Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

time for a FAQ?

Last post 05-01-2009 06:04 PM by Hardley Viragoson. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2008 02:34 PM

time for a FAQ?

There are certain questions that are asked repetatively & so I was thinking this morning that it would be good to have a FAQ available. Of course not everyone actually reads those things before asking their question that's already been asked, and answered, a 100 times before. Still, it would be nice to have.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 10-03-2008 01:04 PM In reply to

• scootergeek
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-22-2008
    • Perth (SOR), Western Australia
    • Posts 70

Re: time for a FAQ?

Yes.  The FAQ section could be positioned prominently, in a contrasting text colour, on the homepage of SC website.

That way, there'd be fewer excuses NOT to refer to it before posting. 

Kymco Agility 125cc
  • 10-15-2008 11:27 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

yeh we can do we just need probably somebody to move posts into it just incase I am tied up ? and dont see it but we sure can create a FAQ section if people believe this is a good thing
    Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 10-15-2008 04:34 PM In reply to

ScootaChic:
    There are certain questions that are asked repetatively & so I was thinking this morning that it would be good to have a FAQ available. Of course not everyone actually reads those things before asking their question that's already been asked, and answered, a 100 times before. Still, it would be nice to have

It's pretty daunting for a newbie to get on & find what they are looking for, with lots of off topic input etc. Nothing wrong with answering the same questions over & over plus sometimes it's good for them to be brought up again.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 10-16-2008 07:24 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Scooter HQ:

ScootaChic:
    There are certain questions that are asked repetatively & so I was thinking this morning that it would be good to have a FAQ available. Of course not everyone actually reads those things before asking their question that's already been asked, and answered, a 100 times before. Still, it would be nice to have

It's pretty daunting for a newbie to get on & find what they are looking for, with lots of off topic input etc. Nothing wrong with answering the same questions over & over plus sometimes it's good for them to be brought up again.

Most questions are not the same, as they differ slightly.  As we are all not the same, and we all have different needs :P

But I dont think it would hurt to have a FAQ section, it would help out any newbie with broad questions etc.  It's a good start for them anyway.

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 10-16-2008 09:15 AM In reply to

• RHINO62
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2007
    • Dalby Qld
    • Posts 262

So what should go in a FAQ?

my thoughts would be an overview / summary of some topics like-

Licensing requirement - state by state

Difference between 2 & 4 strokes

Ideal usage of 50cc, 100 - 150cc, 150 - 250cc etc (a general guide only not indepth brand by brand)

Cleaning the scoot.

Weekly scooter checks - tyres, oil etc

If someone read the FAQs their questions may be more direct instead of "I want a scoot which one should I get?"

My 2cents worth anyway

1st Scooter Daelim S-Five
    Next Scooter ???
  • 10-16-2008 02:03 PM In reply to

• c.j.b
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-22-2008
    • Internet Cluebat LLC
    • Posts 102

RHINO62:
    Licensing requirement - state by state
    Insuring - state by state

Road law overview (where it differs from cars) for the States..

I might suggest an Australian Scooter Wiki, although those really need a dedicated community to maintain, and would probably thin out the activity with the forums here.

"I understand, any posts made to these forums, or any
    modifications, updates, changes, and/or amendments
    made to the forum itself, while made by myself, become
    the property of the forum owners. As such, all intellectual
    property rights associated with any of the above are
    transferred to the forum owners. "
  • 04-29-2009 06:37 PM In reply to

Good idea will save a lot of repeat reading

• 05-01-2009 03:45 PM In reply to

• Trima
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-25-2008
    • Southern Sydney
    • Posts 29

Excellent idea! I've found the search facility easy to use and it has saved me from asking questions which have previously been addressed.

In the FAQs, maybe also include accessory and riding gear reviews and links to sales/specials of same? Guess this is probably dealt with in "What to Buy? Where to Start" section Huh?

• 05-01-2009 03:53 PM In reply to

Also a section for my scooter wont start Question

• 05-01-2009 06:04 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Also a section for my scooter wont start Question

Oh yes I know it is important to help the newbies but some questions are so vague they are impossible to answer. And if you can answer will it mean anythng to them?

So something they can identify with should be in their face when they open the site.

Some threads become so long that the facts get lost in the comment and it becomes labourious scrolling through it all.

I can appreciate though it must be a big job to assemble all the pertinant facts in the right place.

Overall I reckon it is a great site and looking around will get you all sorts of usefull information. Smile If you spend the time.

Do more with less Cygnus125 then 250Virago
    Get outa town the wheels wont stop
    alias Hardly Viragoson
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au