Scooter
Community

Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride

Last post 07-24-2017 06:10 PM by gaz. 4846 replies.
Page 12 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2009 09:05 AM In reply to

• veggie
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Northern Beaches, Sydney
    • Posts 457

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride: GIRLS RIDE OUT Kangaroo Valley.

Hi Haylz,

I'm like you, i want to get out and do longer bigger rides, but there really is no point in us on 100's and 125's going along on rides that are 500k's in distance with the majority of the riders being on motorbikes of some description with some scoots (with bigger engines) in amongst them and the general course being 100 / 110 k/hr roads. It’s just pure fact that our bikes couldn’t keep up and when your tagging along on another ride (GRO ride) the last thing you want to do is hold things up!!

So.... I know that you turned up to the last Northern Beaches Ride but it was p*issing down with torrential rain and so no-one was there, but as Pete has said these rides are best suited to the smaller cc bikes as the roads traveled are usually 80 speed max. So don’t let the rain an the fact that no-one was there to greet you put you off coming again.

Or again as Pete has said, if your up for a ride anytime PM me your mobile number and I’ll write back, you’ll have my number and get in touch, we can go riding!

The other alternative is when Pete and Jax and Co do another “Coz we Can Ride” that heads north to Pie in the Sky, etc etc, that isn’t 10 hours in length and doesn’t involve roads of 100 – 110 km/h well that would be a good one to go along to! They usually post here what they have planned so keep your eyes out!

In the meantime, happy scootin and see ya on the road!!

I think the Wednesday eats is at Mosman this week and I believe your in Neutral Bay....are you going???

THE DREAM IS ALIVE!!! IT'S A VESPA AND IT'S ALL MINE!!!!
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's name is WOW
  • 05-04-2009 09:29 AM In reply to

• haylz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-23-2009
    • Perth
    • Posts 278

Totally understandable. Still, makes me want to upgrade and Ive only had my scoot since Feb.

Im very interested in doing a run along the Old Pacific Hwy to Pie in the Sky - or similar. Have been trying to convince the husband but he's not as keen a rider as I am.

Wish I could come this Wednesday but my Portuguese classes start back this week and is every Wednesday till the end of June Sad

This Sunday I'll be doing the Mothers Day Classic for the National **** Cancer Foundation (you can sponsor me here https://mothersdayclassic.trickytix.com.au/sponsor/view/5658/hayley-azevedo Wink ) But the following weekend I'm free.

Scooter Señora

Totally addicted to to my Vespa
  • 05-04-2009 01:28 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Yesterday was one of those truly magic times when everything just falls nicely in place...  the roads were great, the weather was stunning, the company was wonderful, every twistie was just that little bit better than the last Cool

Just how many twisties can you jam into one day... Nasho, Seacliff Bridge, Mac Pass, Kangaroo Valley Pass, Berry Pass, Jamberoo Pass, Mt Keira... I stayed over in the Gong and came back via Nasho this morning WOW !!!!

It is SO GOOD TO BE BACK !!!

The next planned CwC ride is 17th up to Gosford for the Horny Day... even if you are not getting your horn done, you can still come for the ride. And that's not to say that there won't be some impromptu rides in between Wink

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-07-2009 02:55 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: Sydney "Coz We Can" Ride: 9 May

This Saturday - if the weather is fine - how bout we repeat the Bells Line Crazy Tower ride... 

who's in??

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-07-2009 03:15 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Yes.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-08-2009 12:15 AM In reply to

• Man218
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2008
    • Liverpool, NSW
    • Posts 131

BUMP! I have to drive to Melb Sad

Life is even better with Silverwing 07
  • 05-08-2009 05:15 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

9.30am  Shell Epping Rd Lane Cove

• 05-08-2009 06:05 PM In reply to

• haylz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-23-2009
    • Perth
    • Posts 278

What is this ride like? How far is it there and back again?

Scooter Señora

• 05-08-2009 06:15 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Probably about 200ks return, pretty easy. Come along

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 05-08-2009 06:45 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Haylz - it'd be the perfect ride for you to cut your teeth on.... the distance is no big deal as we'll be taking lots of breaks.

• 05-08-2009 07:03 PM In reply to

• haylz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-23-2009
    • Perth
    • Posts 278

Count me in

Now I need to figure out how to get to Lane Cove from Neutral Bay Stick out tongue

Scooter Señora

• 05-08-2009 10:53 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

N Bay to Gore Hill Expressway, take  Lanecove turn off to Epping Rd, (not tunnel) ride along Epping Rd til you see Big Shell Service station off to  your left.

• 05-09-2009 06:15 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

We rode Saturday "Coz we Could" instead of our normal Sunday "Coz we Couldn't" Anyway it was a beautiful day for a ride, just Jax, Haylz and Me. Went up the mountain to Bilpin where autumn had fallen and the leaves were as golden as the light.

• 05-09-2009 06:17 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

We visited Jax's Ulyssian Mate who has built the tower on his magnificant 25 acre property.

• 05-09-2009 06:18 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Haylz's scoot was going a bit slow and we couldnt work out why but it seemed silly to go further so we stopped and had a fantastic lunchback at Bilpin then headed down the mountain and back to town. It was a pity for Haylz. Its hard when your scooter isnt running as it should. Despite this she rode well and I hope she'll get the bug for touring. Got home safe and sound, about 170ks all up. Perfect weather. Fantastic ride 

Page 12 of 324 (4847 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au