Scooter
Community

New South Of River riding group - Any one keen to join me? Sunday 21st Sept . Meet 2.00pm Deepwater Pt, The Esplanade Mt Pleasant

Last post 09-22-2008 09:28 PM by silverflyer. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2008 09:33 PM

New South Of River riding group - Any one keen to join me? Sunday 21st Sept . Meet 2.00pm Deepwater Pt, The Esplanade Mt Pleasant

I have been wondering if there any any groups that ride on a regular basis S of River but have been unsuccessful in finding any that I can Join as a newish 50cc rider.

SO - I have decided to start one myself!

If there is anyone out there interested in riding from Melville/Applecross/Kardinya/Leeming/North-Bibra Lake/Booragoon or any of the surrounding suburbs, lets join up at a place like Deepwater Point (or any nominated place that is convenient) on Saturday or Sunday afternoons and go for a spin. As I only have a 50cc, I would be looking at similar types, but anyone will be welcome as at this stage - membership is 1 so far....

We can find a nice cafe to park and have a chat too..

Ideal

Dark Blue Vespa LX 150 - Vincenzo/Vinnie
    Black PX 200- Gian Carlo
    "My Boys"
  • 09-14-2008 11:36 PM In reply to

Re: New South Of River riding group - Any one keen to join me?

Send a message to people such as Shazray, Scootergeek, Jimmylee77... they're from down that way. Of course, if you can tolerate the northerners there's usually a northern & southern meeting point on the Perth rides before a final common meeting point for everyone to meet up Wink

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 09-15-2008 01:09 AM In reply to

Hi ScooterChick, of course I can tolerate the Northerners, and you sound like you are a hoot, so I would welcome you any time.

Embarrassed I was just not sure if you came down this way, as most of the rides I read about would require me to figure out how to go N of River without using the freeway, which would be a pain  having only a 50cc. No trouble for most of you guys though with the larger engines.

I feel so outclassed already.... 

I will have to figure out how to send these messages to specific people eh? (Maybe tomorrow...)

Black PX 200- Gian Carlo
    "My Boys"
  • 09-15-2008 11:06 AM In reply to

LOL

I could actually have another contact for you, I'm just waiting to hear back about whether she's happy for me to pass on her details to you. She lives further east but still south of the river & rides a Jog.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 09-15-2008 08:43 PM In reply to

I think if you want to organise a ride, people from all over will come along, doesn't have to be southies only. I grew up in the Meliville area, now live in Yangebup and still ride around freo, ardross, etc. I'll come for a ride! The deep water point cafe is ideal for parking scoots, and they have good coffee! Plenty of places to ride too... Wireless Hill park is another great meeting place. A cruise through Applecross, attadale, etc would be nice
    Vespa PX200 "Killer Wasp" - now on a street near you
  • 09-16-2008 01:06 AM In reply to

• Magoo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • WA
    • Posts 804

doesnt bother me if rides are to Albany or wherever........if its 50cc friendly i am interested

• 09-16-2008 10:45 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

Mamma Mio:

I'll ride to almost anywhere for a group ride Mio. One of the best rides is the river ride via Mosman Park/Freo.

The fact that you live south means that us northerners will get to see parts of your side of the river that we haven't seen before.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 09-16-2008 09:22 PM In reply to

OK - I have decided to make a time and day for this ride and I would love to see anyone who can make it.

• Day : THIS Sunday the 21st Sept
    • Time : 2.00pm Meet at Deepwater Point carpark area near Cafe somewhere.

The Esplanade, Mt Pleasant.

I have thought a route along the river through Applecross, Bicton, Pt Walter, East Freo and to Freo, depending on how keen everyone is.

There are several possible coffee stops along the way such as Pt Walter Cafe, and Zephers and Deepwater Pt as the start or finish. "Whatever"

Please send info this to whoever may be interested, and lets cross our fingers for nice weather!

Ciao Yes 

Black PX 200- Gian Carlo
    "My Boys"
  • 09-16-2008 09:25 PM In reply to

Yup I'll be there.

Maybe we northerners could do the usual north of river route to Freo then double back to the cafe?

Start time 12:30pm  BP service station cnr Scarb Beach Rd & Charles St to allow for stopping to admire the view & photo ops at Bayview Wink

Wanda
  • 09-16-2008 09:39 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Wink [;)] Re: New South Of River riding group - Any one keen to join me?

Count me in , in the group rides , just  let me know the time and place and will meet up , weather permitting of course , I am 50cc scooterists .and not too windy off course . 

Mamma Mio:

I have been wondering if there any any groups that ride on a regular basis S of River but have been unsuccessful in finding any that I can Join as a newish 50cc rider.

SO - I have decided to start one myself!

If there is anyone out there interested in riding from Melville/Applecross/Kardinya/Leeming/North-Bibra Lake/Booragoon or any of the surrounding suburbs, lets join up at a place like Deepwater Point (or any nominated place that is convenient) on Saturday or Sunday afternoons and go for a spin. As I only have a 50cc, I would be looking at similar types, but anyone will be welcome as at this stage - membership is 1 so far....

Ideal

, I am from north of the river ,cheers
  • 09-17-2008 01:52 AM In reply to

• Magoo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • WA
    • Posts 804

ScootaChic:

Yup I'll be there.

Maybe we northerners could do the usual north of river route to Freo then double back to the cafe?

Start time 12:30pm  BP service station cnr Scarb Beach Rd & Charles St to allow for stopping to admire the view & photo ops at Bayview Wink

Coolio, goodie, goodie

• 09-17-2008 09:50 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

Oh, this meet up...Embarrassed

I think I should be okay to come along. I'll have to check with my social director... I've got a feeling I've got a breakfast at Sizzler.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 09-17-2008 10:12 AM In reply to

I've added the details of this ride to http://www.perthscooter.com/

remember, if you register on the site you can add ride information to the site yourself

If I pass my riding test tomorrow on my PX200, I'll probably see you at deep water point! hehe

:)

Vespa PX200 "Killer Wasp" - now on a street near you
  • 09-18-2008 10:33 AM In reply to

I'm hearing a death rattle coming from the scooter this morning. Surprise Riding on my way to work there were all sorts of noises coming from the engine. Turning around making a run for home it felt severely underpowered before barely limping down the driveway & dying. So it looks like I won't have a scooter to come & meet you this time Crying I do however have a car so perhaps if you know of a final destination where I could meet you?

on a more positive note - Keith, Ace Scooters mechanic, is threatening to sit me on the GTS250ie!!!! WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm 100% sure I'll handle the weight better this time given my experience with the LG. We'll see Big Smile

Good luck Jimmy!!!

Wanda
  • 09-18-2008 10:45 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

Nooooooooooooooooo! Looks like I won't be able to make it.Crying

Breakfast at Sizzler is next week Sunday. This Sunday my son has a football wind-up and then him and I are going to the WAFL grand final. Go Subi! Smile

I hope to meet you next time Mio and (maybe) Lava.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au