Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Aprilia

EXPENSIVE SERVICE -

Last post 04-10-2012 11:57 PM by steve@ace. 63 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2009 01:27 PM In reply to

Re: EXPENSIVE SERVICE -

Ok Wes

Here are the prices from our shop for the same Job that you had done on your bike Now Remember this is Canada so there will be a difference

1x Motor oil Vespa synthetic   $10.95                 you paid           $27.39

1x oil Filter                             $21.68                 you paid           $43.78

1xTransmission oil Synthetic   $14.95                  you paid           $ 20.97

1x headlight globe                   $32.12                  you paid            $ 27.60

1x sparkplug                           $16.95                  you paid            $ 20.97

1x rear tire                              $104.10                you paid             $148.50

1xVariator belt                        $ 101.76               you paid              $207.90

1xRoller set                            $13.82                  you paid             $137.50

1x Full Service                       $ 180.00                you paid              $315.70

Replace tire                           $ 25.00                  you paid              $104.50

GST                                     $ 26.06                   you paid              $95.85

Grand Total                          $547.39                  you paid              $1054.35

Difference of                                                                                  $506.96

Those are the prices from our shop

I would rather be riding my bike thinking about God Than in Church thinking about my Motorcycle

Suzuki C50 800cc
    Lethbridgeroadcrew.com
    http://www.lethbridgehonda.com/home/
    Alberta Canada
  • 01-30-2009 03:51 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

just as a matter of interest,when you convert your canadian price to aus $--that makes it $743 australian.

still a huge saving on what ned kelly charged at darlinghurst though,tell me on the sbjact of belts/rollers,do i have to change the rollers with every belt,if so wheres the best place in aus to obtain belts & rollers $ what price should i expect to pay for these parts?.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 01-30-2009 03:59 PM In reply to

• R1hoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2007
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 439

bradr:
    do i have to change the rollers with every belt

No - you only replace what's worn.

I was going to write a witty and clever comment here, then thought "naa screw it" -- I'm just gunna be a smart a$$.
  • 01-30-2009 09:57 PM In reply to

Re: EXPENSIVE SERVICE - GASOLINE ROYALE, 344 BOURKE ST, DARLINGHURST.

R1hoon:

Sounds like a BARGAIN - I've just picked up my falcon ute (BA XR8) from the dealer - 75000k service = $560 including upper cylinder clean to correct rough idle AND THEY'RE THEY'RE NOT FINISHED - one of the pcv hoses is split (nil stock waiting for parts) and need replacing - another $140 + labor.

Previously the last service (12 months ago) included 4 new tyres (18's) - 4 new shocks (H/D) - suspension bushes - auto service - valve adjustment --- that bill was HUGE

yeah, but thats ford for ya. Rough idle at 75000k??? It shouldn't be doing that. Or do you mean the famous ford miss?

I did 120,000 odd ks with a rough idling falcon. I ignored it. I knew everything else was fine. I have pre priced services for my

car thru the dealer. It basically tells me how much each service will be and what it costs.

P.s: The last spark plug i bought for my scooter cost me 8.95 from a yamaha dealer.

The oil was about $18, the rollers were $6.00 on line from taipan scooter assassins,

light globe woulda been under $20, I cant remember the exact price. 

• 01-31-2009 12:47 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

i thought my question was a fair one,being new to cvt setups i thought i would put the question out there in the hope that those more experienced than me in cvt knowledge might answer sensibly,but going by your comment "thought i might be a smartass instead" & then reading your story about yourself i guess one might consider you a 40 grit person {very abrasive}.

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 01-31-2009 09:58 AM In reply to

bradr:
    do i have to change the rollers with every belt,if so wheres the best place in aus to obtain belts & rollers

Have a read of your owners manual, somewhere in there it will have a chart of service items & when you can expect them to be changed. Example GP1 250 -belt is specified for replacement every 20,000 kms while the rollers are inspected each service & replaced as needed. Like brake pads & tyres the amount of K's you get from rollers varies from rider to rider.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 01-31-2009 10:35 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

thanks for that,i wasnt sure on the rollers but that is same as a couple of people have said so far,rollers sound similar to tensioner pulleys in car timing belt setups i.e check them each tome & replace as required  . cheers

• 01-31-2009 03:05 PM In reply to

• R1hoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2007
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 439

The rollers are the throw out weights in the variator - you'd only replace them if they are worn and flat spotted.

I was going to write a witty and clever comment here, then thought "naa screw it" -- I'm just gunna be a smart a$$.
  • 02-15-2009 08:06 PM In reply to

• graeme
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-15-2009
    • Posts 1

rollers here in Newcastle cost about $30 hmmm ripped off maybe so

• 02-15-2009 09:04 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

I replaced my rollers with Dr. Pulley sliders for 40 dollars US and that's still cheaper than your rollers.( PS they last a lot longer than rollers)

Paid $115 Aus for a Kevlar belt for variator.\

Front and rear tyre change/balance $60

All this for a Majesty 

I would be talking to consumer affairs real quick. 

Can you be sure he actually changed the oil and filter etc.

I would get a second opinion  

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 02-16-2009 06:55 PM In reply to

niks, I have a majesty too - where did you get that work done? ( just interested because some bike service places don't have much idea about scoots)

thanks

Matt

Removed due to stalker
  • 08-19-2009 12:46 PM In reply to

Re: EXPENSIVE SERVICE - GASOLINE ROYALE 344 BOURKE ST DARLINHURST

I recently also had a very expensive experience with Gasoline Garage. I am a relatively new scooter owner (January 09) and took my Mojito 125 for a service at Gasoline due to the convenient location. After checking the cost of the service $177 I went ahead with the service and a couple of extras that needed fixing and was stunned to receive a $550 bill.

The amount of work that this would get you on a car is 10 times the amount and it makes a joke of owning a scooter because they are cheaper. I'd love for a recommendation on a reliable, good value scooter service in Sydney city.

As with some of the other comments here, I feel a bit stupid for not having checked the forums first, but you live and learn!!

Costs of service summarised below and I have the invoice detailing these. My mojito has less than 5000km and is only 7 months old!

Kilometers:4,578 k

Job Details:

Basic Service $194.70 GST

Additional Labour:

Remove and repair rear tail light-1/2 hour @ $95/Hr - $52.25 GST

Remove and replace horn-1/2 hour @ $95/Hr - $52.25 GST

Spare Parts:

Genuine Vespa/ Aprilla horn - $132.00 GST

Genuine oil filter - $42.90 GST

NGK - $20.79 GST

Transmission Oil - $20.79 GST

4T engine oil - $39.49 GST

• 08-19-2009 12:59 PM In reply to

mojito125 have hearer about Gasoline Garage on other forums never hearer good about them  looking at your bill its disgusting they certainly ripped you off  

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-19-2009 02:03 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

What's with the "Genuine Vespa Horn"... did it need replacing or did u just want a louder one?

I paid $29 for my Stebel on the Sportcity - assume Mojito would be the same

... seems that $180 of the $550 bill was for the horn alone... making your service $370

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-19-2009 03:15 PM In reply to

Horn needed replacing, which was disappointing in itself...Aprilia's issue, not Gasoline's. The replacement cost was high for that, but you're right the service itself was around the $370 mark...still exorbitant and more than double my previous service.

More annoying was one of the main issues I wanted looking at still wasn't fixed through the service. He just kept trying to tell me I was probably flooding the engine. Customer service, rather than know it all arrogance would be refreshing.

Page 3 of 5 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au