Scooter
Community

scooter parking bays?

Last post 12-10-2008 12:22 PM by Jax. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2008 03:46 AM

• Magoo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • WA
    • Posts 804

scooter parking bays?

does anyone know if there are scooter//m/c parking bays at warwick shopping center and joondalup shopping center?

• 12-10-2008 08:56 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Re: scooter parking bays?

not sure about parking bays but saw what happened to the joondalup police station last night on the news

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 12-10-2008 09:04 AM In reply to

Stuscat there are scooter parking bays at Joondalup. They're right next to the disabled parking bays by the entrances.

I can't picture any at Warrwick but will have a dig around the net.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 12-10-2008 09:11 AM In reply to

• Tubsta
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2007
    • Secret Test Track, South Gippsland, Australia
    • Posts 1,192

ScootaChic:
    I can't picture any at Warrwick

Hey Nutters, gives you a good excuse to go for a ride.  Bugger looking around on the net for the answer.

"Being cold is the result of laziness" - Bunta Fujiwara

Current ride: Yamaha XT660Z Tenere.
    Gone: Piaggio MP3 400ie, too unreliable in the rain (think Italian electrics).

ScooterZine
  • 12-10-2008 09:17 AM In reply to

LOL it's raining dogs & cats outside today. BIG dogs n cats.Not that a little rain upsets the handling of the GTS250ie Cool

Stuscat I had a look on whereis, using the photo option, but couldn't see any scooter bays you might have to fight for parking like the cagers, unless you park on the footpath out of the way.

When I go to Belmont shops the scooter bays are well away from the main doors so sometimes I'll park the scooter on one of the islands separating the entrance road from the car parking area. You could try doing that. I've seen plenty of 4WDs doing the same thing.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 12-10-2008 11:16 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

When you find scooter/ mc parking - can you please let me know at MCNetwork so I can mark it on the map - then everyone can find it too... Big Smile

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 12-10-2008 11:22 AM In reply to

bays or not, I park at the bike racks, or any paved pedestrian area, or right next to an entrance.... wherever. There's so many paved pedestrian areas... ANYwhere will do and if there's something to tie up to, even better

Vespa PX200 "Killer Wasp" - now on a street near you
  • 12-10-2008 12:13 PM In reply to

• GeeKay
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Perth
    • Posts 312

Jax:

When you find scooter/ mc parking - can you please let me know at MCNetwork so I can mark it on the map - then everyone can find it too... Big Smile

Hi Jax - I have a few that you could add to the Perth map - I'll get the full details (accurate street addresses, number of bays etc) over the next few days and start to get them entered. I've even found a few "Pay and Display" m/c bays in Subiaco. How on earth we're supposed to display a ticket I have no idea.

VMoto Milan JX50 - The farce is strong with this one!
  • 12-10-2008 12:22 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

GeeKay:
    How on earth we're supposed to display a ticket I have no idea.

The machines in Brisbane issue two tickets - one for the bike and one for your pocket.

It's probably about time the Perth City Council were introduced to the Sydney Motorcycle and Scooter Strategy (free parking edition Big Smile )

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au