Scooter
Community

SEQ Run: Straddie Trip - TBA

Last post 07-23-2008 11:17 AM by Dakoda. 64 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2008 08:17 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Re: SEQ Run: Straddie Trip - TBA

We will be doing a meet at Cannon Hill, Hungry Jacks (at shopping Centre), I am based at Tingalpa.  Where are you coming from?

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 07-19-2008 09:05 PM In reply to

• Lukass
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2008
    • Posts 8

Coming from Oxley so would probably dodge the trucks all the way through Kessels-Granard-Mt Gravatt Capalaba rd's
  • 07-19-2008 09:23 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Depending on who is coming, we susually do a pick up at Mt Gravatt as well.

• 07-19-2008 09:24 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Can we get a final number on people available to come on Wednesday.

• 07-20-2008 09:38 PM In reply to

Hello guys!!! I'm still keen too go this Wednesday... Sounds like there will be a decent group number wise, will be an awesome day!!

I'm willing and able to meet anyone at the usual spot at Maccas at Mt Gravatt on Logan road, just name a time and i'll be there!!

May I sugguest "departure" time of ferry to Stradroke from Cleveland at 9am so we'll have to meet up early enough to get there in time to pay and line up etc.... I sugguest 9am from Cleveland and return on the 4pm ferry from Stradbroke. Whats everyone think about that?? That allows approx 5hrs too tour around Island.

So we'll all have to get up early and meetup at arranged meeting points or simply find our own way there b4 9am...Is there anyone else joining the trip thats been there before, or will I be the tour guide??

I sugguest bringing own food/drinks or $ too buy them, wet gear incase it rains, swimmers &towel (for those wanting to take a dipp) Camera, slip slop slapp...

Thankyou mtttt and Denni for my birthday wishes, and was good to catchup with some of the group at HQ on Friday

Bruce Bolwell (Deano)

Bruce Bolwell HD200
  • 07-20-2008 09:39 PM In reply to

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:-

Bruce Bolwell HD200
  • 07-20-2008 09:48 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

So Wednesday we have..

Me

Deano

Denni

and??????????

From Cannon Hill, should take us under 30mins to get to Cleveland, so if we meet there at 8am?  Damm that's early!  Well that will be my point, if you guys want to do Mt Gravatt, you will have to be there about 7.30amish.

We normally just find a nice spot, and sit and have a feed, and a chat, for a hour or so, and a bit of a ride around.

So who is coming, and do these times suit everyone?

• 07-20-2008 10:02 PM In reply to

Dakoda, the Ferry is a 45min journy both ways after time loading and unloading the ferry. I don't think there's much point going over there if don't get too see what the island does offer, so unfortunately, and earlier start it must be, otherwise will have too wait for the next departure at 11am, so please no one miss the departure. I thought most would want to leave earlier to return earlier to get home b4 its too cold or dark etc....

I'm keen to meet any others at Maccas MtGravatt at 7.30am and have quick brekky or coffee? Otherwise I'll just find my own way there and meetup at the ferry terminal, no dramas at all there!!

There was a few others, Mtttt, Lukas, and few other maybes, sorry if i've forgotton someone, I have been home past 4days to be online... Let me put it out there again, WHO ELSE IS JOINING US VIP Scooternuts Wednesday??

Bruce Bolwell (Deano)

Bruce Bolwell HD200
  • 07-21-2008 10:09 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

That is fine, I will still be at Cannon Hill HJ at 8am.  Mmmttt, will tell you, it is a meeting point of ours after Mt Gravatt.

Just to clear it up, I was not complaining about the time, I have done early runs before, just the way things are lately it will be a real struggle for me to get up, but it will be done.

• 07-21-2008 11:59 AM In reply to

Dakoda, I didn't think you where complaining at all. I'm sure i'll have more trouble getting getting up in morning and getting there on time more than you or anyone. Trustme, I'm NOT a morning person at all, unfortunately, but like you and the other troupers, I'll be there too Smile.

Unless theres anyone comming up from Gold Coast or from my more south brisbane location, I'll make my own way there to the ferry site, as its back tracking for me to go to MtGravatt then go off too Cannon Hill, thats heading further away from Cleveland in my eyes... There's 3 main road ways to get to Cleveland. I'll probably go through Loganholme to Cleveland or route from Garden City to Cleveland... If anyone keen to meet up with me, let me know, otherwise will meet up with the rest off the gang at Ferry terminal at Cleveland intime to depart on the 9am ferry. I'm so looking forward to Wednesday, just 2 more sleeps!! Yay

Bruce Bolwell (Deano)

Bruce Bolwell HD200
  • 07-21-2008 12:11 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Hi guys,

Not sure if I can make this run, I have just returned from the hospital with my daughter, she is very unwell and we are just playing it by ear to see how she goes and what the Doc's want to do.

I just checked the weather and they are now saying rain for Wednesday and Thursday, hope not though. I don't mind riding in the rain but it's sooo much better when the sun is out especially for run like this.

Either way on Wednesday morning I will send a SMS to Mttttt and Dakoda to let them know what I am doing. If I am coming I will meet you at Cleveland at the ferry,  in time for the departure of 9am. 

Cheers

Denni:) 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 07-21-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Denni, hope your daughter is okay, and there are no dramas with her all the baby.  Good Luck

We got a little rain this morning, and overnight, so lets hope if we get any on Wed at all, it will all be done with by 9am.

I also can make my own way down there, see yas at Cleveland

• 07-21-2008 12:54 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Thanks Dakoda, my daughter is at home again and hopefully resting.  The consensus of the Doc's is she should be fine after the baby is born, it's just bubs is a bit small still, so needs to stay put for a bit longer. So at the moment it's a balancing act trying to keeping Mum well enough for bubby to grow.

Like I mentioned before they are predicting rain for Wednesday and Thursday, lets hope that they are wrong.....again, and you get sunny weather. It will be a lovely ride over on the ferry.

Will see how things pan out, her hubby should be with her Wednesday, so shall wait and see how she is. 

Cheers,

Denni:) 

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 07-21-2008 06:09 PM In reply to

• mttttt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Brisbane - North
    • Posts 659

Hi guys, I'm not going to be able to make it for the day recce run this Wednesday as I now have a couple of deadlines with work as well as some kids appointments (dental, etc) during the afternoon...

...I am sure you'll have a good run and make sure you gather lots of info for our 'overnighter' when it gets warmer!

Denni: hope your daughter & bub pick up...take care!

cheers
    Ride a Yamaha CygnusX!
  • 07-21-2008 10:07 PM In reply to

So are we still going too Nth Straddie Wednesday, with the recent cancellations we've had? I'm still keen too go, if there's still others willing and able?? Wednesday or Thursday is only days i'm free to go before returning back to work. Its ashame you can not make it mtttt. And I too wish Denni's daughter all the best, though she wil be fine!! (power off positive thinking) I'll be at HQ tomorrow to get my HD200 first service at midday, so It'll be ok for the Straddie trip...

Can we get final definate numbers for meeting at Cleveland Wednesday BEFORE the 9am departure???

Bruce Bolwell (Deano)

Bruce Bolwell HD200
Page 4 of 5 (65 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au