Scooter
Community

SYM orbit125 VS Bug Agility125

Last post 12-18-2008 12:04 PM by Pinwin. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2008 04:09 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Re: SYM orbit125 VS Bug Agility125

Tubsta:

Scooter HQ:

dozer.:
    The Agility is better

How?

I just give you a Jeremy Clarkson answer, "It just is, that's how"

Why Brendon? Because from what I've read here in this forum, yaz all tell me that the scooters from China are inferior to the ones made in Taiwan. From what I know, the Kymco is Taiwanese, and comes with a 4 year warranty, and the Orbit comes with a 12 month warranty. So, in my honest humble Dozerized opinion, I'd be taking the Agility over the Orbit.......... only for piece of mind. If the orbit was built to last, then I'd assume that Select would chuck a 4 year warranty on it like their other quality scooters, and the simple fact they didnt, highlights that the Agility would be in the lead for what was better. Thats why my freind. Shoot me down as you will. Wink

DOZER.
  • 12-01-2008 04:26 PM In reply to

dozer.:
    Thats why my freind. Shoot me down as you will. Wink

Nah mate everyones entitled to an opinion only asked why you thought as you did. Both scoots have points over each.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 12-01-2008 04:34 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

I dont mind being whacked and beaten with a stick if I'm wrong. I mean shoot me down as you will as in 'as you will', not as you would. Got me?

Like ending a sentance, as you will..... Big Smile

I wish I was a dealer, and then I'd really sink my teeth into threads like this, like a dozer in the dirt.....

The only thing I know, is I'd be selling reputable brands, the brands that Ace Scooters, Scooter HQ and Scooter Shop Launceston.

You wouldnt see 'Dozers House of Chinese Garbage'. With that said, I dont mind chinese scooters if they come from the reputable brands. Hell, I love my iPhone, and its very good quality, and its made in china.

DOZER.
  • 12-01-2008 05:03 PM In reply to

dozer.:
     I dont mind being whacked and beaten with a stick 

Nothing wrong with a bit of S&M Doze, but I don't see how it applies here. 

dozer.:
    Like ending a sentance, as you will..... Big Smile

hehehe Yes Yes I do that cause it drives someone nuts....

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 12-01-2008 06:17 PM In reply to

For a review on the SYM Orbit 125, check out this site....http://www.thescooterreview.com
  • 12-14-2008 11:41 PM In reply to

I faced the same choice a couple of weeks ago: Orbit or Agility? They seemed very similar to me in most aspects but Agility is well known and reputable while the Orbit still has to prove itself.  That, plus the fact that Bug dealer was nicer and better to deal with, was enough to seal the deal even though Orbit was actually slightly cheaper.

So far I've no regrets, Agility does the job.

• 12-16-2008 06:02 PM In reply to

• Pinwin
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 154

Hi, for what it's worth I own both a VS 125 and an Orbit 125 (Husband had inherited the VS!) Both are great Scoots. For me I prefer the lighter and therefore slightly less cumbersome Orbit - weighs about 25kgs less than the VS and I feel that I can manouvre it more easily. Downside is not being able to get my Nolan (Postie) helmet under the seat but I overcame that by putting it in the top-box and my jacket goes under the seat. So far the Orbit handles itself really well, I figured (correctly as it turned out!) that with the Orbit being lighter and my other half weighing 30kg more than me, we would be on an even keel acceleration-wise (with the VS having 4 valves to the Orbit's 2) It's working out great! I tried the agility but found the seat hard, the mirrors piddly, twitchy throttle and general riding position not as comfy as the Orbit (or the VS) Re. the warranty - have to wait and see on that one!! cheers Wink
    Honda PCX 125
  • 12-16-2008 09:20 PM In reply to

Pinwin:
    Hi, for what it's worth I own both a VS 125 and an Orbit 125 (Husband had inherited the VS!) Both are great Scoots. For me I prefer the lighter and therefore slightly less cumbersome Orbit - weighs about 25kgs less than the VS and I feel that I can manouvre it more easily. Downside is not being able to get my Nolan (Postie) helmet under the seat but I overcame that by putting it in the top-box and my jacket goes under the seat. So far the Orbit handles itself really well, I figured (correctly as it turned out!) that with the Orbit being lighter and my other half weighing 30kg more than me, we would be on an even keel acceleration-wise (with the VSĀ having 4 valves to the Orbit's 2) It's working out great! I tried the agility but found the seat hard, the mirrors piddly, twitchy throttle and general riding position not as comfy as the Orbit (or the VS) Re. the warranty - have to wait and see on that one!! cheers Wink
    Fantastic comments Pinwin. Choosing the scoot that fits you is a must. Nice to see positive stuff on the Orbit even if Select Scoota wont back it with there usual warranty. Oh the advantages of being a light weight on two wheels.
  • 12-17-2008 01:42 PM In reply to

Nikko:
    Nice to see positive stuff on the Orbit even if Select Scoota wont back it with there usual warranty

It's not aimed at the usual SYM buyer who will pay the extra for quality & warranty. It is a no frills, solid budget unit aimed at the budget buyer allowing dealers like us to compete with "internet/container" specials. I've mentioned before that in the lower price bracket of the market some owners won't service as per the logbook, particularly after the first year so longer warranty isn't that much of a selling point. We don't have people Umm & ahh between VS & Orbit, generally people who are buying Orbits have been looking at real cheap stuff & want the lowest price entry point possible. Orbit means they have  "Brand" security

Really Orbit is a new market for SYM/Select in Oz & with the industry going through a period of rationalisation provides buyers in the budget end of town with some certainty.

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 12-17-2008 03:51 PM In reply to

• Pinwin
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 154

It would seem that I'm in a fairly unique position owning both a VS and an Orbit 125!! - our VS is the 1st version (15 months old now, hasn't got the newer r/view mirrors) so still have nearly 3 yrs warranty left. The Orbit has 10 months or so! warranty left!......let's see what happens!!! 

I did have a warranty claim with the VS (bent brake shaft - from the factory), the dealer picked it up at it's first service - Sym came to the party with no hesitation, everyone very apologetic for my inconvenience - job done!!

Whilst I abolutely LOVE all the Piaggio's, Aprilia's, Peugeots etc. on the market (and I do drool over them constantly!) - the reality is I also drive a car (my beloved Mini Cooper), so..........the attraction for me with the Sym product is, financially, it allows me to do both...as it were! It allows me to be in the lucky position of being part of the fun-filled Scooter world (when I'm not transporting sh*t loads of groceries or teaching 2 teenagers to drive!!!??##!)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that my '07 version of the VS' came out of China?? Stick out tongue

Honda PCX 125
  • 12-17-2008 04:15 PM In reply to

Pinwin:
    , correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that my '07 version of the VS' came out of China??

Your VS was manufactured in Taiwan & assembled in Vietnam. New VS is a pure Taiwanese manufactured & assembled scooter.

www.scooterhq.com.au

• 12-18-2008 11:33 AM In reply to

• Sahatiel
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • Townsville
    • Posts 79

Pinwin:
    It would seem that I'm in a fairly unique position owning both a VS and an Orbit 125!!

That's not quite correct. I'm in the same position and said so in the second post of the thread (I'm currently paying of the b/fs loan since he has no job, so I think that entitles me to say it's mine too Wink ) Stick out tongue  But we haven't had much experience riding them yet, though it's changing ^^

kjam - did you decide what to get yet?

Mentally unstable like a fox!

Shiny Black VS125 "DJ" is in the house! ^^
  • 12-18-2008 12:04 PM In reply to

• Pinwin
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 154

Oops! - my mistake, make that "WE are in a fairly unique position...etc etc!" Big Smile
    Honda PCX 125
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au