Scooter
Community

I've yet to receive a nod!! :(

Last post 01-10-2009 04:47 PM by Scooternut. 94 replies.
Page 7 of 7 (95 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2008 06:04 PM In reply to

• Dazzer
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-20-2008
    • Sandgate,north brizzy
    • Posts 125

Re: I've yet to receive a nod!! :(

Got a real fonzy nod yesterday coming home in another bloody storm.

A grizzly old harley biker coming the other way , traffic stopped and we were across from each other, I looked over at him with a grin in the poring rain and lighting gave the nod and got a grin, nod and a thum up ! ended up yelling comments about the cagers back and forth across the traffic untill it started to move again .

Now must say it turned a bad day good Wink

Riding a Zip50 and a 250 virago
  • 01-10-2009 12:07 AM In reply to

I was totally impressed this morning when a cager at a dubious intersection did the following - saw me coming, stopped as he was supposed to & waited til I drove past! In appreciation I nodded to him and well, what do you know, he nodded in return. Glad to see we can play nicely with each other every once in a while! Happy nodding chaps, PP.

Proud owner of a beautiful blue Derbi Rambla, still not sold on a name... Need suggestions!
  • 01-10-2009 09:59 AM In reply to

LOL yes it's nice when they do that. He is probably a motorbike or scooter rider in his other life. Big Smile

Try returning the kindness to a cager who doesn't expect it, their reaction is usually enough to brighten your whole day Wink

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-10-2009 03:07 PM In reply to

• Ned
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-21-2008
    • Posts 137

Got a military salute from a PX 200 rider today. Totally took me by surprise, I just squeezed a nod in in return :)

VMoto Milan JX 50 blue(ish)
    "It's all over now, baby blue"

Honda NH80 rat-bike
    "aqua-rat" until I take the spraycan to it...
  • 01-10-2009 04:47 PM In reply to

I'm receiving nods galore riding the MP3 around. Even a pedestrian! Unfortunately by the time he nodded, after almost tripping over himself looking around at the MP3, I didn't have time to nod back so gave him a cheery wave instead. Yes

I'm not even initiating the nods! I'm having far too much fun, finding all the gravel & sand I can & giggling like a nutter, to bother with nodding at others & watching to see how they react!  Big Smile

Heading out a couple of hours ago I noticed a distinct difference in the way cagers treated me also. One, who had pulled half a car distance into my path before I even came around the bend, reversed back behind the stop sign although I could very easily have ridden around him. I do think however that people need to be re-taught that it's rude to point! I could have filled the fuel tank a couple of times over if I had a dollar for every time someone pointed at the scooter! Super Angry

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
Page 7 of 7 (95 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au