Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 309 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 307 308 309 310 311 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2015 05:15 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Re: Perfect day for a ride - Where to?

The next GRO ride will be 7th June to Shellharbour, so a bit of a wait unfortunately.

I'm away, so no rides for me Huh? , and the BOM looked great today too..

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 05-16-2015 06:39 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: Scooter run Sunday May 17

It's the 3rd Sunday of the month again and that means joining up with the Norvin Bitches for our monthly scooter run. Meet at the Inch Cafe in Mona Vale about 9am. The ride generally gets going about 9.30 after coffee and scooter chat. This ride is suitable for all riders and machines.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-17-2015 08:38 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: Scooter run Sunday May 17

Went to the Inch Cafe today, met up with Tony on his new burger, Pete and his new gal Lucy, the other Pete, that makes 3, and Ell. Pete and Lucy had other duties so we ended up 4 scooters out across Berowra ferry to the Stone House at Maroota. After brunch we headed down to Lower Portland with the view to ride along the Upper Hawkesbury to Wisemans ferry.... well we rode around the road closed sign...... should be able to slip a scooter through......... until ...........

Retraced our steps back past the Stone House where Tony headed back while Pete, Elle and I headed across the ferry and through to Spencer, Mangrove Mountain and onto Peats Ridge and the Corrugated Cafe for chips and coffee. It was getting cold as the sun decended as we headed back home along the Old Road. Got in with 300ks on the clock, great winter ride. Why? Coz We Can.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 05-17-2015 10:10 PM In reply to

• 404phil
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-29-2008
    • Balwyn Melbourne Victoria
    • Posts 163

Wish I was in Sydney. You all have such wonderful rides. Thanks for the posts and pictures. Love all of them - PHIL

Aprila cube is fine for me presently.
  • 05-21-2015 09:35 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

One thing I forgot to mention was how well Ell's little black LX150 Vespa went in the company of the maxis, Elle is an ex skier and as she said, "As soon as I figured out that cornering was just like the salom..." ....Now its impossible to get that little black vespa out of your rear view mirrors. She's a sporty rider who easily keeps up with the pack.

• 05-23-2015 06:47 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: Southern route Sunday May 24

its about time for a ride south me thinks. Nasho, Bald Hill, Mac Pass, Southern Highlands etc. Meeting at the cafe at Redfern Oval at 9am for a 9.20 depart. It'll be bikes and maxis most likely, but anyone who can do highway speeds should be ok.

• 05-24-2015 11:01 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney We Ride Coz We Can: Southern Romp Sunday May 24

It was perfect weather for it, Bright winters sun, the air cool and fresh, met up with Pete and Tony at Redfern, With two Maxis and a Monster we headed through Sydney's southern burbs and a good run through Nasho to Bald Hill. Nasho was pristine and cool, Bald Hill was going off with a perfect up draft off the sea. Geeze that paragliding lark looks as fun as riding a scoot. Even saw a Harley run over by a 4WD.

Rode down to Albion Park and then had a nearly clean run up Macquarie Pass. Half way up I got a wave from a BMW C650 going down the mountain which turned out to be Jenshore. He turned around and ambushed us at Robertson Pie Shop and joined us for a run down jambaroo mountain. At the bottom Henk headed back to the Shire and we turned off to saddleback Mountain and through to the coast at beautiful Kiama. The afternoon was getting on so we turned for home and got seperated. Got in just after dark 350ks about.

Geeze we rode through some pretty country. Why? Coz We Can.

• 06-06-2015 05:55 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" - June GRO Ride - Sunday 7th (note: early start for us)

It's here and the weather looks to be fine this time....

We'll meet at 7:45 for 8:00 am depart from BP Lane Cove on Epping Rd and head to the meet at Narellan.

Our next monthly ride is to Shellharbour – 7 June 2015

We have a new start point for this ride and that means the chance to explore some new roads! Come along and join us for a ride that takes us through Southern Highlands villages, down Jamberoo Mountain Road, and on to a seaside lunch at Shellharbour. 

Date: Sunday 7th June, 2015

Meet: McDonalds, Camden Valley Way (enter from George Hunter Drive), NARELLAN
    Destination: Ocean Beach Hotel, Addison Street, SHELLHARBOUR
    Time: 9.00am for a 9.30am departure

Route map: GRO_Shellharbour_ride

Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 06-09-2015 12:01 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" - June GRO Ride - Sunday 7th (note: early start for us)

Eccles, Pete an myself rode out early to get to a very fresh Camden before 9.30, didnt want to pay tolls so we took the Hume thru SW Sydney, little traffic but traffic lights, double demerits and cops popping up everywhere.  I was the third in the group and the number of times Id got seperated by a red light, a breathalizer,  a cop with radar gun in one hand wagging his finger at my 1 point, meant it was tedious, but bless the boys they waited up for me every time I got caught up.

Finally got to Camden, met up with the gals, Gabe was there too, took ages to get coffee, then the group saddles up, I dumped my coffee and took off to catch the ride, the boys decided to have their breakfast and catch up. Had a good run out to Mittagong then Robertson via Bowral. where Eccles and Pete caught up. Then it was back to the coast via Jambaroo Mountain and up over Saddleback to Kiama, and on to a huge lunch at Shell Harbour.

After stuffing outselves silly we headed back along the coast through Wollongong and the sea bridge up to Stanwell Tops where we had to stop, but it was just a fart, then back thru Nasho and home at dusk. Perfect weather, great company, great ride.  oh, and a couple of scooters too.

• 06-18-2015 05:19 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" - Sunday 21 Scooter Run

3rd Sunday of the month means a  Scooter run with the Northern Beaches Scooter Crew, meet at the Inch Cafe, Pittwater Rd Mona Vale 9am weather permitting, a good run if you want to try a user friendly scooter group ride.

• 06-28-2015 07:21 AM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" - Sunday 28 winter Run

It's a bright, clear and fresh day. Pete and I are keen on a bigger run today.

For those with toasty gear at hand, will meet at Mobile Epping Rd Lane Cove (opposite Sydney city Motorcycles) 9:00am to discuss location for lunch. 

Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 06-28-2015 08:37 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

That'll be the BP eccles 

• 06-28-2015 11:51 AM In reply to

Hi GUYS 

Well I've been to Richmond I'm now at Winsor about where I think you would have to pass to do the loop and no luck spotting the big BMW or the Red stiletto

Owell it's a great day and solo isn't all bad ride Safe everyone

• 06-28-2015 01:05 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Lol, we're now at Broke heading south for lunch at Grey Gums. Came via old road and Wollombi. What a stunning day!!

Be on the lookout for a black Bonnie, red GS 700 and grey scooter.

Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 06-28-2015 08:01 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Well Eccles, and I met up with Gabe at the BP, had brunch at Road Warriors then headed North and did the Putty run, and it was truely a brilliant day for it, cool, fresh, sunny with lots of riders out and about. Two Bikes (My Bonnie and Gabes BMW f800 GS) and Eccles on this BMW maxi C650GT. I have to say that the C650GT is totally competitive against the mid ranged bikes and lead most of the ride, and the amount of stuff Eccles was carrying. We reckon you can pick up a good 2nd hand one for under $10 grand. After riding alongside Eccles for the last couple of years Im changing my negative feelings towards this seriously solid maxi. Its fast, as fast as many sports bikes, totally solid in the corners, great suspension, ultra reliable, with brilliant fuel economy and litres of space under the seat, its definately not a barge with a Kymco engine.

Stopped at Broke, Grey Gums, where we watched an emergency evac of a girl who had come unstuck from a trail bike up up in the bush, then home via Sackville, getting in after dark, 370ks,bloody brilliant, sorry we missed you Jp.

and a few pics from roadside photographer Random Images75

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Random-Images76/336975863139947

Page 309 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 307 308 309 310 311 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au