen. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2008 05:34 PM

• Curto
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Southern Sydney
    • Posts 212

Apple TV problems!?!

Anyone else currently having problems with appletv? Mine is stuck in a rebooting loop flashes from the apple logo to the menu screen every 2 seconds. I've read on mac forums that this happened last year internationally. I'm surprised, and annoyed, that it is happening again. Does anyone know how I can fix it?
  • 07-01-2008 02:28 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

Re: Apple TV problems!?!

What's Appletv Curto?

I'm considering switching from IBM compatible to Apple so I'm quite interested in the sort of things I may come across if I change platforms.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 07-01-2008 08:48 PM In reply to

I switched to an Apple MacBook in February this year,  and I bought my dad (Kiwiscoota) one a couple of months ago. 

To be honest the first few hours I found it slightly annoying,  once past the small learning curve,  I fell in love with it,  quite simply everything just works and does so with style,  I wish I could say the same about Windows.

Apple Safari which is Apple's web browser is quite nice,  but sadly this site does not support Safari properly,  but there is an easy solution,  download/install the free Mozilla Firefox V3 for Mac web browser, it does not replace Safari,  rather it installs as an alternative, and Firefox is fully supported by this web site, so you get full message editing etc.

As I need a decent "Office" type word processing / spreadsheet program I bought Microsoft Office for Mac,  at around $200.00 for home/student version complete with 3 licences so you can install it on 3 Mac's it's quite good value.  I've tried the free OpenOffice in the Windows version, and while it is ok,  it's not really fully compatible with MS Office and a little clunky in some areas.

Since I bought my MacBook,  three of my friends have switched from Windows and bought Mac's, all of them tell me they love their Mac's.

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 07-02-2008 10:21 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

motorrad:
    I fell in love with it,  quite simply everything just works and does so with style,  I wish I could say the same about Windows.

I'm not surprised your friends have switched to the Mac. My daughter saved up money from her part-time job and bought herself a MacBook. I first thought that it was going to give her all sorts of compatability problems and the like but having watched over her shoulder and seen what a classy platform Mac is I've decided to purchase an IMac and switch away from Windows. The Mac is quick, smooth, classy and there are practically no security issues. I was really impressed.

Having said all that... what is Appletv???

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 07-02-2008 05:37 PM In reply to

Pegasus:
    Having said all that... what is Appletv???

Whoops, forgot to answer that Embarrassed

AppleTV allows you to watch video or listen to music that you have stored on your computer, directly play YouTube, purchase regular Movies and download them etc

Quoting for Apple's web site   http://www.apple.com/au/appletv/

TV Programmes

Get TV programmes you love — without countless channels you don’t need. Buy commercial-free TV programmes directly from Apple TV and watch what you want, when you want. Browse hundreds of programmes, then click once to buy episodes for just $2.99 inc GST each. TV shows purchased on Apple TV automatically transfer to your computer, ready to sync to your iPod or iPhone. Or choose My TV Shows from Apple TV and watch episodes already stored on your computer.

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 07-03-2008 12:34 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-07-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Reading this and other thread makes me understand why they call it Windoze!

Time to start saving for a Mac too I think Geeked

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 07-03-2008 12:42 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

Scott:

Is there a Windows to Mac revolution going on? I now know of a number of people that are changing over to the Mac. I'd love it if that were true. Windoze need to be bought to heal so they get their finger out and create better software and hardware.

From what I've seen on my daughters' laptop... Mac do it so much better. Albeit a bit more expensive.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 07-03-2008 09:18 PM In reply to

David (Motorrad) bought me a MacBook as a present when I got out of hospital earlier this year.

I'm did my MSCE (Microsoft Cert Engineer) certification a few years ago so I consider myself a tech savvy computer user, I find the MacBook good value for money, I've only added Microsoft Office for Mac, and MYOB FirstAccounts for Mac, YahooMessenger all the other software I need comes as standard on a Mac.

For example:
    Apple Mail - much better that MS Outlook Express and so easy to set up, for example I only had to give my Yahoo address it did the rest !
    iCal - industry standard calendar program compatible with Microsoft Outlook Calendar, Lotus Notes Calendar and Google Calendar
    iWeb - web page creator
    iMovie - movie editor
    iTunes - music / MP3
    Preview - to display Acrobat files and jpegs etc
    QuickTime - movie player (I had to add some more codecs (free) to play windows AVI files)
    TimeMachine - backup program
    and many more

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 07-03-2008 09:45 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-07-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Pegasus:

Scott:

Is there a Windows to Mac revolution going on? I now know of a number of people that are changing over to the Mac. I'd love it if that were true. Windoze need to be bought to heal so they get their finger out and create better software and hardware.

From what I've seen on my daughters' laptop... Mac do it so much better. Albeit a bit more expensive.

A couple of guys from work are REALLY thinking the same too and one is somehow convincing a neighbour.  Maybe it is a natural progression from the iPod popularity - people are sick and tired of Microslack and here is a wonderful alternative right under our noses.

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 07-04-2008 08:15 AM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Mac seems to be the film and music industry standard equipment. My daughter has studied at both NIDA and SAE both use Mac.

Hubby has a passion for music production and we run the latest Logic Studio with a M Box amongst others things. It's just amazing what you can do with this gear.

We are just about to upgrade again as the iMac we have needs alot more grunt which we only get by going to Mac Pro tower with a  Apple Cinema HD Display

We have Apple TV and I had forgot that we had it until I read this post, must dig it out. 

I have a Sony Laptop that sits redundant in the study.

Mac is taking over! 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 07-04-2008 08:19 AM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

If you have questions about Mac that you want answered go to MacRumors:Forums someone lurking around on this forum should be able to help.

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 07-04-2008 09:17 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

I know our member in perth with the LX was a pretty good tool for this stuff but I havnt seen him on for a while, hope hes ok. Anyway not sure what the issue would be with apple tv though.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au