Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

Long and Low

Last post 10-06-2008 12:24 PM by Scooter HQ. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2008 05:16 PM

• Zoomer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Adelaide
    • Posts 21

Long and Low

Just got my hands on the latest edition of Japanese Custom Scooter magazine yesterday and thought I would share with you guys the insane mods that seem to be hot right now in Japan - The long and low wheelbase customs.

M-Soul based in Kawasaki have a ridiculously low custom Forza Z (MF10) that is so low you would never be able to corner on it. I guess the air-pump shocks help with ground clearance... http://www.msoul.co.jp/product/634/msoul_select.html

See more crazy customs at these sites

http://www.shoprodeo.net/garally/custom/inedex.html  Check the pink Suzuki Skywave!

http://www.yokohamalining.co.jp/gallery/index.html

Zoomer

Modded Galaxy Blue Yamaha Majesty 250
  • 10-03-2008 05:58 PM In reply to

Re: Long and Low

that looks totally kick ***, but could it be ridden? it is really really really low

• 10-03-2008 06:08 PM In reply to

• waxhead
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • gold coast
    • Posts 882

thats awesome Imagine cruising on that
  • 10-03-2008 06:53 PM In reply to

• Zoomer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Adelaide
    • Posts 21

brahd79:

that looks totally kick ***, but could it be ridden? it is really really really low

The tech-spec on the site says it has air suspension (DC-AIR site here  press the red buttons to pump up and down the scooter image in the middle left) so I think you would have to pump it up to ride. Like the low-rider Impalas all the L.A. "gangstas" get around in. The scooter magazine I have has all these dudes cruising around only cms from the ground. Japanese roads are nice and smooth so you don't really have to worry too much about potholes etc...

• 10-03-2008 10:43 PM In reply to

Zoomer:
    site says it has air suspension

Yeah, but no matter how many of these scoots I see, I am still always amazed by their landing system. I suppose it negates the need to put a stand down. Great for fast getaways too...  

www.three-one.com/products/parts/dc-air/landing.html

I wonder how long it will be before Shibuya Sleds like this appear in Australia? Neko.

• 10-03-2008 11:55 PM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

They're fantastic scooters. I love that low sleek look. Maybe the suspension is like the old Renault(?) which used to pump up when you started the car.

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 10-04-2008 03:40 PM In reply to

• Zoomer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Adelaide
    • Posts 21

Kuroneko:

I wonder how long it will be before Shibuya Sleds like this appear in Australia? Neko.

I'm part of the way there - cut-down screen, chrome crank case, chrome forks, fenderless kit and stereo system.

Still waiting for my Wirus Win muffler and lowering kit ;-)

• 10-04-2008 06:27 PM In reply to

Zoomer:
    I'm part of the way there - cut-down screen, chrome crank case, chrome forks, fenderless kit and stereo system.

On a Zoomer? Rad. Where are the photographs? I'll see if I can drag out an old Zoomer set myself... Neko.

• 10-05-2008 12:40 AM In reply to

• Zoomer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Adelaide
    • Posts 21

Kuroneko:

On a Zoomer? Rad. Where are the photographs? I'll see if I can drag out an old Zoomer set myself... Neko.

Nope. On my Majesty. I will post photos once the customizing mission is complete ;-) Taking ages for all the stuff to arrive via sea mail...

Unfortunately, I had to ditch my Zoomer when I left Japan last year. Would've cost too much to bring it back and I need more than a 50cc on Aussie roads.

Can't see why Honda won't release the Zoomer over here. They would sell like hot cakes.

• 10-05-2008 08:23 AM In reply to

• waxhead
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • gold coast
    • Posts 882

i with they would bring in the honda solo

i want one of those

paint it army green and wear a old helmet and scarf

put a 140 engine in it

how awesome

• 10-05-2008 07:54 PM In reply to

Awesome indeed. They look pretty neato in modded in black too:

Honda Solo. 

Army green be cool idea though too, some suitable lettering, and you'd have great looking device. I've always wanted to the do the same with a Honda Joker. Something perhaps like these:

Army Scoot. 

Zoomer:
    Can't see why Honda won't release the Zoomer over here. They would sell like hot cakes.

Volume issues again I suppose. The PS250 might have a better chance of survival perhaps...  

• 10-06-2008 12:24 PM In reply to

Zoomer:

Shame you aren't up this way, we are really hanging out to do/help with one of these. Can't wait to see your picks, will it be the first one in OZ?

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au