Scooter
Community

CMC DAYTONA 2007 - how to remove speed restrictor??

Last post 10-06-2008 12:13 AM by cyberon. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2008 04:47 PM

CMC DAYTONA 2007 - how to remove speed restrictor??

Hi, My partner and I just bought a cmc daytona 2007 and we are wondering how to remove the speed restrictor? Also if anyone can recommend a scooter mechanic in Adelaide that will service cmc daytonas...seems as though no one in Adelaide will do it??? Its only done 198ks so doesn't need a service immediately just looking for a place that will do it eventually. The asian name/make is : WANGYE WY50QT-7A if this helps. Hope someone has some knowledge to share :o
  • 07-18-2008 05:20 PM In reply to

Re: CMC DAYTONA 2007 - how to remove speed restrictor??

cheekyangel:
    seems as though no one in Adelaide will do

You will find that with a brand like this. We had a DMC Daytona owner ask the same question as it would barely do 50 flat out. We looked at it for him & it had already been done, they are just slow. It's a case of you get what you pay for.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 07-18-2008 08:03 PM In reply to

Try contacting the distributor,  they advertise they have an arrangement with Ultratune for servicing.

I also understand from the advertisements, the CMC Daytona can be de-restricted by replacing the CDI unit,  there again the distributor will be able to help you.  They claim it will do 70 km/h de-restricted.

ciao

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 07-18-2008 08:40 PM In reply to

• E2W
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2008
    • Fitzroy North Melbourne
    • Posts 482

It seems ultratune are getting into scooter servicing. Manhattan Scooters and now CMC are brands they willing want to service. Perhaps this is ultratunes way of getting into the independent motorcycle service center game? Could be the shape of things to come.

Everything Two Wheels

www.everythingtwowheels.com.au
  • 07-19-2008 09:22 AM In reply to

kiwiscoota:
    They claim it will do 70 km/h de-restricted.

ROFLMAO Big Smile 

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 07-19-2008 03:09 PM In reply to

Wow, thanks all for your replies.. very helpful. Its nice to know there are people out there willing to help each other out. I will give Ultratune a try when it comes time for the service. Looking on the manufactures website, looks as though they don't actually recommend de-restriction until after the first 1000kms? And 'Scooter HQ' I am sure you will LMAO at me when i say this but they also say on the manufactures website that after de-restriction it will go between 60-80kms...so here's hoping! Otherwise i guess we will ben enjoying the scenery quite a bit more than other people hehe.. Its just lucky we bought it as an occasional fun thing to ride than main source of transport!
  • 07-19-2008 03:43 PM In reply to

cheekyangel:
    you will LMAO at me when i say this but they also say on the manufactures website that after de-restriction it will go between 60-80kms

Not really funny because consumers believe it. When talking top speed it has to be on a flat road with no head or tail winds.

The top end 50's like Aprilia SR can get to 80km/h once derestricted. A Vmoto Monza which in stock form is faster than the Daytona needs $600 worth of Italian hi performance goodies to get to 80. Do I believe the 80km/h claim? hell no, I managed to sqeeze 65 out of one riding down a steep hill once.

Be very happy with anything you get over 60. Enjoy the scenery Wink

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 09-13-2008 08:58 AM In reply to

hello well i bought a daytona and i very happy with it ive done 10000ks on it until i forgot to add the oil and yes meltdown i was getting 70 klms out of her .i sent it into revolution scooter shop they fixed within few days . and now i get 75 :)
  • 09-13-2008 09:21 AM In reply to

• E2W
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2008
    • Fitzroy North Melbourne
    • Posts 482

cheekyangel:
    but they also say on the manufactures website that after de-restriction it will go between 60-80kms

The only way to get a CMC to do this kind of speed would be to fly it to 10,000ft and push it out the back of the plane.

Everything Two Wheels

www.everythingtwowheels.com.au
  • 09-13-2008 10:36 AM In reply to

E2W:
    The only way to get a CMC to do this kind of speed would be to fly it to 10,000ft and push it out the back of the plane

I'll volunteer to push it out of the plane Yes

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 09-13-2008 11:11 AM In reply to

Scooter HQ:

E2W:
    The only way to get a CMC to do this kind of speed would be to fly it to 10,000ft and push it out the back of the plane

I'll volunteer to push it out of the plane Yes

Well there you go remind me not to take my business to HQ with such an unprofessional comment like that you think you would know better being in business. I will have you know I went to Scooter HQ first before I bought my scooter, luckily I didn't buy one from you.  I think you are very fast to comment on things you have no true knowledge about.  I suggest as you do not stock or have never seen a CMC DAYTONA in person you should research your items a little more carefull before you pass judgement like that.  I am very dissapointed in your business manner.  Michelle............ 

• 09-13-2008 12:20 PM In reply to

michelle:
    Well there you go remind me not to take my business to HQ with such an unprofessional comment like that you think you would know better being in business. I will have you know I went to Scooter HQ first before I bought my scooter, luckily I didn't buy one from you.  I think you are very fast to comment on things you have no true knowledge about.

somehow I seriously doubt you went to Scooter HQ,  if you had bought a scooter from them you would have experienced their professionalism.

I'm not a dealer,  but I am well aware most dealers do not hold any of the e-Bay "specials" in high regard and for good reason,  most e-Bay "specials" are not special at all,  they are often sub-standard products being "flogged" to an uninformed public at prices that are not that great.

Take for example CMC Daytona,  they advertise they can do up to 80km/h unrestricted and I just found several advertisements claiming they have ABS brakes.

1.  It is illegal for any 50cc scooter to be able to exceed 50km/h,  it is grossly irresponsible for any distributor to be offerinf "de-restriction" publically and frankly I hope somehow with 50cc Daytona that gets booked for riding a un-restricted Daytona sues the *** off the distributor.   Our ADR testing certifies LA (moped) class for speeds up to 50km/h,  they are not certified as being safe at speeds over that.

2. I was horrified to see Daytona being advertised with ABS brakes,  they DO NOT have ABS brakes,  they have a simple pressure limiting device on the front brake, ABS brakes are a complicated and expensive system that would cost more than the Daytona sells for!  This kind of advertising is in breach of the Trade Practises Act and I will be lodging a formal complaint with the ACCC about Daytona. 

I have previously lodged a complaint with the ACCC in respect another scooter distributor/retailer claiming their scooters had ABS brakes,  the ACCC have advised me that they agree with me and will be taking action against that distributor/retailer.

3. I also wonder about the business ethics of CMC Daytona claiming a RRP of $2490.00.  Who else sells CMC Daytona ?   To have a RRP who need to have more than one distributor selling to the public.   They also claim a Redbook RRP new price of $2490,  under what name ?  I checked the Redbook web site listings and cannot find it listed under CMC, Daytona or Wange.....

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 09-13-2008 12:52 PM In reply to

• scootie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-20-2008
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 53

Why do I get the feeling Micelle is not being entirely truthful. In one post she claims she has done over 10,000k on her CMC thingie & she blew the engine up having forgotten to add oil (I guess the Oil Warning Light had broken), do we have anyone from Revolution Scooters Qld that could confirm they rebuilt her engine? Most dealers wouldn't touch one of these things. To believe that, you would need to believe one of these things might make it to 10,000k?

Rob
    Vespa GT60
  • 09-13-2008 05:15 PM In reply to

scootie:
    Why do I get the feeling Micelle is not being entirely truthful. In one post she claims she has done over 10,000k on her CMC thingie & she blew the engine up having forgotten to add oil (I guess the Oil Warning Light had broken), do we have anyone from Revolution Scooters Qld that could confirm they rebuilt her engine? Most dealers wouldn't touch one of these things. To believe that, you would need to believe one of these things might make it to 10,000k?

Rob

I feel you guys are way too opinionated for me,  sorry I enjoy my scooter so much.  Yes as a matter of fact I am truthfull thank you I have owned my red scooter for a year and a half now and I don't appreciate all your sarcasim about my scooter if I like it thats all that should count.  maybe you should contact revolution scooters gold coast 07 55712595 my husband marco picked my bike up last week go ahead call......

• 09-13-2008 05:26 PM In reply to

kiwiscoota:

michelle:
    Well there you go remind me not to take my business to HQ with such an unprofessional comment like that you think you would know better being in business. I will have you know I went to Scooter HQ first before I bought my scooter, luckily I didn't buy one from you.  I think you are very fast to comment on things you have no true knowledge about.

somehow I seriously doubt you went to Scooter HQ,  if you had bought a scooter from them you would have experienced their professionalism.

I'm not a dealer,  but I am well aware most dealers do not hold any of the e-Bay "specials" in high regard and for good reason,  most e-Bay "specials" are not special at all,  they are often sub-standard products being "flogged" to an uninformed public at prices that are not that great.

Take for example CMC Daytona,  they advertise they can do up to 80km/h unrestricted and I just found several advertisements claiming they have ABS brakes.

1.  It is illegal for any 50cc scooter to be able to exceed 50km/h,  it is grossly irresponsible for any distributor to be offerinf "de-restriction" publically and frankly I hope somehow with 50cc Daytona that gets booked for riding a un-restricted Daytona sues the *** off the distributor.   Our ADR testing certifies LA (moped) class for speeds up to 50km/h,  they are not certified as being safe at speeds over that.

2. I was horrified to see Daytona being advertised with ABS brakes,  they DO NOT have ABS brakes,  they have a simple pressure limiting device on the front brake, ABS brakes are a complicated and expensive system that would cost more than the Daytona sells for!  This kind of advertising is in breach of the Trade Practises Act and I will be lodging a formal complaint with the ACCC about Daytona. 

I have previously lodged a complaint with the ACCC in respect another scooter distributor/retailer claiming their scooters had ABS brakes,  the ACCC have advised me that they agree with me and will be taking action against that distributor/retailer.

3. I also wonder about the business ethics of CMC Daytona claiming a RRP of $2490.00.  Who else sells CMC Daytona ?   To have a RRP who need to have more than one distributor selling to the public.   They also claim a Redbook RRP new price of $2490,  under what name ?  I checked the Redbook web site listings and cannot find it listed under CMC, Daytona or Wange.....

I dont know what this has to do with me all the posting above,  you so call non dealer this sounds exactly like a dealer to me.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au