Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

125-200cc Scooters

Last post 08-13-2008 10:57 AM by steve@ace. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2008 02:54 PM In reply to

• Sahatiel
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • Townsville
    • Posts 79

Re: 125-200cc Scooters

Well we only really have 2 dealers that do scooters at the moment (which is a little sad, but oh well, what can you do).  One only stocks 50cc Bugs (too small for what I want) and will occassionally order in a 125, but they don't have them in stock.

The other sells Piaggio, Bolwell, Vespa, Hyosung, Aprilia, Gilera, Benelli and Sachs, though their in stock range is also limited, mainly due to high sales.

Cairns seems to have a few scooter places like ScooterCo and ScooterShed, and I'm thinking of taking a day trip there one weekend to have a look, since I do have my car, and it's not that far away.

As for the Firenze, it's tempting, but it's a little bigger than I was after, and I would like to buy new.  And seeing it was in an accident, however little damage was done, it does make me a littlewary.

Mentally unstable like a fox!

Shiny Black VS125 "DJ" is in the house! ^^
  • 07-25-2008 08:18 PM In reply to

• r4vi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane, Queensland
    • Posts 170

rpmorrell:
    Have a squizz at this  http://www.maxitag.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=3902&highlight=#3902  2yo  250cc Firenze Bargain  $2,700 or $3,600

ROFL - it's getting to be a habit with Robo and Thelma...

G-Max owners get a better ride :-)
  • 08-03-2008 01:59 PM In reply to

• Sahatiel
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • Townsville
    • Posts 79

Well it's been a while since I asked for everyones advice on scooters.  Thanks to everyone who gave advice, it is very much appreciated.  I haven't got one yet, but I have narrowed down my huge list considerabley.

What's left is the Bolwell VS125, Bolwell HD200 and the Daelim S1.  The Daelim's chances are slim, though, as I have decided that I can't justify spending that much on a scooter without first test riding it, and there are no dealers closer than 1600km away that stock them.  I can't expect them to ship the thing up and (if i wasn't comfortable on it) have me ship it back, so unless there are some very cheap flights to Brissie available soon, it looks like that one will have to remain an item on the wish list....

As for the VS125 and the HD200, I haven't ridden either of them yet, seeing I'm yet to book my QRide, but the main dilema I have between the two is the underseat storage vs the extra power....  Funnily enough, even though the HD200 is out of my original budget, pricing isn't really coming into it...

So that's the update on  my scooter situation.  It does feel a lot better not having 30 different scooters on my watn list, lol.

• 08-05-2008 02:47 AM In reply to

here is my opinion and experience with my Fly that i currently own...

I own the Fly 125 here in Australia, the Fly's top speed is WAY above 95... I actually overtake cars on the freeway all the time.  The top registered speed I have had it at is 122km/h... i have no idea how or why they say 95!?!

I also can say that I fit my full face helmet under the seat all the time... 

Fuel consumption is actually down around 2.6l/100km...

I have done some looooong trips on the scooter and about the only complaint is that i have a really bony backside, and sometimes i wish there were gel under the seat or something! :D

With my wife on the back of the Fly, we are able to get up to above 90km/h so the engine is quite powerfull and keeps on pulling...

Piaggio Fly 125 is an awesome scooter...

I have a screen for the scooter which helps on the freeway too, it is pretty hard to ride a scooter with no screen at 100km/h!!

i paid 2200 for it second hand with 2500km on it... and still had 1 year on warranty...

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 08-05-2008 09:42 AM In reply to

LOL I see you're in Perth. You didn't buy it from a scooter nut at Ace Scooters by any chance did you?

How do you find the handling at high speeds? I couldn't handle it above 90km/hr, but that's possibly due to rider error by the sounds of what you're getting out of the bike. I'm surprised at the fuel economy you're getting, I'm sure mine did a lot better.

Welcome to the club!

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 08-05-2008 12:18 PM In reply to

High speeds were a little crazy till i got the screen fitted which is just a generic one three quarter size. I bought it second hand from a guy who was a scooter nut it is red like a candy red the next purchase is a top box. Most likely a big one
    Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 08-05-2008 07:37 PM In reply to

Did you buy it from Rui?  Given the performance it sounds like his scooter. 

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 08-05-2008 10:28 PM In reply to

Yeah!  How on earth did you deduce that it was from Rui?!  Man you are good!!!!!  I love the scooter, not sure why he was getting rid of it, anyways his loss my gain, although my wife is already talking of commandeering the scooter from me, and I might get a Scarabeo 250 ie... Just that little something more...:D

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 08-06-2008 08:55 PM In reply to

bunnybash:

Yeah!  How on earth did you deduce that it was from Rui?!  Man you are good!!!!!  I love the scooter, not sure why he was getting rid of it, anyways his loss my gain, although my wife is already talking of commandeering the scooter from me, and I might get a Scarabeo 250 ie... Just that little something more...:D

How did I know?  Because I know everything Stick out tongue  Nah, I was just talking to him when he picked up his new scoot. Rui is now riding a Derbi GP1 - which you'll realise from the forums has a bit of a fan base.  And quite understandably.   But he loved the Fly!   When you are ready to trade up, come and see us!!  (Or just come and see us anyway!!!)

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 08-07-2008 06:45 PM In reply to

well came up and saw you!!!

Also i tried to call your phone, but it was busy the whole time, I wanted to show you how good the Cardo Scala Q2 system is... i forgot to tell you that when my mate Adam and I are chatting over them, it is full duplex conversation, it's not like a walkie talkie or anything... AWESOME system...

here is the ebay link i was telling you about, so friggin cheap and such good service too...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270247589619&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 08-07-2008 07:18 PM In reply to

Great to see you - and thanks for the visit!  I don't know why the phones were engaged - but that happens. And thanks for the heads up on the Carda system.  I'll certainly investigate as full duplex is pretty awesome for helmet to helmet. 

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 08-12-2008 02:08 PM In reply to

• Sahatiel
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • Townsville
    • Posts 79

*takes back thread*

Quick question - does anyone know what the warrently on a Benelli Scooter is like?

• 08-12-2008 02:28 PM In reply to

*blocks thread take back*

I did a review of the Cardo system in the scooter review section too

review

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 08-13-2008 09:17 AM In reply to

• Sahatiel
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • Townsville
    • Posts 79

bunnybash:

review

That has nothing to do with my thread or anything I've asked, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop selling this product while I'm trying to get some help deciding what scooter, not what miscellaneous stuff I may or may not have any use for, I want to buy.  It's not very courteous of you.

In case someone missed it, I was asking if anyone knew what the Benelli warranty is like?  How long, etc?

• 08-13-2008 10:57 AM In reply to

Sahatiel:

bunnybash:

review

That has nothing to do with my thread or anything I've asked, so I'd appreciate it if you'd stop selling this product while I'm trying to get some help deciding what scooter, not what miscellaneous stuff I may or may not have any use for, I want to buy.  It's not very courteous of you.

In case someone missed it, I was asking if anyone knew what the Benelli warranty is like?  How long, etc?

You are going to have to get used to threads being hi-jacked I'm afraid.  Its part of what makes these forums such fun. Frustrating yes, but fun.

I think that the lack of response to your questions is that 1) no one knows how long the Benelli warranty is, and 2) no-one knows what the quality of the new Benelli's is like.  But we do know that the company that now owns Benelli is the same company that manufactures at least some of the scooters sold by Vmoto (and I think also by SCP).  They have a 1 year warranty.  So you may be able to draw your own conclusions from that.

www.acescooters.com.au
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au