Scooter
Community

Nolan N42 -- good helmet?

Last post 04-07-2009 11:04 AM by silverflyer. 46 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Re: Nolan N42 -- good helmet?

How can you interperate a mood or a reaction from text? ScootaNut, get a grip, its only a fun forum.Big Smile

DOZER.
  • 11-30-2008 10:23 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

dozer.:

ScootaChic:

Dozer! Why couldn't you have just taken it for the gentle dig from friends that it was intended to be?

It was taken as fun ScootaNut. Seems like you're often busting in to try to solve problems that dont need solving. It's all a load of fun ScootaNut, and I'm sure Dak knows me enough to do the high five to get a reaction off Dozer and have a giggle. I'm not offended that I'm the but of your joke, hell, I take the piss outta myself all the time. I'll be wary to post any photos of chicken fillets (I'm still giggling Dak, very cute Big Smile).

OK, off to clean off the chicken strips on the GT, and polish the Turkey gobbler.

Peace... Out. Yes

We were in no way trying to cause dramas etc.  It was Denni who noticed, and we thought we would just make a "Hey nice chicken strip" comment.  No offence or riding ability digs.  I mean hey, mine are slowly evening out, and I am getting the wear on the sides as well as the middle.  As you get a new bike, most of us take our time, to get used to it, and confidence needs to be built up, on how you can ride it.  I have just clicked over 3000kms since September on Armani, and the confidence, and riding style improves each day.  Dozer, send us an updated pic, let's see how they have improved, and how your training is helping Mrs Dozer.  If she was offended, please apologise, as it was not intended to offend her.  (Dozer yes maybe, but not the Mrs lol)  Every time Brendon looks at mine now, he will say something along the lines of ... getting better.. or it's starting to happen.  And it does.  I don't have the confidence to lay the scooter too far into corners.... personally I think that is generally a guy thing!  It is natural behaviour!  But some days you go thru a corner and you think (I was lower there than I usually am)

But Dozer, your  scooter, we expect to see no chicken strips, but good even wear! 

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 11-30-2008 10:56 AM In reply to

• Denni
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 994

Dozer no offence was intended.

When I mentioned it to Brendon he suggested that I post it, he said you a wicked sense of humor and would see the funny side.

I'm sorry if it was taken out of the context that it was posted.Embarrassed

Trusty 'Beo has found a new home.
    New adventures on the BMW 650.

• 11-30-2008 01:04 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Girls, Girls, girls..... It's all funny and good.
    DOZER.
  • 11-30-2008 01:47 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Well we don't want to upset The Dozer!

• 11-30-2008 02:42 PM In reply to

WAY:

Can I ask how much they are?  I like the looks of it and I am a fan of open face helmet.  I like that little sunshade too.

Hi WAY,

I think the N42 helmet costs about $260, but I guess it depends where you buy one.

Mack Truck
  • 11-30-2008 08:55 PM In reply to

• TonyJ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-25-2008
    • Sutherland Shire, Sydney
    • Posts 73

G'day Way,

I got mine from The Helmet Warehouse in Yagoona, NSW (Sydney). It was $199.95. I specifically went there because of this price i saw advertised on their website, being the lowest i'd spotted anywhere by about $25. http://thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php?crn=229

If you aren't in Sydney the do internet sales but I have no idea how much they charge for freight. I beleive they use couriers rather than Aus Post as heard guy talking in store whilst there.

The have a sizing chart on their site as well which tells you what size you need for specific head circumferences in cm.

Good luck shopping

Tony

He - Piaggio X8 250ie - Black
    She - SYM VS 125 - Black (her second after #1 got written off)
  • 11-30-2008 09:29 PM In reply to

TonyJ:

G'day Way,

I got mine from The Helmet Warehouse in Yagoona, NSW (Sydney). It was $199.95. I specifically went there because of this price i saw advertised on their website, being the lowest i'd spotted anywhere by about $25. http://thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php?crn=229

If you aren't in Sydney the do internet sales but I have no idea how much they charge for freight. I beleive they use couriers rather than Aus Post as heard guy talking in store whilst there.

The have a sizing chart on their site as well which tells you what size you need for specific head circumferences in cm.

Good luck shopping

Tony

Hi Tony,

What a bargain you found! I saw the price on the motorcycle accessories supermarket (mcas.com.au) is $260. I think I'll try that warehouse at Yagoona where you bought yours. Thanks for sharing that tip.

Mack Truck
  • 11-30-2008 09:40 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Go and try them on, and see what you think.  Once you know what size you need, then you can shop online if you find a bargain.  But just a warning, that the sizes differ from brand to brand, so you can't change brands and assume the size you and before will be right.  I have just gone from a Large RJays to a Small Shark!  I basically went and tried on everything I liked so I knew what I had to search for if I boguht online.  Had it had not fitted if I got one this way, I would not have been happy!

• 12-01-2008 01:02 AM In reply to

• WAY
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2007
    • Posts 399

Thanks all for the tips.  I will go and try one out soon. 

2009 Honda DN-01 pseudo scooter
  • 12-01-2008 04:27 PM In reply to

WAY:

Thanks all for the tips.  I will go and try one out soon. 

Same goes for me!

Mack Truck
  • 12-01-2008 06:58 PM In reply to

I agree with all comment on noise. It can be noisy at 60kph when riding into a strong headwind even with a windscreen . So I use earplugs. The big visor is a big plus but beware it is sharp and can graze your chin. I also have a Shoe full face but appreciated the view from the Nolan, the cool air through the Nolan and the visor when riding into the sun. And it fits as well as the Shoei. Highly recommended.
  • 04-06-2009 08:33 PM In reply to

Confused [*-)] Re: Nolan N42 -- good helmet?

I have a different problem with this helmet, which I really like and want to get.

My problem is I want it in white (no, I really, really do!Geeked), which is available overseas (see http://www.nolanhelmets.com/n42encom.htm ) but for some reason not in Australia (WHY?????????!). Crying

If I order one from overseas, it won't have an AS approved label, and will be illegal, even though it would be identical to the approved one sold locally.

Does anyone know how one could get a helmet bought outside Australia approved for use here? Confused

There must be a way, after all most of the helmets worn here are made overseas. Especially when it is the same as one already given AS approval.

• 04-07-2009 02:16 AM In reply to

• WAY
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2007
    • Posts 399

On a slight tangent, I just saw the coolest open face helmet (to me anyway) at LV.  I has a Tiaga leather covered shell, with a see through plastic and holds up the visor over it.  I loved it!  But before anyone ask how much it is, I am currently in Kuala Lumpur for the F1 and I doubt LV would bother going through the AS certification for wht would probably amount to 15 sale a year...

• 04-07-2009 02:23 AM In reply to

• WAY
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-23-2007
    • Posts 399

WAY:

On a slight tangent, I just saw the coolest open face helmet (to me anyway) at LV.  I has a Tiaga leather covered shell, with a see through plastic and holds up the visor over it.  I loved it!  But before anyone ask how much it is, I am currently in Kuala Lumpur for the F1 and I doubt LV would bother going through the AS certification for wht would probably amount to 15 sale a year...

Correction. I meant Damier leather...

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au