Scooter
Community

Best scooters for leaving V8 utes behind?

Last post 09-14-2008 04:34 PM by Dakoda. 45 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2008 08:22 PM In reply to

• Sonefive
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-22-2008
    • Nth Beaches
    • Posts 62

Re: Best scooters for leaving V8 utes behind?

ColdCola:

What exactly is the opposite of beating a V8?

The opposite, its not letting the person behind the wheels of a car that is usually possesed by one who has high amounts of testosterone, a large ego, boy racer,or V8 Super car afficionado get into a situation were they think that a challenge has been presented to them by a "who does he think he is " motor scooter. Its being aware of a scooters limitations and not trying to "beat" a V8 driver, who on past encounters that I have had are ready to prove their prowess on the road. 

• 08-05-2008 02:05 PM In reply to

The best way to beat V8 utes is when you know that there is a multinova ahead of you which you know can't take your photo.  The great thing about V8s is that you KNOW that they are going to have to try and race you - its something that's programmed into them - so if you can help them get another speeding ticket and lose their license, then I reckon that's a community service. Idea

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 08-05-2008 03:12 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

steve@ace:
    so if you can help them get another speeding ticket and lose their license,

My, you're so wickedly evil. I love it!Devil

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 08-05-2008 03:55 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

I think ColdCola needs to word his questions a bit better.

I can only presume that you are asking which is the quickest over a set distance which would be more interesting.

400m is a bit long as we know but 100m would be very interesting to stack up a tricked, light weight 50cc against a maxi.  That would be a race!!

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 08-05-2008 06:07 PM In reply to

ColdCola:

why do you want to beat a v8, are you feeling inadequate? 

argentum melle
  • 08-05-2008 06:11 PM In reply to

Yes, I always feel inadequate. For instance, I look at your picture and see that you have three silver scooters lined up, and I don't have any.

Mack Truck
  • 08-05-2008 06:14 PM In reply to

ColdCola:

Yes, I always feel inadequate. For instance, I look at your picture and see that you have three silver scooters lined up, and I don't have any.

only one is mine.

but that is also my only mode of transport as i have no car 

argentum melle
  • 08-05-2008 06:20 PM In reply to

Just joking with you!

I don't have a car either. But I do have a much loved HD200 and two functioning legs -- the fracture's mainly healed. Just trying to master walking without a limp now.

This whole post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Or, at least, no more seriously than my "making love on a moving scooter" post. I think it is possible to achieve both -- the making love and the beating of V8s -- but how about doing these two things simultaneously? Now that would be a real challenge.

Mack Truck
  • 08-05-2008 06:24 PM In reply to

ColdCola:

Just joking with you!

I don't have a car either. But I do have a much loved HD200 and two functioning legs -- the fracture's mainly healed. Just trying to master walking without a limp now.

This whole post wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Or, at least, no more seriously than my "making love on a moving scooter" post. I think it is possible to achieve both -- the making love and the beating of V8s -- but how about doing these two things simultaneously? Now that would be a real challenge.

i am glad to hear the leg is getting better. is it good to get out of the plaster. are you exercising in the pool? that will help getting onto the scooter quicker. 

argentum melle
  • 08-05-2008 06:44 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

are you exercising in the pool? that will help getting onto the scooter quicker. 

Is that because being wet it'll be easier to slide onto the seat? Stick out tongue 

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 08-05-2008 06:46 PM In reply to

silverflyer:
    i am glad to hear the leg is getting better. is it good to get out of the plaster. are you exercising in the pool? that will help getting onto the scooter quicker.

Pool exercise is a great low stress method of exercise.

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 08-05-2008 06:46 PM In reply to

steve@ace:

silverflyer:

are you exercising in the pool? that will help getting onto the scooter quicker. 

Is that because being wet it'll be easier to slide onto the seat? Stick out tongue 

it could be but i was thinking that you can exercise the limbs with the body weight supported by the water 

argentum melle
  • 08-06-2008 10:19 AM In reply to

• Keeper75
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 627

ColdCola:
    I think it is possible to achieve both -- the making love and the beating of V8s -- but how about doing these two things simultaneously? Now that would be a real challenge.

You might be able to achieve this on a Burgman 650 with cruise control Devil

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
  • 08-06-2008 10:31 AM In reply to

• R1hoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2007
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 439

my 5 cents worth .... My italjet 180 Dragster - (ported mallossi 172 barrel and 28mm flatslide carb with jolly motor pipe, rollers, clutch, dyno tuned etc etc blah blah blah)

Off the lights it will keep to the door of a chipped CV8 Monaro, driven as hard as it will go, all the way to 80kmh. and will chase it up to 140kmh.

I was going to write a witty and clever comment here, then thought "naa screw it" -- I'm just gunna be a smart a$$.
  • 08-06-2008 04:45 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

ColdCola:

Just joking with you!

Thanks, SilverFlyer. It feels amazingly good to be off the crutches. I've already got back on the scooter for a couple of rides, but I might try the pool exercise idea because the leg remains stiff and sore in places.

Mack Truck
Page 2 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au