Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 227 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2013 10:04 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" Monday 28/1/13 Scooter Run

There's a possibility of that low moving away from the coast by tomorrow. If it does I intend to do todays planned ride up to Umina tomorrow. Depending on whether its raining I intend to leave from the Pie in the Sky at 10.20am.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-27-2013 11:28 PM In reply to

petegailey:
    Depending on whether its raining

Mr Buckley is out and about....

Hey Pete, what was that Norton in a garage a few posts back?

Also can you talk to Allen about getting a test of the SRV850 & Sym 400 etc in the near future...?

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 01-28-2013 09:25 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

White Fang:

Just checked the radar! Oswald's tail has put a dampener on any riding today. Unbelievable!

White Fang:
    Hey Pete, what was that Norton in a garage a few posts back?
    Well spotted Ian. I went and visited a mate in Coffs and when I arrived his father in law who lives down stairs pops his head out and we start to chat about the Bonnie. He tells me he's got a bike too. The old man turns out to be a bit of a horder with a nest of vans, cars, including two Rolls Royces and the Norton sitting up on the bench. Said that he'd rebuilt the engine but it looked like it hadn't been on the road for years. Made some comment about not knowing if he wanted to sell it or be buryed with it.

White Fang:
    Also can you talk to Allen about getting a test of the SRV850 & Sym 400 etc in the near future...?
    It's in the pipeline Big Smile

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 01-28-2013 01:41 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

White Fang:

petegailey:
    Depending on whether its raining

Dont look at the BOM! Thats about the biggest low pressure cell Ive seen on Sydney Radar for some time. StormStormStormStormStormStorm

• 01-30-2013 02:48 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" Sunday 3rd Feb

Mo and I are having breakfast at Brooklyn with the Ulysses crowd around 9.30-11ish.

Come for brekkie or come for a ride with me after... whatever...

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 02-17-2013 10:57 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" Sunday 17 Feb

Solo run down from Toronto on Lake Macquarie where i had some family business this weekend. Pretty straight forward down thru Morriset, through to Wyee and on Hue Hue Rd to Wyong for petrol, then up the emerald green Yarramalong Valley again to Peats Ridge, coffee at road Warriors then home on the Old Rd. Wonderful sunny afternoon after a rainstorm in Toronto. Groovin on a Sunny Sunday afternoon.

• 02-18-2013 08:12 AM In reply to

Absolutely loving the panoramic shots, Pete. Thinking I might have to get myself one of those cameras.... hmmmm.... Huh?

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 02-18-2013 06:41 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

The rainstorm in Toronto , mate you should have seen the storm at Glousester yesterday bout 3pm , i have never ridden in anything like it ,thunder/lightning bolts ,lasted for about 30kms , we would have pulled over except there wasn't really anywhere to do so , but by the time we got to Karuah it was bright sunshine , gave us a chance to dry our gear on the grass before dark , now i know why they call it Bucketts Way lol , despite the rain though i would do it again any day ,only mishap of the journey was 52kms out of Armidale on a cattle grid in the road that was sticking up 2inches ,i hit it at 100kph but luckily no damage as did all the rest of our crew of 17 except for old mate Kimbo who's Goldwing & sidecar sustained a smashed sump with a huge oil loss & a big tow bill back home to Tamworth , i'll post some pics as soon as i can , we actually went from Nowra to Clarencetown on friday without riding a single highway although we crossed a few at times ,how cool was that hey ,managed the Wisemans Ferry ,Wollumbi /Broke track as well ,got to hand it to old mate Roy , he is like Ian ,a walking GPS except at 75yrs he does it all with good old maps & previous experience.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 02-18-2013 10:34 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

bradr:
    got to hand it to old mate Roy , he is like Ian ,a walking GPS except at 75yrs he does it all with good old maps & previous experience.
    Although we call Ian the GPS, he doesent use a GPS. I suspect he reads maps before going to sleep and they imprint into his brain during the night. I can get well north of Taree without the Hwy these days.

• 02-19-2013 12:43 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

I can believe that Pete , there are roads every which way up there , Waterfall way was great but i would love to do it again in the dry , so many small towns/villages all with their own little points of interest , the one & only downside of a large group ride however is not being able to stop as one feels led to & take pics of this/that & admire same & just chat with the locals etc , i guess thats why you take off alone on your treks , i've got this little list in my mind for a future trip alone along the same route to do as i please but i think i'll do the reverse route , its South west rocks that you go to isn't it ? , i remember passing the turnoff just outside Kempsey . Madam &I are planning to trailer the scooters to Cessnock at easter &leave the car at a friends house & discover the Hunter by Vespa , i've got a cousin who has an apple orchard just out of Singleton so we figure that will be good for one nights accomodation , might get a few route suggestions off you for the area , found out today that a mate of mine's sister owns the general store at Wollumbi so maybe she can weisel us into some accomodation in a B&B there or at the pub , it'll be interesting .

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 02-22-2013 08:00 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" Sunday 24 Feb

Mo wants to go play in the Southern Highlands. Anyone wanna come and join us?

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 02-23-2013 12:34 AM In reply to

would love to if I could get out of town Sad

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 02-23-2013 11:21 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Can Mo swim ? ,i would think maybe a tinny & an outboard might be the go this weekend Sad

Jax:

Mo wants to go play in the Southern Highlands. Anyone wanna come and join us?

• 02-24-2013 09:24 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

I see the SUN Lightning

• 02-24-2013 09:38 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Jax:

I see the SUN Lightning

Only a brief apperance i reckon , Mac Pass & Jamberoo Mntn Rd both shut , down to 1 lane southbound at Bombo ,Cambewarra Mntn was a deathtrap when i was up their in the truck late last night , did the big storm/ cyclone thing not hit Sydney ?

Page 227 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au