Scooter
Community

What shoes do you wear scootin'?

Last post 09-12-2008 03:38 PM by Bruce. 74 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2008 02:02 PM In reply to

Re: What shoes do you wear scootin'?

We stock these. Motorcycle specific Puma which are primo boots, but awesome fit and finish...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 09-01-2008 02:55 PM In reply to

• GeeKay
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Perth
    • Posts 312

I thought about the Pumas - they look pretty good. Unfortunately they don't work that well with a pair business trousers. 

I'm hoping that the recent increases in the number of scooter riders (myself being one) will inspire manufacturers to cater for the scooter corwd.  Can you imagine a Momo scooter sneaker or a Corazzio bike boot?  That'd be sweet.

VMoto Milan JX50 - The farce is strong with this one!
  • 09-01-2008 03:14 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

This has been an excellent post.

I bougfht a pair of Dririder Nordic Pros last week and they protect my legs from the cold wind and wet really well but my ankles still get cold. I've been looking for a pair of boots that don't look like I've just done 10 laps with Casey Stoner. Not an easy job. Just like Steve@Ace said... a normal boot that's not OTT is hard to find.

I'd like a pair that I can ride to work and wear in the office all day, preferably with zips or velcro because doing up lace with cold hand is almost impossible. Those Puma boots look really nice and comfortable. They don't look like biker boots.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 09-01-2008 03:21 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

the scooter shop:
     We stock these. Motorcycle specific Puma which are primo boots, but awesome fit and finish..

What's the full and proper name of those boots? They look really comfortable. Have they got good gripping soles?

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 09-01-2008 03:29 PM In reply to

Yeah - they look good!  Let me know offline who you your supplier is as I feel the need.Big Smile

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-01-2008 03:52 PM In reply to

• modern
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2008
    • VESPA ET2, 125 "S"
    • Posts 89

You goin to Brighton this weekend?
  • 09-01-2008 10:22 PM In reply to

GeeKay:
    I'm hoping that the recent increases in the number of scooter riders (myself being one) will inspire manufacturers to cater for the scooter corwd.  Can you imagine a Momo scooter sneaker or a Corazzio bike boot?  That'd be sweet.

I don't know if it will make any difference, but I contacted Draggin Jeans for exactly this reason a couple of weeks ago with some suggestions. Time will tell if it did help, but I did at least get a nice email in response. Hell, if I had the time, equipment and skill I'd launch my own line of clothing, as I'm sure there is a market as well.

• 09-02-2008 09:14 AM In reply to

Pegasus:
    What's the full and proper name of those boots? They look really comfortable. Have they got good gripping soles?

"Puma Flat2"- they're actually a motard orientated shoe, for mucking about around town, that sort of thing. But they suit scoots really well and look great under jeans. Soles are great...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 09-02-2008 10:41 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

the scooter shop:
    "Puma Flat2"- they're actually a motard orientated shoe, for mucking about around town, that sort of thing. But they suit scoots really well and look great under jeans. Soles are great...
    I

I wonder where in Perth I could get to try on a pair of those. Thanks for that.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 09-02-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

I wear Columbia hiking boots. They have served me well. When I got knocked off the scoot a couple of weeks ago I watched as the 4wd ran over my right foot, not even a bruise, protected my ankles too.

I have looked at M/C boots but have been unable to find any that have a really thick sole like the hiking boots(I need the height) or come in a small enough size.

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 09-02-2008 11:52 AM In reply to

Pegasus:

I wonder where in Perth I could get to try on a pair of those. Thanks for that.

Hopefully soon from us.  Cam has kindly sent me the details and I'll be calling the supplier today to get an order in Big Smile 

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-02-2008 12:22 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

steve@ace:
    Hopefully soon from us.  Cam has kindly sent me the details and I'll be calling the supplier today to get an order in Big Smile 

Thanks Steve. I knew I could count on you... I think. Hopefully once you get them in you'll remember where you put them.Wink

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 09-02-2008 04:13 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

ScootaChic:

I've got some Steel Blue steelcap workman's boots. They're my all-purpose boot, including wearing around the office at work since I can't be bothered changing! 

Ditto for me.  They are very comfortable but a little on the heavy side with the steel cap. 

Denni:

I wear Columbia hiking boots.

Got a pair of these for Karen for when she starts to ride.

But this is what she really wants Huh?

Icon Bombshell

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
  • 09-02-2008 04:36 PM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

It'll be so good when Karen gets her scoot and can come on the rides. We will have Monozygotic scoots.

Just heals don't help the verically challenged, it's chunky sole all the way!

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 09-02-2008 04:39 PM In reply to

• Scott
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • Brisbane South
    • Posts 1,702

Denni:

Monozygotic

Ok, did have to look it up but I was right Stick out tongue

As for the boots, that is why I told her it was not a good idea.  If she still wants them after some extensive ride time then ok, whatever she wants Smile

Wife first, scooters and birds second.
    Got to remember that order......

The 125cc Bug Agility is rather ill, may be terminal so onto the Mighty Mio 100!
Page 3 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au