Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 02-08-2017 05:55 PM by pyrah. 4841 replies.
Page 241 of 323 (4842 items) « First ... < Previous 239 240 241 242 243 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2013 06:16 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" SATURDAY MAY 4

404phil:
    May the 4th be with you

Hahahaha luv it

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-03-2013 07:07 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,087

Eccles:

+1

Me too..Stick out tongue

Jolly Good Eccles! May the 4th be with us! (nice one Phil) 8.30am too early? We can pick up any other starters at the BP, Epping Rd Lane Cove for a Saturday romp up the Old Rd, for morning Tea at Jerry's Kitchen at Kulnura then along the Great North Rd to the turnoff at Murrays Run Rd then back along Barralong Valley, over the ridge to Yarramalong Valley etc etc. Aint the force sweet!

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-03-2013 08:29 PM In reply to

The boss says 09:00 at BP.....?

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 05-03-2013 11:28 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,087

09:00 it is

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 05-04-2013 08:15 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-04-2013 03:55 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,087

Well we went forth and did it. Eccles, Ian, Jen and I, met up at Lanecove, for a good fast run up the Old Rd, dodging the push bikes, for breakfast at Jerrys Kitchen at Kulnura, and another 30 or so k's on the Great North Rd until we got to Murrays Run Rd 15ks this side of Wolombi. Of course Murrays Run Rd was gravel, with bits of bitumen then back to gravel. The last stretch up the ridge was good bitumen but up the top back to dirt. It was a big difference dealing with the corrugations on the Vespa but I took it slowly and survived without anything falling off. Then it was down the ridge as the road descended through the forest to the Yarramalong Valley and eventually back onto the bitumen. At Yarramalong we headed back up Bumble Hill Rd thru Central Mangrove and back onto the Old Rd home via Road Warriors. about 250ks all up. Saturday riding is different than Sunday in as much as there are fewer bikes out but there are more cars and big gaggles of push bike riders. It was interesting to put that extra loop on the road I found last weekend but it wasn't usefull as a regular route due to the long stretches of dirt that we had to negotiate. Thanks guys for indulging me, it was a nice way to spend a Saturday.

• 05-04-2013 05:46 PM In reply to

• vesparare
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2013
    • aberdeenshire, nort-east scotland
    • Posts 11

i feel left out [:'(] ,,, however we've the 'highland scoot'  today ova here in scotland... all vespa's around country get together till monday. little music 'ska',, food,, bikes... woman!! great to see other's loving two wheels of any sort around world Big Smile 

• 05-04-2013 08:04 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,087

vesparare:

i feel left out [:'(] ,,, however we've the 'highland scoot'  today ova here in scotland... all vespa's around country get together till monday. little music 'ska',, food,, bikes... woman!! great to see other's loving two wheels of any sort around world Big Smile 

Gee I'd like to see some pics of that!

• 05-05-2013 03:48 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" Apple Festival

Very cool steam engines and cars

Pie eating competition

Bush band

haven't seen one of these in ages

Apple turnover and cider - YUM!!

• 05-05-2013 11:16 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,087

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" Apple Festival

Jax:

haven't seen one of these in ages

A Lagerphone! looks like all was apples.

• 05-05-2013 11:55 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,087

Re: Sydney, We Ride "Coz We Can" Scooters on the Dirt

Just a few quick observations re the scooters on the dirt from Saturdays ride. I decided to try the Vespa on our romp thru the valleys mainly to check if the latest tweaks had got it back to speed in relationship with Ians Burger 400. On the bitumen it was reasonably competitive as long as I could keep the revs up. The larger rear wheel means that I have to keep it rolled on to keep top speed up the hills, roll off and its definately harder to get back up there again. On the dirt however the small wheels meant that the GTS was compromised, mainly on the corrugations and wash aways across the road where the front shock would bottom out. This meant that I had to take it pretty slowly. I was leading for some of the ride and when I let the others pass they lost me as I couldnt keep up. There was a huge difference between the Vespa and the big wheels on the Bonnie over these sort of roads as would be expected.

Ians Burgman seemed to handle the going well. He has done mods to the front suspension and he got way ahead. He did however mention that he thought that the dust had clogged the air filter a bit and that it wasn't running as well afterwards but I suppose he might comment upon this himself.

As far as I could tell Eccles's BMWC650GT ate the conditions up and didn't seem compromised at all. He also shot off and was up front with the Burger. The more I ride beside this maxi the more impressed I get. It is certainly an excellent touring machine and I'd love to have a crack at the C600Sport.

Jen was on the Mana. Jen doesn't like dirt roads much and so she was riding pretty cautiously and wasn't that far infront of the Vespa. As soon as she hit the tarmac however she was away.

The four machines copped a fair amount of dust and got pretty dirty from the off road adventure. Ive yet to check the Vespa's air filter but the air intake is poorly situated for dusty roads. I really don't think the Vespa is well designed for gravel and although it got through undamaged I would be reluctant to explore much more off road with it.

• 05-06-2013 07:08 AM In reply to

• vesparare
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2013
    • Posts 11

i reckon thats when the older vespa models come into play... px, sprint and even modded up special 100's love to get dirty 

• 05-06-2013 07:16 AM In reply to

• vesparare
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2013
    • Posts 11

i'll defo upload pics for you all when i get the chance...it was fantastic

• 05-06-2013 09:34 AM In reply to

petegailey:
    He did however mention that he thought that the dust had clogged the air filter a bit and that it wasn't running as well afterwards but I suppose he might comment upon this himself.

Yes my hunch was correct - got home lifted the seat and engine cover and noticed the whole engine bay well dusted (was pristine). Anyway the air filter pulls air from about the centre of the scoot and facing the road... The air filter was pretty full of dust but importantly the air box was absolutely clean. May need to look at some sort of snorkel to the air cleaner so air is pulled from high up on the front....

After washing the air filter element the scoots performance was restored on yesterdays run with GRO.

Pete I highly recommend you service your air filter ASAP...

As far as off-roading the Burger - as usual the 400 just gets about the business at hand and takes it in its stride. I do however stand up on the floor-boards over the worst washouts and bumps which lowers & centralises my mass but amazingly the suspension handled the roads without fuss.

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 05-06-2013 08:01 PM In reply to

Anyone fancy checking out Throttle Roll next Saturday 11th May at the Vic Enmore.

http://www.throttleroll.com

Throttle Roll is a classic and custom motorcycle show that showcases the culture that surrouns the machine. A culture that started in England in the 1950's and is still growing today. It's about riding, building, customising, music, art open road and celebrating them as one. There is also a ride from Harry's Pies Tempe through nasho ending back at the Vic Enmore.

GTV 300
    Kawasaki W800
Page 241 of 323 (4842 items) « First ... < Previous 239 240 241 242 243 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au