Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Hello All

Last post 08-02-2008 10:51 AM by silverflyer. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2008 12:28 PM

• Bugman
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2008
    • Sydney Inner West
    • Posts 76

Hello All

Hi, I have been hanging around this forum and the scootersales website for about 5 weeks now, and it was a fantastic resource to find out about the scooters that were available and what riders opinions were of their scoots.

Due to financial limitations (it took ages to convince my wife $2000 just wasn't enough and get the budget upped to $3000) , being too heavy for a 50cc (100kg's plus wanting to be able to occasionally 2 up with my wife) and not really wanting a bike with 10" wheels (Sachs City) my options were reduced to an Agility or a Monaco. I preferred the look of the Monaco and thought the alarm would be good and the remote start would be fun to show off with :)

Unfortunatly I could not find a VMoto dealer in Sydney, all the dealers listed on the VMoto website seemed to no longer stock them (well there weren't any VMoto's on their website's) so it was all down to the Agility. I took one for a test ride and having never riden a scooter before, I was quite impressed, it was actually a bit quicker than I expected from an auto 125 and was so easy to ride and sooo comfortable (compared to the sports bikes I have had before this).

That was all I needed, I went out the following Tuesday and put a deposit down and picked it up 2 weeks ago.

So far I love it, the only prob I have encountered is during/after riding in heavy rain the blinker unit starts ticking like the blinkers are on, but they aren't. This isn't a big issue as when I do use the blinkers whilst this is happening they still work fine. 

Anyway, expect to see me hanging around a bit..I will write up a user review once I have clocked up a few more K's.

I am already eyeing off the GP1, I think that could satisfy both my sports bike and scooter fetishes in one... I guess I better start to lay the groundwork to convince the missus that I NEED one...(could take a few years) ;)

Only a few more weeks till I'll be loving my Agility again. Just hope it still loves me...
  • 08-01-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Re: Hello All

yeh well done bugman and welcome. The Agility is a great 125 and if your on a budget it should always be on a list somewhere. It has that great Kymco acceleration that is pretty surprising. I reckon youll be hooked on scoots before you know it

Great to hear your sticking around and look forward to your review......

Welcome and like us all on this forum where all saving in some way for a GP1.  

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 08-01-2008 12:42 PM In reply to

Welcome Bugman!

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 08-01-2008 12:59 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-07-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Welcome Bugman to both the Scooter Community and the Agility club Big Smile

Done over 10,000km on mine in 9 months and very happy.

Not sure about your indicator issue but definitely get the dealer to look at it.

Hope to catch you around and read your review. Geeked

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 08-01-2008 02:00 PM In reply to

Hey Bugman,  welcome to the forum and congrats on your Agility,  I convinced my boss to buy an Agility (he used to ride sportsbikes a few years ago),  he loves his and like you was surprised at it's performance, especially for a 125.

You'll need to get a dealer to look at the indicator problem,  sounds like water is getting into one of the connectors,  it may only need re-positioning or maybe it has a waterproof cover not properly fitted.  Tongue Tied

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 08-01-2008 02:11 PM In reply to

allen:

NO, WE ARE NOT!!! I'm hanging out for a Xciting 500R or the Super 8 or Agility City if either makes it here to OZ.... BL***Y over-rated piece of eurotrash. Coming here, throw it's glitz and bling around like an expensive hooker (excuse the expression, ladies)  but I suppose once you've "ridden" one you'll be keen to go back for another quick one no matter the price.

Welcome to the Bug Family, BugMan!!!  Current count of Bugs under the House 3 and climbing (not counting the cockies.....)

(Hmmmm, Wondering how much flak I'll cop this time dissing the GHEE-PEE WUN!!!!....heh heh heh)

Ya just can't beat having a good tinker.....
  • 08-01-2008 02:20 PM In reply to

K-star:
    (Hmmmm, Wondering how much flak I'll cop this time dissing the GHEE-PEE WUN!!!!....heh heh heh)

Think you've been hanging out with "Scooter Rooter" a bit much Wink

Don't know what it is you've got against it, sort of surprises me considering the boy racer in you. Thing is eventually the technology in the GP1 will filter down the line to other scooters, which is a good thing.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 08-01-2008 02:43 PM In reply to

I like the GP1 but have no desire to get one. It's personal choice, and thats all.

People here, like Dak, dont particularly like what I ride, but thats cool, cos a scooter community is just that, a community (a community is an assemblage of populations of different species, interacting with one another). If I didn't like the Moozies that are here in Albury, then tough, they have their rite to be part of the community. K-star, when are you going for the Xciting 500?

I admire the technology in the GP1, and since Derbi is part of the Piaggio group, perhaps there's a chance Vespa may incorporate the great technology in the GP1.

• 08-01-2008 02:52 PM In reply to

K-star:

allen:

NO, WE ARE NOT!!! I'm hanging out for a Xciting 500R or the Super 8 or Agility City if either makes it here to OZ.... BL***Y over-rated piece of eurotrash. Coming here, throw it's glitz and bling around like an expensive hooker (excuse the expression, ladies)  but I suppose once you've "ridden" one you'll be keen to go back for another quick one no matter the price.

I sort of agree with you K,  we are NOT all saving for a GP1,  while I can appreciate them for what they are,  the GP1 does not appeal to me at all. 

Personally, I will be buying a new scooter later this year,  the budget will be up to $10,000 and the GP1 will NOT be on the short list.

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 08-01-2008 03:08 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

you guys are funny .... I did make a big summation in my post. Remind me not to ever go the "figure of speach" root again.... hehehe

Dont forget we were welcoming a new member to the forum  

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 08-01-2008 03:10 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

K-star:
    I'm hanging out for a Xciting 500R or the Super 8 or Agility City if either makes it here to OZ

I reckon a Kymco Xciting 500R for you K....... Actually Ive heard great things about this scooter with loads of power on tap.  

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 08-01-2008 09:30 PM In reply to

Welcome Bugman. I also have a Agility 125, had it since the begining of June, really enjoying it, even in the rain which we have had a little in Brissy lately. I am already looking at my next scooter but that is the scooter bug not dissatisfaction with my Agility. Enjoy the ride.

Aprilia Scarabeo 250 Whoo Hoo Yehhh!! Now named Seth.
    Agility 125 happy and joyous, now sold by ScooterHQ, thanks guys.
  • 08-02-2008 12:11 AM In reply to

Scooter HQ:

Don't know what it is you've got against it, sort of surprises me considering the boy racer in you. Thing is eventually the technology in the GP1 will filter down the line to other scooters, which is a good thing.

......  Glad I didn't call it a CheePee Wun......LOL

BUT....I admit the GP1 is great, rides great, feels great ( certainly one of the few bikes/scooters that instantly felt right when the bum was parked. Loved the mirrors, Didn't care for the dash with the overly large tacho but the speedo being digital was a plus. Just that it should be more prominent than the tacho.....

Imagine a Police Officer pulling me over (and they would just to look at the GP1) and  ask the standard question..."Do you know what speed you were doing back there?"

"No," I'd reply" But I I can tell ya I was pulling 7,542 rpm!!!"

And certainly a great image for scooter to turn heads around the place. I would love to see one especially the 50cc (not the racer version though) show up for the Youngstars.

But for me to go down that path again with sportsbikes, I'd prefer the real thing. Even the little 250 sportsbikes like your ZX2s, Cbrr250s etc etc sound awesome with a good pipe and the 4 cylinders pulling revs somewhere in the 10s of thousands.  My choice between a GP1 and something like a RVF400. I'd go the RVF.

I'd like to get a DH 2.0 though....

• 08-02-2008 12:31 AM In reply to

dozer:
    K-star, when are you going for the Xciting 500?

Probably about the same time you head west?  I wonder if .............. will help me order me in a Super 8

• 08-02-2008 09:13 AM In reply to

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

Welcome to the Community Bugman!!!!

I am sure you will enjoy your ride

Life is even better with Silverwing 07
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT