Scooter
Community

Perth - Sunday Church. On a Scoot

Last post 08-29-2008 10:02 PM by silverflyer. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2008 06:34 PM

Perth - Sunday Church. On a Scoot

Watto will be hosting a service starting at 9am Sunday at the BP Service station corner of Charles St & Scarborough Beach Rd. Where the service goes from there will depend on who turns up. The more scoots the better your spiritual enlightening will be so drag yourself & anyone you happen to pass on the way to the spot or lightning will strike you down! OK, maybe not but be there anyway.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 08-24-2008 01:10 PM In reply to

• Paso
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • Posts 74

Re: Perth - Sunday Church. On a Scoot

Couldn't make it today.

Didn't get home until after 2am from stargazing.Sleep

Then I had to unpack the gear which took a while.

I was still snug as a bug in a rug at the time you all met. Geeked

Might go for a solo a bit later... I feel a coffee coming on.....Coffee

Hopefully next weekend.

ciao

Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief.

Sigmund Freud
  • 08-24-2008 04:00 PM In reply to

There could well be a ride to Araluen on next Sunday. I'll post details here as soon as I find out.

Today's ride was a lot of fun, quite relaxing... I arrived fairly early at the service station & relaxed with a coffee while seeing who else would turn up. I wasn't really expecting anyone as Watto had warned me that he may not be able to make it and given the late warning I didn't think anyone would come along. Still, he did scoot along & then we were joined by Rupert. He's someone who I had met at the meeting point on a previous group ride. He had come to the service station to buy a paper & had a chat with we friendly & approachable scooterists about riding, group riding etc. It just so happened that he dropped by again today to pick up a paper & expressed an interest in coming along for a ride today. We waited a short time for him to come back on his LG & we were off!

Both Rupert & I had family to visit later in the day so we could only afford a half-day scoot which meant another winding ride along the river to Fremantle (this really is a very nice & relaxing ride. I'm yet to become bored of it, I'm not sure I ever will.) where we stopped at the L2 for a coffee, a late breakfast & of course a good chat! The food took quite a long time to arrive so unfortunately Rupert had to head off leaving Watto & I to tackle our breakfast & then scoot back towards Perth along the south side of the river. This side definitely isn't as scenic & enjoyable as the north side, but we still had a good ride.

Oh and on the way north towards Perth we spotted a group of young guys on classic & modern Vespas. Needless to say they looked the goods & I got a thrill from the return nods & toots that we received from them as they scooted on their way.

Roll on Sunday!!

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 08-24-2008 07:26 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

This is Church for me - on the east coast...

View Larger Map

Then Road Warriors for lunch Big Smile

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-24-2008 07:49 PM In reply to

That looks like it would be a beautiful ride,

This is my favourite half-way spot (it's actually a little more than that) on the river run from Perth to Fremantle. It's never failed to leave me in awe of the view. It's a lookout point on Bay View Terrace in Maylands.

Wanda
  • 08-24-2008 08:18 PM In reply to

sounds like a nice ride.

i did a ride up to kalamunda via the helena valley. lovely coffee and cherry strudel at la paris brest. i even beat the lunatics in lyra too. then along the mundering weir road. lovely nice and quiet. only saw one group of bikes on the road.

argentum melle
  • 08-24-2008 08:23 PM In reply to

It was a perfect day for a scoot wasn't it. Will you be joining us on the Araluen ride next Sunday? What about the hubby of the woman you work with? Everyone has been commenting how we haven't seen him again. Could you please ask for his contact details for us?
    Wanda
  • 08-24-2008 09:17 PM In reply to

For anyone interested this is the route we took today, or close to it from Google

Wanda
  • 08-25-2008 11:54 PM In reply to

• watto
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-25-2008
    • Landsdale Perth
    • Posts 171

ScootaChic:
    For anyone interested this is the route we took today, or close to it from

A very good post ScootaChic

Keep the round black things on the black stuff!
  • 08-27-2008 09:11 PM In reply to

ScootaChic:
    It was a perfect day for a scoot wasn't it. Will you be joining us on the Araluen ride next Sunday?

not until the b#llsh%t ceases.

but if other riders want to join me on a ride, they are most welcome. but they need to keep together as a group and maintain the speed limit.

argentum melle
  • 08-27-2008 09:52 PM In reply to

• MerrilyW
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-03-2008
    • I dream it I am there :-)
    • Posts 325

Re: Perth - Sunday Church. On a Scoot Reply for Jax

Jax i was just about to log off as I REALLY have to start packing for my trip to NZ later this week.....but I saw your post and intrigued ..I clicked on the google maps link......peered at it and then put my glasses on and peered again......and now I have fallen off my chair laughing...├žos i recognised our favorite haunts,,

.so if you ever see a maroon/red Goldwing or a dark Blue Valkyrie (I'll be pillion on those)  or a Blue MP3 and then maybe even the Red vespa - Keep an eye out for me in a pink Joe Rocket and say Hi! :-) I'll shout you a pie or a coffee!

Proud owner of Vespa GTS250ie - Ferrari Red..or some colour like that :-) with a BMW cool bike on the side...and a custom built Repsol Honda PCX finishes the stable.
  • 08-28-2008 10:05 AM In reply to

silverflyer:

huh?

Vespa PX200 "Killer Wasp" - now on a street near you
  • 08-28-2008 12:47 PM In reply to

• Paso
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • Posts 74

silverflyer:

ScootaChic:
    It was a perfect day for a scoot wasn't it. Will you be joining us on the Araluen ride next Sunday?

but if other riders want to join me on a ride, they are most welcome. but they need to keep together as a group and maintain the speed limit.

yeah ???? 

sounds a bit agro.

If there are any 50cc along for the ride I don't think they'll be able to do 80kph maybe 70kph.

So if there are 80K plus zones you'll do 80kph in a group if others wish to do that speed?

Looks like there will be two groups then;

1. The group doing the speed limit and

2. A slower group doing their best to keep up to the speed limit.

I don't mind sticking with group 2, if I can get there as it's my B/day Sunday, so i may have a couple commitments.

ciao

Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief.

Sigmund Freud
  • 08-28-2008 10:00 PM In reply to

As a rule we stick to the speed of the slowest bike & also the capabilities of the riders. Hopefully this will mean we'll choose a route that suits the group, ie we can do the speed limit, but on occasion it has meant we tolerate the aggression of the car drivers in order to keep the group together. On these occasions I've grown to appreciate Watto sitting at the back of the pack on his 500cc monster keeping the cagers at bay.

As we told Rupert last weekend - we take great pride in not losing anyone. If people do start being left behind we'll pull up at the first opportunity & wait for them to catch up. Riding with this group is more about enjoying the company of others & exploring some spectacular countryside rather than just travelling from one point to another.

Wanda
  • 08-28-2008 10:50 PM In reply to

ScootaChic:
    It was a perfect day for a scoot wasn't it. Will you be joining us on the Araluen ride next Sunday? What about the hubby of the woman you work with? Everyone has been commenting how we haven't seen him again. Could you please ask for his contact details for us?

not allowed to go, he will be celebrating his wedding anniversary in melbourne

argentum melle
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au