Scooter
Community

Coffee Cup Holder - Update!

Last post 01-16-2009 08:58 PM by veggie. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2009 10:55 PM

• veggie
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Northern Beaches, Sydney
    • Posts 457

Coffee Cup Holder - Update!

Hello Everyone.

I thought i would report in on my experience to date with my very kindly donated coffee cup holder.

So....... i thought as a first up i would "test ride" the coffee cup holder. So i kept one of my empty take away coffee cups, rinsed it out and filled it with water - put the lid back on and was set for the test.

Mounted the coffee cup holder onto the scoot, in the suggested spot from the website "on the glove blox".  This didn't seem ideal as the coffee cup wouldn't hang straight up and down, it sort of tilted back a bit....anyway, i thought it's only water so doesn't really matter if it spills!  Off i went! Well up the street, first bump and the water spilled out, and continued to spill out over each bump...... back home to re-think the strategy.  Got the boy out to investigate, and we put the coffee cup hold on many many spots but found the same problem!

So.... some more thinking and i decided to try again. This time i put some sticky tape over the drink hole on the lid of the takeaway cup and then thought that it might be a better option to mount the holder under the seat.  Well.... so i put the holder on the front of the under storage box, in the middle.  Put the cup in, full of water with sticky tape and took off! Rode to work, checked and all good - no spills, no movements and went up / down driveways, over bumps etc - stop / start.  Left it in there and rode home, still in tact - no worries!!!

Tomorrow i'm going to go buy the "real thing" and i feel pretty confident that i've got it sussed out now!  I like the position of the cup holder because i thought the worse case is that if it spills i just rinse out the box thingy and it's all good - well good that it didn't spill all over me and my bike, but not so good that i lost my coffee along the way!

I rang the coffee shop, they know me.....hahah! and asked them if they've got sticky tape.....they didn't, but they do know after my little story! ha ha

So for those who have previously had problems carrying a coffee on your bike - give this position a go i think you'll be happy that you can carry your coffeeeeeeeeeee!!!

bye

THE DREAM IS ALIVE!!! IT'S A VESPA AND IT'S ALL MINE!!!!
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

It's name is WOW
  • 01-13-2009 11:09 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Re: Coffee Cup Holder - Update!

I find mine works a treat on the suggested place. I make sure I take a sip or two before I get on my merry way. Then make sure the holes are at 3 o'clock/9 o'clock so acceloration doesn't spill outta the holes. I have an underseat styrofoam 4 cup holder I've shaped from some consumable packaging I got. I use it to get coffee for my staff (when they are good.... Not often). I use it in winter, underseat keeps them warm too from the engine.
    DOZER.
  • 01-13-2009 11:13 PM In reply to

• AaronPM
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-21-2008
    • Sydney, NSW
    • Posts 269

dozer.:
    I use it to get coffee for my staff (when they are good.... Not often).

You call them staff?? I prefer the term minion....

2015 Matte Black Vespa GTS300
    2008 VESPA LX-150 - SOLD

BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK
  • 01-13-2009 11:13 PM In reply to

• veggie
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Posts 457

dozer.:
    I have an underseat styrofoam 4 cup holder I've shaped from some consumable packaging I got. I use it to get coffee for my staff (when they are good.... Not often).

I'd be interested to see a picture of this Dozer.....as prior to the scoot my boss (when he is good) and i did the alternate runs for coffee....but that's stopped for the time being! If i had one of those things i could also get the coffee for me and the boy on sat/sun mornings....Parking the cage to get coffee on a sat/sun is a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!

Was it hard to make??

It's name is WOW
  • 01-13-2009 11:22 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

No. 'Twas easy Veggie. Some of my computer to plate consumables come with styrofoam holders, purely for transporting, then it's waste. They have ore moulded holes that are the perfect size for coffee cups. I simply make a template of the underseat shape, cut it into the foam, and do a few fine tune shaves here and there and it drops rite in. I should be manufacturing them and selling them they work so damned good. I'm due to do my consignment stocktake tomorrow, and replenish stock, so will keep one for you when the order comes in. East peasy.
    DOZER.
  • 01-15-2009 08:14 PM In reply to

• veggie
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Posts 457

dozer.:
    so will keep one for you when the order comes in

shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! thankz Dozer Big Smile

Bought the real thing this AM and arrived at work with a full cup of pipping hot coffee... one girl saw me walk away from the bike "how did you get that here on THAT!.... "magic i told her"....."magic"

me happy, me like cofffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's name is WOW
  • 01-15-2009 08:42 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

I just wish I had one of those cup holders for my years in Falls Creek as a snow groomer.... The coffee I spilled in the snowcats in the afternoons while starting my shift annoyed some people. heheheh.

DOZER.
  • 01-16-2009 05:32 PM In reply to

really stupid question.

but

why do people carry the coffee around with them? why not sit down and enjoy the coffee at your leisure, watching the world go by?

argentum melle
  • 01-16-2009 05:39 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

silverflyer:

really stupid question.

but

why do people carry the coffee around with them? why not sit down and enjoy the coffee at your leisure, watching the world go by?

What? And waste precious scooting time?
    DOZER.
  • 01-16-2009 08:58 PM In reply to

• veggie
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Posts 457

silverflyer:

really stupid question.

but

hmm - well i can only speak for myself BUT..... i'm not sure about others but i can barely get to work on time, let alone have enough time to sit at a coffee shop prior and watch the world go by.

Besides that i like to sit at my desk and "ease into the day" while sipping on a coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeee YUM!

It's name is WOW
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au