Scooter
Community

When is it too hot to scoot?

Last post 10-11-2013 12:06 PM by pyrah. 38 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2009 07:58 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: When is it too hot to scoot?

Hottest temp Ive ridden in is 48C according to thermo on the GTS. Mid day on the Hume at Liverpool. Bloody ridiculous.
    Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-27-2009 08:30 PM In reply to

dozer.:
    Its my descision everyone. I dont ride long distances in shorts, just around town.

Just as long as you do wear SOMETHING Doze! We wouldn't want to see you featured in the local rag as a scooter flasher! How is the Boring rag going anyway? Are they still contacting you regularly for misquotes & misinformation?

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-27-2009 09:30 PM In reply to

I managed to break into a sweat last week after I was refreshed by Dozer, in Albury it was just a bit over 40 degrees, but on the Hume outside Benalla about an hour later Lil Brute's Temp gauge showed 47 degreesSurprise, noting most of this would have been reflected heat, it certainly made me suck the *** out of my Camel Back open the jacket and find some shade. Oh and Nick, cheers for the coffee and chat about stuff and the stunning scenery that seem to move by the coffee shopStick out tongue, it made my Albury stop memorableBig Smile

c

• 01-28-2009 02:20 PM In reply to

• kyza
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-14-2008
    • Posts 62

the scooter shop:
    Ride in that bikini I've seen you wearing, and you'll be nice and cool...Stick out tongue

lol, I would have to agree, as long as she was not fat.

"I have a real Scooter, a Daelim S1"
  • 01-30-2009 10:47 PM In reply to

The weather man said it was 45 degrees when I left work the other day to ride home on the scoot. Stupidly I thought 'safety first' and put my jacket on. I think if I caught fire at some point on the ride home I wouldn't have even noticed. Still not too hot too ride considering the trains were out =P and i was home within 15 minutes.
  • 01-30-2009 11:12 PM In reply to

It's too hot if you are cruising at over 80kph and still dripping with sweat and getting no relief from the wind rushing past. Happened today, apparently it was ONLY 37c - felt a whole lot hotter than that. Roll on Autumn...

Proud owner of a beautiful blue Derbi Rambla, still not sold on a name... Need suggestions!
  • 01-30-2009 11:14 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

I rode home in a chillier 44 degrees C. Lucky it's only 5km. Still, I'm my shirt, I got home and felt like a hungry jacks flame grilled burger.
    DOZER.
  • 01-30-2009 11:32 PM In reply to

I actually wore my Corazzo 5.0 today, partly because the Shift mesh jacket is in the wash, but also because it was much cooler this morning. Just hope the Shift dries out before tomorrow.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-31-2009 10:50 AM In reply to

Hi All,

well I just got back to Sydney from the National on Friday and to avoid the temps I thought I would stick to the coast road (Princess Hwy), unbeknown to me it was going to be hot everywhere, so off the boat on thursday morning, an on my merry way. Dressed in Corazzo 5.0 Hornee jeans and riding shoes, well I should have suspected something was up, as at 9am it was 36 degreees, hmm warm i thought........ so over the next two hours the temp hung around 38 warm but bareable, then I went down the western side of the latrobe valley and all of a sudden smack, the temp went up, up,

and then a little more   45c

and a little more   48c

and WTF 

I know its reflected heat but.........053-2.jpg Wat Tha.......Hot!!! picture by scsc_photos........oh and I did stop,

this was near Bairnsdale, on thursday, just as the fires started, very hot very windy and very

sickening, 13 camelback full of water, 6 bottles of water( poweraid) and 14 stops for rest, took 12 hours to go 500kms,

more details later but, i think when the roads are melting its too hot to scoot, knowing how hot it was on the hume when I came down, Im not sure if it couldhave been worse

c

• 01-31-2009 11:50 AM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Clay,

Thats bloody hot mate. Sure those fires didn't start when you were cornering that MP3 hard and sparks were coming off the stand???

Good to see you made it back from the big trip. I noticed when you were fueling up, you were jotting down numbers on fuel usage.... Any averages you wanna let us know about... How many KM's did you do in total?

Cheers.

Dozer.

DOZER.
  • 01-18-2013 04:39 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Decided I needed a run on the phatarsedVespa so I set off to visit Tony and Merrily today, just under 100ks eachway along the Old Pacific Hwy. I knew it was going to be 40C later and at 8am it was already reading 35C but there was no traffic and the road was very pretty, riding through the dappled shadows.  Got to M&T's at Umina and sat chatting for a few hours. At 1.30 it was time to head home, but it was bloody hot by this stage. 45C when I started, so I decided to wet my Tshirt and wear it under the airmesh jacket.  By the time I was on the back ridge out of Woy Woy 48C, too hot to raise the visor but the quickly drying tshirt was keeping me cool. Stopped at road warriors for water and re soaked the tshirt. Temp on the dash 49C headed back to Sydney, got onto the freeway at Berowra 100k/h 50C. Im begining to wonder as Im passing car after car broken down if Im pushing the old Vespa too hard but it keeps purring along, wrangled my way thru the back streets home and into the carport. What a machine! 100ks in sauna conditions without a complaint. Why Do I Do It? Coz sometimes I dont think that far ahead. Lucky I bought a Vespa.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-18-2013 05:27 PM In reply to

50 thats hot Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-18-2013 06:00 PM In reply to

It helps that I live in Perth, but I don't think I have ever let the weather determine whether I ride the scooter or not... wife and I are currently weighing up whether we get rid of the car or not... the only reason we need a car is for when visitors from overseas visit, which is a lot, as my wife is American... but apart from that neither of us are put off by the weather when we ride!!

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 01-18-2013 06:12 PM In reply to

James:

It helps that I live in Perth, but I don't think I have ever let the weather determine whether I ride the scooter or not... wife and I are currently weighing up whether we get rid of the car or not... the only reason we need a car is for when visitors from overseas visit, which is a lot, as my wife is American... but apart from that neither of us are put off by the weather when we ride!!

Devil Let the buggers hire a car when they get here do whats the best for you Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-19-2013 03:07 AM In reply to

It always seems to be frickin' hot in Darwin!  The actual temperature doesn't change all that much between our two seasons (The Wet & The Dry - true!), but the bloody humidity certainly does!

This is the sort of place where you step out of the shower and immediately start to sweat, I kid you not! 

I'm happier riding in The Dry, when the humidity is negligible, but I ride all year round. Stick out tongue

Scooter Dave
    Sym MaxSYM 400i ABS in White
    Darwin
    NT

Page 2 of 3 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au