Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 294 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 292 293 294 295 296 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2014 10:19 PM In reply to

Re: Coz We Can: in South Australia

LOL was the first motel i ever stopped at in Adelaide

• 11-28-2014 08:26 AM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

pyrah:

LOL was the first motel i ever stopped at in Adelaide

OK, I give up.   What brought that on?

Actually, it's the only motel in Adelaide I've stayed at.

regards,CrazyCam

Warning: Posting may contain traces of sarcasm and/or nuts.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 11-28-2014 10:12 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

CrazyCam:
    OK, I give up.   What brought that on?

Click here http://www.postienotes.com.au/2014/11/holly-go-lightly.html

and all will be revealed.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 11-28-2014 04:50 PM In reply to

Re: Coz We Can: BIG Saturday ride Nov 22: Raising the Flag

Eccles:

so Jenshore when do we get to play dueling GT's. Wink

Just want to make sure I don't turn up to a knife fight with an RT Stick out tongue

I would love to play Eccles, it's a bad time of year for me, but I will try to come with you in the next couple of weeks...

I will let you know......

2015 BMW C650 GT Special Edition
    2012 BMW C650 GT, gone
    MaxSYM 400i.. gone
    Sym Firenze 300i... gone
    Royal Enfield C5... gone

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of the window
  • 11-30-2014 11:55 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Coz We Can:Sunday 30 Nov: Old Rd Photographers

Eccles and I got up early and went out to the Old Rd to see if we could get our pics taken by the photographers who sit on the side of the road capturing the bikes that fly past. I needed a pic of the Gilera and Eccles wanted one of his new C650GT. Caught up with Eddie and his mate who publish their pics and sell hi res copies on line. It was a warm day and we came home early. Went and picked up Jax's scooter and dropped it off at Ians for some TLC, then went home and had a sleep on the couch.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 12-01-2014 09:26 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Coz We Can:Sunday 30 Nov: Old Rd Photographers

petegailey:
    Went and picked up Jax's scooter and dropped it off at Ians for some TLC,

Thanks mate. I hope Mrs Mac was on her best behaviour.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 12-02-2014 11:07 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Coz We Can: A Christmas Tale

Jax:
    I hope Mrs Mac was on her best behaviour.
    She was Jax.

On Sunday, in true CWC spirit, Elliot and I picked up Jax's Aprilia Sportscity 250, Mrs Mac. She was looking decidedly neglected after spending her life on the streets of Waterloo  She'd recently been knocked off her stand, spent a few days on her side in the gutter and had suffered some cosmetic damage, broken screen, lost a bar end, flat tyre, had lost some oil and was covered in cobwebs and dirt and grime....so while Jax is in Adelaide riding her other motorcycle around Australia, we took Mrs Mac across to Ians for a well earned service and some TLC. While Mrs Mac looked like a total basket case she started first go. I was surprised how well this neglected 250 with 78,000ks on her dial went on the trip over. Talk about resilience. The engine felt good, she still beat the cars off the lights, she tracked and cornered straight, even without any bar weights. And I had been ready to drop a match onto her. 

I popped around this afternoon to see how work was going. Mrs Mac was stripped down, all her bodily fluids had been replenished, and she had a glow that I hadn't seen in years. She was nice and clean, Ian had used a varnish additive on the grey faded plastic and in some parts she actually shined. and she was just purring when he started it up, and in one of the few times in her life, she's sleeping indoors with a roof over her head. Jax and the Boss wont recognise her. Sure its basic mechanics but Ian is meticulous in the way he works, and its all done perfectly.

To me this Christmas story defines what CWC is really about, its an appreciation for the resilience of Quasar scooters, its about a friendship with a group of people I wouldn't normally meet, all brought together by a love of riding the open road with the wind in our face, its about riding all day in excellent company, and if it ever came unstuck what a good group to be around you. Whether its on a BMW or a Postie, its about waiting for all the group to catch up, its about working together to rescue a wounded scooter, its about sharing our skills generously, its about looking at the similarities not the differences, and its about living the obsession splendid. Why? Coz We Can. Merry Christmas Mrs Mac!

News from Mrs Mac

Findings in no particular order –

·         Brakes 1 – brake fluid – flushed brake fluid front & rear. Cleaned master cylinder covers of corrosion. Suspect fluid have never been changed – should be done every 2 years.
    ·         Brakes 2 – discs and pads – Front discs and pads in good order. Rear pads are OK but rear disc is worn – suggest replacement next service or when pads are worn out.
    ·         Tyres – Front is 2010 vintage and worn with cupping and starting to crack – is OK to use but needs replacing soon…Rear is newish but has rubber repair plug. Again OK but would watch on a long trip… Michelin have your sizes see -http://motorcycle.michelin.com.au/tyres/michelin-power-pure-sc#dim
    ·         Engine Oil – noticed the oil low (just below the minimium mark) – 3 theories – some leaked out when it was pushed over, burning or wasn’t correct at last service…? Anyway replaced oil. Will need to keep an eye on the level – maybe engine is worn and starting to burn oil…
    ·         Spark plug – checked looks good, life unknown, suggest replacement next service.
    ·         CVT transmission – removed CVT cover to assess condition. The belt is OK measures 20.6mm (replace at 19.5mm). Checked and cleaned variator – rollers very good. Clutch good condition with lots of shoe material left. However the clutch drum or bell has some scoring, suggests the clutch assy has been replaced but not the drum - should be replaced as a set.  The shoes were glazed with dust, cleaned with sandpaper. Cleaned cover and bell of dust and muck. Also noticed 2 bearings are nearing end of life – Pete knows this issue – one bearing in the CVT cover and another inside the clutch assy – OK for now but recommend replacement say at next service.
    ·         Final drive gearbox – this is strange – if the rear wheel is spun the gearbox makes plenty of noise – worn bearings I suspect. Also noticed the gear oil is incorrect and over-filled. The oil is red in colour and feels and smells sweet like ATF (automatic trans fluid) should be 75W-90 gear oil which is straw (yellow) in colour and smells of sulphur. The oil level should be about 10mm up the dipstick but here is more like 30mm up. The level probably doesn’t matter too much just carelessness. Do you know anything about this and the excessive noise?  May get Pete to drop around with FatVespa to compare.
    ·         Noticed the engine coolant is a mucky brown and not a bright green. Will change the coolant out. Looks like it has never been changed – every 3 years please.
    ·         Fixed the front end grill assy and screw to air outlet.
    ·         Screen – GPS has a replacement for $83 plus delivery – OK to order?
    ·         Handlebar – barends – the screws supplied with the barends are too short – will need to order these - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SOCKET-HEAD-CAP-M6-6mm-X-100mm-ZINC-PLATED-SCREW-12-9-ZP-BOLT-ALLEN-2pc-/171316465704?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item27e341d028 OK to order?

Hope you are well and Mo is too…
    Ian

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 12-03-2014 10:54 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

petegailey:
    And I had been ready to drop a match onto her. 

She's just like me.... a bit worn on the outside but there's life in the old bird yet!

• 12-03-2014 11:43 AM In reply to

It looks a lot like my scooter, a lot of the parts are also the same.

I found the workshop manual indispensable, I recommend looking at how to take panels and things off.

Aprilia Sportcity 2006,
    recently crashed badly, might replace or buy a car!
  • 12-06-2014 01:36 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Coz We Can: GRO Patonga Sun Dec 7

Meeting BP Epping Rd Lanecove for an 8.20am depart to ambush the Girls Ride Out Xmas ride to Patonga. They are meeting at Berowra 9.30am. This has been a great ride over the past few years.

• 12-06-2014 06:05 PM In reply to

Coz We Can: New Arrival

Please welcome the latest arrival to Coz We Can...

Overnight Mrs Mac produced a lovely daughter, amazing what some TLC can do...

Anyway mum and bub both doing well.

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 12-06-2014 07:29 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Coz We Can: New Arrival

Ha ha... That was quick! What goes on in that workshop Santa? Brilliant!

• 12-06-2014 10:36 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Coz We Can: Mucking about on Bikes n Scoots

Elliot and I took a trip to Procycles where they had the new KTM 390RC. This is a lightweight single cylinder sportsbike that we have been following in the press of late. Then headed up to Road Warriors for breakfast then back to Berowra to see how James was going with fixing Tamzin's speedo. There were black clouds to the south so did another run to Brooklyn before heading back into town catching the storm from the end of the Freeway.

Getting a much better feel for the Nexus today and was able to scrape the stand on a couple of corners up the hill. This Maxi is the cross between a tractor and a rapier, its quite heavy (216kg wet) but that also gives it excellent stability if you can get the line right and are able to throttle on through the corners. Because of the linked brakes it really sits up if you brake in the corners, and the line is lost. When I ride it agressively it behaves nicely but its a bit of an ongoing learning curve at this stage. Needless the chicken strips are disappearing and Im slowly getting the hang of this new beastie.

• 12-07-2014 12:01 AM In reply to

Hi All,

Pete, about the Penetrol Ian used on Mrs Mac's plastic, did he add it to the varnish, then paint that on? If so, what typre of varnish? Sounds like he just used the Penetrol? My husband's Sportcity needs something nice done to it's plastic, and this sounds just the trick. 

Thanks very much.

Lizzie

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 12-07-2014 05:55 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Hi Lizzie,

I am of the understanding that he used the Penetrol neat, straight out of the tin. There were two different plastics on the bike which responded differently to the oil , eg the glove box came up like new on the first coat, I think he gave other areas more coats.

Page 294 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 292 293 294 295 296 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au