Scooter
Community

Zip 100 Power and Accessories.

Last post 01-14-2009 03:12 PM by justkostas. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2009 08:06 PM

Zip 100 Power and Accessories.

Hello People.. HAPPY NEW YEAR. I bought myself a Zip 100 about 2 weeks ago as a toy just to muck around on. Well, after about 10 days later and nearly 400k's, I cant get enough. Its a little yellow one.. OMG its sooo much fun I cant get enough. Problem is now that It doesnt have enough power and Im not sure what to do. Is there anything I can do to squeeze just a little bit more power out of it? Are the any accessories (apart from luggage and windshield) I can get for it? Thankx Guys. Little Yellow Zip Man.
    I feel like a child when riding my Zip 100 (got it in Dec 08)
  • 01-02-2009 11:49 AM In reply to

Re: Zip 100 Power and Accessories.

Hi Justkostas - welcome to the forums and to scooterland Big Smile  Unfortunately your experiencing the same problem that many new riders experience, which is buying a vehicle which might seem powerful enough when you first buy it, but as your experience and skills very quickly develop, you realise that more power is very, very useful. 

Unlike 50cc scooters which are restricted, bigger scooters tend not to be, so performance improvements can be relatively expensive for the extra power they provide.  My advice is to take it on the chin and notch it up to experience, sell your Zip 100 and buy something bigger. If you ride the Zip 100 for a few months, your fuel savings will easily outstrip the devaluation of the price of your scooter.  And you'll be much better prepared to know if your next ride should be a 125cc, or something bigger still Big Smile

In the meantime, enjoy yourself and ride safe.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 01-07-2009 05:51 PM In reply to

Thankx Steve, I didnt buy the scooter for saving fuel, I bought it cos i have always wanted one so i bought myself a xmas pressie. I ride it every day randomly or to the shops or city. I am already riding it on main roads as long and the wind isnt coming my way i can get up to about 75. All i need is a small 20% boost to get it to 80 and keep it at 80. Obviously a 100cc bike cant do that. Totay I already test rode a vespa LX150. They seem and feel MUCH bigger. Its a bit disappointing as a i like the Zip 100's TOY LIKE FEELING. Not sure what to do yet... Ill see.
  • 01-07-2009 08:56 PM In reply to

How about a Fly 125? They're a great bike & not too much bigger in size than the Fly. They get up to about 100km/h, use next to no fuel & are good fun to ride!

I miss my Fly Sad

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-08-2009 12:09 AM In reply to

• 01-08-2009 01:50 AM In reply to

its only goes about 78km/h
    BikeNoob:
    Zip 100 doesn't go over 75? My Beewee can go to 85+ and I'm no petite little girl.
  • 01-09-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

justkostas:
    BikeNoob:
    Zip 100 doesn't go over 75? My Beewee can go to 85+ and I'm no petite little girl.

Although they are both 100cc, the Zip 100 is a 4-stroke, the BeeWee is a 2-stroke.  Consequently the BeeWee will go faster than the Zip.   But the Zip's engine will probably last twice as long and use about half the fuel.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 01-09-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

• dimistyle
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-07-2009
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 35

I would recommend a new performace variator kit. This will at least give you a better top end, and get the roller weights right you will have better pickup aswell.

Both Polini and Malossi make a kit for the Zip  4T 100.

Polini 241.613 is approx $NZ160 +pp

www.MotoBravo.co.nz
    Email info@motobravo.co.nz
  • 01-09-2009 08:35 PM In reply to

OK.. ill ttell my Scooter Dealer. What will that do exactly? Make it a bit more responsive? Not as smooth?
    dimistyle:

I would recommend a new performace variator kit. This will at least give you a better top end, and get the roller weights right you will have better pickup aswell.

Both Polini and Malossi make a kit for the Zip  4T 100.

Polini 241.613 is approx $NZ160 +pp

• 01-12-2009 09:40 AM In reply to

• dimistyle
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-07-2009
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 35

Hi there as mentioned the variator is basically your gearing on a auto scooter, so the when the clutch is engaged the the roller weight control when yout get power to the wheels. The high performance variators from TP/Malossi/Polini etc allow you to modify where you want the power. With the basic setup once the vnew varaiator and roller weight are installed you will notice a quicker take-off from stand still and a higher top end. Depending on your weight addition roller weight can be installed. 

See link below for explanation of how it works.Wink

http://www.beedspeed.com/html-pages/automatic-scooter-engines-explained.htm

www.MotoBravo.co.nz
    Email info@motobravo.co.nz
  • 01-12-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

steve@ace:

justkostas:
    BikeNoob:

Although they are both 100cc, the Zip 100 is a 4-stroke, the BeeWee is a 2-stroke.  Consequently the BeeWee will go faster than the Zip.   But the Zip's engine will probably last twice as long and use about half the fuel.

Would you like a crack at presenting evidence supporting your engine longevity claims? Because without any evidence you are basically full of ***, right?

• 01-12-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

Innocenti69:

steve@ace:

justkostas:
    BikeNoob:

Would you like a crack at presenting evidence supporting your engine longevity claims? Because without any evidence you are basically full of ***, right?

Absolutely.  And clearly you are the expert on everything scooters as we've all discovered over the last few weeks.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 01-12-2009 01:18 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

longevity will always turn towards the 4 stroke and Steve is correct in what he is saying, regardless of him being a Piaggio dealer this is just the facts. Enough evidence through ciustomer ownership does exist. Its all horses for courses. Service them both properly and the Zip will always last longer.

Will it provide as much Zip as the Beewee, no way.... Does it provide a bigger grin then the Beewee , then thats subjective to its use.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 01-12-2009 04:51 PM In reply to

steve@ace:

Absolutely.  And clearly you are the expert on everything scooters as we've all discovered over the last few weeks.

All I am saying to you and others who pull "facts" out of their a$$e$ is that you need to do better. Just because you may be a scooter dealer doesn't mean sh1t. I don't need to tell you that those in the scooter/motorcyle trades are unlikely to be Rhodes Scholars, in fact many are unlikely to be bipedal in my experience. If you want people, particularly intelligent people, to take you seriously you need to back up your claims with some evidence. Of course you are welcome to your opinion as is everyone but unless you can provide factual support for it it remains just that, an opinion.

• 01-12-2009 05:07 PM In reply to

• Tubsta
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2007
    • Secret Test Track, South Gippsland, Australia
    • Posts 1,192

Even with facts, it is a skeptic's job to shoot down the facts.  Facts are only accepted when there is general consensus in the science proving the fact.

So based on that, unless we are scientist and most of us all accept the facts based on the merits of science proving those facts, then I don't think we are going to make you happy there Innocenti69.

People believe in God based on written historical scripture and because the Pope thinks it is supporting evidence, does that make it fact?

Even if we provided you with written fact doesn't mean you are going to believe it anyway.  What the members here are trying to explain that in their experience, they have found xyz.  Opinion, yes.  Experience, yes.  Fact is plausible but not confirmed.  Live with it.

"Being cold is the result of laziness" - Bunta Fujiwara

Current ride: Yamaha XT660Z Tenere.
    Gone: Piaggio MP3 400ie, too unreliable in the rain (think Italian electrics).

ScooterZine
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au