Scooter
Community

Customising a scooter?

Last post 07-06-2008 11:16 AM by ColdCola. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2008 04:46 PM

Customising a scooter?

Is it possible to do this? For instance, can I change my HD200's silver wheels to black rims? I wouldn't want to go overboard, but has anybody made small changes like that? Can you get these kind of extras through any scooter shop?

Thanks

Mack Truck
  • 07-05-2008 05:13 PM In reply to

Re: Customising a scooter?

I assume your HD200 has alloy wheels, in which case you could get them powdered coated to make them any colour you liked.

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 07-05-2008 05:17 PM In reply to

Hi Motorrad,

Thanks. Yes, they're alloy. How much is that? And who does it --- scooter owner?

I noticed in some pictures of the Honda SH150, which has the same size wheels as the HD200, they have black rims/spokes. I like the look, so was curious.

Mack Truck
  • 07-05-2008 05:40 PM In reply to

You'd need to do a web search for powder coating in your area.   I seem to recall some "wheel" places do powder coating.  You would also need to satisfy yourself that they had experience with wheels otherwise you might end up with the wheels being distorted by the heat process. 

------------------------------------------
    David
    Vespa GTS 300 Super
  • 07-05-2008 06:07 PM In reply to

Thanks, Motorrad. I'll do that, as well as ask my dealer if it's possible to get already coated wheels.

By the way, can you change wheel width to a bit wider, or is that fixed by the manufacturer's design?

Mack Truck
  • 07-05-2008 09:27 PM In reply to

I two own a HD200, I understand why you would want to individualise ur HD ColdCola, as it sucks when they all look the same seing there is only 2 colour choices on offer... I was thinking of doing something down the track to give it a personal touch, too make it stand out from the the other HDs, esp when on socail group rides, I wouldn't want them the get mixed up...

Btw Cold Cola, why would you want to change the wheel width?? Curious thats all...

Bruce Bolwell

Bruce Bolwell HD200
  • 07-06-2008 10:19 AM In reply to

Wider tyres = better grip on the road, I think.

Mack Truck
  • 07-06-2008 10:39 AM In reply to

• mild1
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane - Western Suburbs
    • Posts 228

These might be another option instead of powder coating.

Wheel rim decals on eBay

Bolwell HD200
  • 07-06-2008 11:16 AM In reply to

Thanks, Mild1. Looks interesting. I might try those.

Mack Truck
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au