Scooter
Community

Maxi as an all rounder

Last post 03-18-2009 02:24 PM by adamtassell. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2009 09:46 PM In reply to

Re: Maxi as an all rounder

I think the scarabeo 500 is a great solution for a maxi with better around town abilities. I dont think the riding position is as good for a long trip as some of the more feet forward bikes, like most other maxis. The scarabeo is more knees above feet, rather than feet out front. I think this is a  more aggresive riding position for city riding but perhaps not as comforable on a long trip. Although I have been known to sit on the passenger seat of my scarabeo on a long tripBig Smile

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 03-15-2009 11:51 AM In reply to

Test rode the Sacarabeo 500 (only cos they didnt have demo 250) the other week in Collingwood Melbourne there was plenty of traffic around, I wasnt overly impressed with its capability in that situation, very front heavy & could get tiresome day to day. Width-wise was okay though, you could filter reasonably small gaps. It looks fantastic, storage is great & build quality seemed good.

Just wonder how much different the 250 would be to ride, being approx 30 kilos less, I dont know yet !!?!?!? 

• 03-15-2009 10:38 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

My majesty is a good all rounder with big bore, dr pulley set up gives me smooth highway cruising and smart performance in the city, can carry 100 litres with top box and under seat storage space. not heavy like the 500 cc or 650cc scoots and i get average of 23 klm per litre.

Yes on bigger engines you can do 160 kph but the speed limit is 100 /110 which i do with power to spare for overtaking if the need, If i come off at 110 i should walk away but at 150/160 I don't like my chances. I live to ride and ride to live. 

I have been passed in the suburbs by crotch rockets doing 100 Kph in 60 zones and  I end up passing them at the lights as they had to stop, so they achieved nothing except put themselves and the life of others at risk which shows they have no love of themselves or self respect, also they give the majority of two wheelers a bad image with the community.

A cruiser will be a whole new experience for you and others that take it up and it will also show you a whole new world to scooter riding. enjoy it and ride to live another day. 

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 03-18-2009 02:24 PM In reply to

Hey Scooboy, I have not ridden the 250 scarabeo, but the weight difference is only 20kg, and I would have thought alot of that would be in the engine, at the rear of the bike, and a little in the extra front disk. I think perception of the size of a scoot is largely dependant on what you are used to and your own physical dimensions. I am a little under 100kg and a little over 6"4, so I don't find the 500 an especially big bike now that I am used to it. I must admit though, when I first got it it did feel big coming from a 50cc piaggio. Now when I ride that 50 cc scoot it just feels completely unstable and horrid to me, at first. Then I get used to it and enjoy the lightness of it.

My fuel economy on the 500 scoot is at worst 4 L/100km, and at best (sitting on 110) 3.3L/100km. Last week I was riding in a 100 zone behind a truck doing 90 and was able to easily and safely overtake it. I dont think I would have been able to on a 250.

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au