Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

Helmet Nolan

Last post 12-09-2008 09:40 PM by marko66. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2008 02:16 AM

• marko66
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2008
    • Adelaide River N.T.
    • Posts 40

Helmet Nolan

Hi All

Just got a new nolan helmet with the twin visor setup, have only been for a quick ride but it is good so far havent tested it over 1E30 kmh though so will let you know soon how it on a good ride but first ride impressions are it's great

Regards Mark

Marko
  • 12-06-2008 08:53 AM In reply to

Re: Helmet Nolan

Hi Marko

Which one is it?  Open face, full face, or flip face?  We're big fans of Nolan helmets here at Ace.

Cheers

Steve

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-06-2008 11:02 AM In reply to

• marko66
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2008
    • Adelaide River N.T.
    • Posts 40

Hi All

Steve it's the full face helmet with the full clear visor and the half tinted visor over that, the half tinted visor flips independantly and is the model n84 i looked at a few others but the twin visor setup was just so handy that i settled on it - and the Casey Stoner Coolreplica was twice as much and no twin visor setupCrying.

I am going to Darwin which is   100 km one way today for the toy runCoolBig Smile so it will get a workout and I will see what happens.Smile

Was hoping to have a nice black scooter that hasn't been seen in Darwin yet to ride to show all the Darwinites but apparently it needed new shock absorbers and they only arrived yesterday.   Oh well maybe one dayBig Smile

The only thing I hated which i almost forgot was the nose piece on the helmet which is removeable and was straight away

Regards Mark

Marko
  • 12-06-2008 11:22 AM In reply to

Nice one!  Yeah - the tinted half visor is a real bonus.  I know that they are looking at getting one with an internal tinted visor (behind the main visor) through compliance - but its proving to take longer than I think they'd originally hoped.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-06-2008 01:10 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

marko66:

Hi All

Steve it's the full face helmet with the full clear visor and the half tinted visor over that, the half tinted visor flips independantly and is the model n84 i looked at a few others but the twin visor setup was just so handy that i settled on it - and the Casey Stoner Coolreplica was twice as much and no twin visor setupCrying.

I almost bought the Stoner Replica.  But in the end I was not 100% comfortable with the feel of the Nolan on me!
    2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 12-06-2008 01:18 PM In reply to

It depends on the shape of your head.  You have either got a oval head, or a square head.  We all know what shape yours in Dakoda, ja?

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-06-2008 01:24 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

steve@ace:

It depends on the shape of your head.  You have either got a oval head, or a square head.  We all know what shape yours in Dakoda, ja?

Ha!

I think also male and female there is differences, hair styles etc, all affect it.  For me personally the Nolans didn't do it for me in the fitting stakes, and I think this is a very important factor.  Just goes to show you have to try everything on!

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 12-06-2008 01:47 PM In reply to

Daks - you are right.  Fit is vital.  When it comes to safety, its the most important factor.  You are better off with a cheap well-fitted helmet than the most expensive poor-fitting one.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 12-06-2008 05:59 PM In reply to

i am also a fan of the nolan range of helmets. i have an open face, tilt up and full face. a couple with the flip up dark half visor. i found them very noisy when up and were not dark enough for me. so i have taken them off.  but the comfort is great. enjoy.

argentum melle
  • 12-09-2008 09:40 PM In reply to

• marko66
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2008
    • Adelaide River N.T.
    • Posts 40

Hi All

Silverflyer I have tested mine over six hundred km's now and i find it good the whistle with the dark visor all the way up at almost any speed is annoying but if i put it down a click it doesnt really affect my vision and the whistle only happens when i tilt my head back past verticalBig Smile .  Its also good in the rain as i didn't get wet and it didnt fog up either.

Down side is it doesn't make coffee and the good looking bikini clad  visor cleaner hasn't arrived yet DevilWink , how long did it take for yours to turn up Silveflyer ?

Regards Mark 

Marko
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au