Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Daelim S1 125

Last post 12-01-2010 10:51 PM by pyrah. 127 replies.
Page 1 of 9 (128 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2008 06:43 PM

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Daelim S1 125

I was riding past Zoot today and saw a new Daelim S1 getting delivered. Its one cute looking scooter. Tight and compact and reminds me of a stealth fighter. Apparently it goes well too. More torque than the NS but not as much raw power according to the guy from Daelim. It has got fuel injection which should give better economy. Im going to go back in a week or so and take it for a spin. On road it is $4400/$4500. Peter at Zoot thinks that is the problem but cant get it down any lower. The more I ride my NS the more I think money spent on a good scoot is money well spent.
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 07-19-2008 06:47 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Daelim S1 125

Its got a sweet toosh
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 07-19-2008 06:51 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

It has a much sharper look than the NS and looks to be better built.
  • 07-19-2008 06:53 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Cant wait to see what happens after 100k/h
  • 07-19-2008 07:53 PM In reply to

• mttttt
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Brisbane - North
    • Posts 659

does look very smart....looking forward to check one out ScooterHQ soon! ...pity it's only 125 (I'm looking at up to a 250 next time round)
    Ride a Yamaha CygnusX!
  • 07-19-2008 07:58 PM In reply to

• Paul Jam
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Brisbane - Southside
    • Posts 130

Sure looks pretty sharp Pete, thanks for the pix!  Got a very positive review in the latest scoot mag, and I'd love to go for a ride on one. (Can't really justify trading in the NS 125 for a while yet though).  What colour was that S1?  I've only seen pix of black ones.

Seems to be very well priced as well having the same RRP as the NS was ($3990 + orc).  Would be interesting to see what difference the efi makes, along with the 13 inch wheels and linked disc brakes.  I also like the up the front position of the fuel hatch.  Nice scoot!Big Smile

• 07-19-2008 07:58 PM In reply to

mttttt:
    does look very smart....looking forward to check one out ScooterHQ soon! ...pity it's only 125 (I'm looking at up to a 250 next time round)

I agree it's a pity it's only a 125,  there are so many other nice 125's although not many 125 EFI,  but still I would have liked to see 150 EFI.

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 07-19-2008 09:28 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Definitely a fine looking scoot!  The black looks great and the silver/grey is not too bad either.

The seat height is quite low (compared to other 125 scoots on the market) but very, very comfortable.

Plenty of room for tall guys like me with little chance of hitting anything with the knees.

I am sure you are going to like it Mtttt and Pauljam Big Smile

kiwiscoota:

mttttt:

I agree it's a pity it's only a 125,  there are so many other nice 125's although not many 125 EFI,  but still I would have liked to see 150 EFI.

Real pity they do not bring the S2 out here to Oz, in both the 125 and 250, but we cannot have everything Crying

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 07-19-2008 11:51 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Paul Jam:

Sure looks pretty sharp Pete, thanks for the pix!  Got a very positive review in the latest scoot mag, and I'd love to go for a ride on one. (Can't really justify trading in the NS 125 for a while yet though).  What colour was that S1?  I've only seen pix of black ones.

Seems to be very well priced as well having the same RRP as the NS was ($3990 + orc).  Would be interesting to see what difference the efi makes, along with the 13 inch wheels and linked disc brakes.  I also like the up the front position of the fuel hatch.  Nice scoot!Big Smile

Hi Paul Jam. Your review was one of the main reasons I bought my NS. Hows yours going? Mine's been fabulous. Nearly 6000 on the clock and going strong. Love the handling, will easly get me up to 100k/h and very reliable. Im the same re trading it in, cant justify it but still looking around. I'd probably get a derbi gp1 next time but that would be some time next year. How long do Daelims last? This S1 was a deep red/ maroon, possibly the same as yours. The external fuel hatch looked great to. It just looked slick and tight. This is the fuel hatch.
  • 07-20-2008 09:51 AM In reply to

• Curto
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Southern Sydney
    • Posts 212

Now thats a handy location for the fuel cap!

Thanks for the photos. 

• 07-20-2008 09:09 PM In reply to

Scott:
    Real pity they do not bring the S2 out here to Oz, in both the 125 and 250

The headlight on the S2 doesn't meet Australian standards, and the factory isn't going to re-tool for the sake of a handful of Aussie scoots. It's a shame, because it would be a good machine. The biggest shame is that the new S1 is being sold through the Zoot network... 

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 07-20-2008 10:46 PM In reply to

• philw
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-20-2008
    • Posts 3

Ordered my new Maroon S1 today as I had a close look over the weekend. It was hard to decide to replace my NS125 but the enhanced braking and fuel injection as well as the bigger "look" were the winners for me. No complaints with the NS 125 and I will be sad to see it go but at 61 years of age I can't keep two on the go or can I??. There is plenty of room in the shed as the car sits for most of the time in the driveway.....I notice it every time I drive past on the scooter!
  • 07-20-2008 11:02 PM In reply to

the scooter shop:
    The biggest shame is that the new S1 is being sold through the Zoot network...

The Daelim is only available through one Z**t dealership and that is Annandale (Sydney) unless they have changed from the arrangements they had for the NS125.

And Z**t Annandale will not sell the 50cc Daelim as to quote one of their staff "We already have some quality 50cc scooters"   (sic)

PS:  The Daelim does not even get a mention on the Z**t web site anymore.

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 07-21-2008 08:16 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

I think the S1 will be a good thing and will live off the back of the fact that the NS 125 was such a good performer. So again not for everyone but a choice for those that will dish out a few extra bucks to get a scooter that has some nice features like fuel injection.

Those that have had daelim scooters in the past have all felt pretty good about them in terms of reliability  

I am not getting you are you saying that the new S1 is a zoot exclusive thing or just that it is being sole across the zoot network.  

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 07-21-2008 08:52 AM In reply to

allen:
    I am not getting you are you saying that the new S1 is a zoot exclusive thing or just that it is being sole across the zoot network.

I'm not sure to be honest Al'. It just seems odd that the first S1 spotted in store, is in  a Zoot dealership.Confused

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
Page 1 of 9 (128 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au