Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 282 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 280 281 282 283 284 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-17-2014 12:48 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" wet Sunday morning ride

LOL That C600 will go anywhere.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 08-17-2014 08:45 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" wet Sunday morning ride

At about midday I finally got out of bed. The rain had stopped and the BOM radar looked positive so Elliot and I set off on our scooters to Road Warriors for lunch. By the time we got to Berowra the road was mostly dry and empty of Sunday riders so we had the Old Rd to ourselves. Had coffee and burgers at Warriors and were just about to head off when James arrived on his RZ so we sat back down again to talk 2 strokes.

After an impromptu fashion show of our latest winter riding gear Eccles sporting his Aldi Merino top, $50, and new score, a Gore tex liner from Mountain Designs $180ish all under his BMW riding coat, dont know the price, I was wearing the Aldi Merino, a Lowes quilted flannel shirt about $20, my Corazzo vest and my favourite Burke n Wills Oil Skin jacket, under $300, all of which I throughly recommend. Eccles liked the Marino and the new Gore Tex inner.

After all that the 3 of us headed up to Somersby and back. Got into the Pie for last coffees and as dusk decended rode back into town. Im really glad we made the decision to ride as the afternoon was sunny, dry and deserted.  Why? Coz we Can!

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 08-18-2014 09:56 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" wet weekend

I was really looking forward to one last ride on Mrs Mac before buggering off to Perth to be reunited with Mo.

It rained and it rained and it rained.... all weekend. All the way to Wollongong, without easing up even a little bit. The roads were slippery and the idiots were out in full force.

It didn't stop raining on Sunday. Mac Pass was totally fogged in and you couldn't see more than a few metres ahead.

And then just as I was heading back into Sydney on the freeway, it decided to REALLY rain! That horizontal bucketing rain that drowns everything on the road and creates rivers across the bitumen.

Just as well I was in the Suzuki.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-19-2014 12:06 AM In reply to

Big Smile atleast your able to ride again. That's. the main thing 

• 08-22-2014 08:47 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Mavis the Beverly needs a good ride on Sunday. I have a dinner party on sat night, so a 10 or 1030 start would be good. There's supposed to be coastal showers, so do we head inland?

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 08-23-2014 01:33 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

So long as it's not continuously like this, there are so far 3 other takers for a run. We'd like to get away from the BP cnr Epping Rd and Centennial Ave (with it's new lights camera) no later than 10:00am. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 08-24-2014 09:24 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Eccles:

Or the Delights of riding Saturdays.

Had to drop phatVespa down at Brookvale to Spencers for some cosmetic surgery, and Elliot bless his heart came with me to dink me home. btw Spencer's selling his Gilera Runner FXR180 2 stroke if anyone's interested.

Got the RZ out of the shed and Elliot and I headed north toward grey skys. As soon as we got to the freeway it started to bucket down, as soon as we got to Berowra  the Old Rd was dry. Had a good run to Mt White where we had lunch at Road Warriors. Very little traffic and only a handful of riders. Then the skys opened up again so we sat around and looked at rain drops.

When the rain eased off we checked the radar then scuttled back to town. I went up to Northshore Motorycles and bumped into James who has the blue RZ

Sat and chatted about 2 strokes for another hour before heading home.

Saturday is a good day for a ride Coz the roads are less travelled.

• 08-24-2014 11:54 AM In reply to

Nothing looks more fortorn than a scooter /bike sitting out in the rain

riding for fun
  • 08-24-2014 10:47 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" Sunday Aug 24 2014

4 Boyz 2 Bikes 2 Scooters. Met up with Eccles, Fluffy, & Tony P, had a lateish depart and headed for the Old Rd. Dodging cops and Paparazzi we beetled through to Road Warriors on a mostly dry track. There were the normal Sunday riders. Had coffee and a chat before taking the old Gosford Rd thru to Somersby and on to Central Mangrove. Then it was down the mountain to Spencer for lunch. It was beautiful riding the goat track along beside the Hawkesbury to Wisemans Ferry then some fuel for Mavis and back up the ridge thru Maroota Glenorie, and over the Berowra Waters Ferry and back where we started. There was still an hour of light left so we hit the sweet corners of the Old Rd for a last fast lap down to Brooklyn Bridge and back. One more cup of coffee for the road at the Pie before heading into town at dusk. Nearly 300ks. It was great having Fluffy and Mavis his 350 Beverly along. Fluffy knows his scooters and he gives the Beverly big wraps. with her big wheels and powerful engine he reckons its the ideal commuter as well as being match fit for touring duties like today. Could quite possibility be the the best size for a twist and go. btw Tony really loves his Burger 400  that he got from Ian, with all her storage .Eccles defininatly loves his Beema and Im fast falling for the pucky little 250 2 smoker. It just handles the twisties so well. Why? Coz We Can!

(he's going a lot faster than it looks)

• 08-26-2014 10:08 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" Saturday Ride Aug30 Windsor and beyond

Planning a Saturday Run starting at McGraths Hill maccas, either west over the mountains or the 5 ferrys. Leaving the BP at Lanecove at 9am.

• 08-29-2014 07:30 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "We Ride COZ We Can" Saturday Ride Aug30 Jenolan Caves

Pull out the thermals. Latest destination for tomorrows ride is Jenolan Caves. Leaving the BP on Epping Rd Lane Cove at 9am, rendezvous at McGraths Hill Maccas departing 10am up Bells Line of Road to Mt Vic then Jenolan caves.

• 08-29-2014 08:06 PM In reply to

StormStorm

hi all↲   are you going through richmond ?  

I Hope its not going to rain it sounds like a really nice ride.

• 08-29-2014 09:36 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Yes, will head out Bells Line of Road through Richmond. The 10:00am depart is not far from there at the Maccas Cnr Groves Ave & Windsor Rd.

So far weather outlook is good especially to the west.

Sydney area

Cloudy. The chance of showers in the east, more likely along the coastal fringe. Winds south to southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h.

Central Tablelands

Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the north early in the morning. Winds south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the middle of the day. Overnight temperatures falling to between zero and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 19.

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 08-30-2014 12:50 PM In reply to

[:'(]Hi all

Well just got home little while ago tried to go for a ride with the cwc crew but I was late and b4 pyrah says it Yes, I got lost.

AAnyway I still wasn't that late so I thought il catch up about 3 or so miles I decided the Sachs is not a catch up machine so home we went so unhappy I didn't get to ride with the cwc guys and gals but still happy I made it out and rode and that's cos I can. Hope you guy's have a safe and fun ride.

• 08-30-2014 05:04 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

[:'(]Hi all

Well just got home little while ago tried to go for a ride with the cwc crew but I was late and b4 pyrah says it Yes, I got lost.

AAnyway I still wasn't that late so I thought il catch up about 3 or so miles I decided the Sachs is not a catch up machine so home we went so unhappy I didn't get to ride with the cwc guys and gals but still happy I made it out and rode and that's cos I can. Hope you guy's have a safe and fun ride.

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 282 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 280 281 282 283 284 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au