Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Scooter Covers

Last post 02-18-2017 09:11 PM by aspro boy. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2016 05:19 PM In reply to

Re: Scooter Covers

aspro boy:

So, what's under the cover?

YAMAHA SR400

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 11-29-2016 08:16 PM In reply to

Ahh! Thanks for showing. I look at these frequently myself at Deus Ex Machina. They sell new and custom. I was surprised at the $ ticket price they had for an original 500 with demonstrator ks only. Greater than a new 400. 

I have some shabby memories of how cranky the XT500 could be to periodically kick start if you got it wrong.

Any plans for the bike other than riding pleasure?

• 11-29-2016 11:03 PM In reply to

aspro boy:

Ahh! Thanks for showing. I look at these frequently myself at Deus Ex Machina. They sell new and custom. I was surprised at the $ ticket price they had for an original 500 with demonstrator ks only. Greater than a new 400. 

I have some shabby memories of how cranky the XT500 could be to periodically kick start if you got it wrong.

Any plans for the bike other than riding pleasure?

Keep thinking if i get around to it  simple cafe racer look Ace bars megaphone exhaust hump seat bullet indicators bar end mirrors . Yep the fuel injected 400 is a lot easier to kick start than the 500 cc carbureted engine derivatives

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 11-30-2016 04:57 PM In reply to

Yep, if you flooded the carby it became a waiting game. Yours is nice in that colour rather than the new 2017 gloss black. They do lend themselves to even subtle customizing - and no doubt bullet proof, with all that heritage, which you need so that you are not running to the dealer frequently. It'll always be there for you.

I moved up to numerous capable multies years ago, but now prefer smaller to mid capacity capable character engines, of which yours is one.

• 02-16-2017 11:04 PM In reply to

aspro boy you didn't mention that Deus also do push bikes click

Deus_gazzetta_rack_2

And a scooter

The Derny

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-17-2017 05:41 PM In reply to

A few years back they had some young dude scoring original period bikes and frames, which he re-invented with lumpy price tags to match. Some were beautiful examples of bike craft of their day. So successful were they originally, they moved to a dedicated outlet on Oxford St. Darlinghurst. Further, they then moved to a larger outlet on the Bourke St. cycleway at Darlinghurst. All this was being subsidized by the Deus fashion label with apparel being sold alongside. Demand then, made these original bikes increasingly scarce. But alas all this has folded with the diminishment of the single speed craze also (Sydney is hilly) and the fact that the hipster movement that drove it are dedicted on-line purchasers.

A few mixed examples can be seen at their Camperdown outlet, but I have never, in all my numerous passing visits, sighted a scooter.

• 02-18-2017 12:19 PM In reply to

Disappearance of hipsters must be why Reid have dropped my bike from their range

Image result for reid wayfarer

Image result for ladybird book of hipsters

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 02-18-2017 09:11 PM In reply to

Not sure that they have all disappeared. They are getting a little older, and the money they saved by not buying razor blades they are now spending on gears

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au