Scooter
Community

Silly stuff seen on the long weekend!!!

Last post 01-29-2009 01:39 AM by GeeKay. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2009 10:02 PM

Silly stuff seen on the long weekend!!!

Come on everyone, write down everything silly you saw on the long weekend, I'll start off as I went on my newish MP3 around the eastern parts of western australia!!! I'll rate these from 5 to 1.

5. Around 20 kangaroos using Northam-York Road as a highway.. (hopping down the road not across it)

4. a few rabbits at one particular camp spot coming up to my dinner and trying to take my vegies

3. After coming back to perth, watching everyone trying to get on the freeway when it was shut for the fireworks

2.  a couple of drunks laying into a cop.

1. And the most priceless as seen in topic "Australia Day Run - Sunday 25 Jan 09", Somone falling off their scoot on a U-turn.

• 01-27-2009 10:45 PM In reply to

Re: Silly stuff seen on the long weekend!!!

clownfodder:
    1. And the most priceless as seen in topic "Australia Day Run - Sunday 25 Jan 09", Somone falling off their scoot on a U-turn.

Yes that was me attempting to do a uturn on a steep hill in Kalamunda to see why Dobergirl & Stuscat, who I was helping out, had stopped at the bottom of the hill. Thanks for the supportive & helpful post. Stick out tongue

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-28-2009 12:17 AM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,140

ScootaChic:

Yes that was me attempting to do a uturn on a steep hill in Kalamunda to see why Dobergirl & Stuscat, who I was helping out, had stopped at the bottom of the hill. Thanks for the supportive & helpful post.

Can't be any worse than that twit I saw trying climb Mt Glorious on a 50cc @ 40km/h.....oh wait....that was me.....Stick out tongueEmbarrassedHuh?

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
  • 01-28-2009 08:08 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

ScootaChic:

clownfodder:

Yes that was me attempting to do a uturn on a steep hill in Kalamunda to see why Dobergirl & Stuscat, who I was helping out, had stopped at the bottom of the hill. Thanks for the supportive & helpful post.

That chick must be nuts!
    2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 01-28-2009 08:30 AM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

ScootaChic:
    Yes that was me attempting to do a uturn on a steep hill in Kalamunda

Crikey! Did you damage the GTS? it happens to the best of us, I've neary dont that.

DOZER.
  • 01-28-2009 09:12 AM In reply to

dozer.:
    Crikey! Did you damage the GTS? it happens to the best of us, I've neary dont that.

yeah the poor thing looks like my cat used it as a scratch post. Atleast Mr Grumpy was able to fix the steering. No more counter steering to ride in a straight line! It's heart breaking seeing it damaged after admiring it's pristine state but hopefully we can have it looking good again soon.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-28-2009 09:40 AM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

ScootaChic:
    yeah the poor thing looks like my cat used it as a scratch post. Atleast Mr Grumpy was able to fix the steering. No more counter steering to ride in a straight line! It's heart breaking seeing it damaged after admiring it's pristine state but hopefully we can have it looking good again soon.

Ouch. Sad

Glad you're OK.

DOZER.
  • 01-28-2009 09:58 AM In reply to

ScootaChic:

clownfodder:

Sounds like you need more time in the saddle and less in front of the 'puter. Just sayin...

• 01-28-2009 10:00 AM In reply to

ScootaChic:

Is this the one you were working towards purchasing?? Looks like you just bought it...

It's always the slow speed stuff that catches riders out. And besides, what's up at Kalamunda worth seeing..?Big Smile

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 01-28-2009 10:44 AM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

ScootaNut, It's OK to admit to us about 'your little problem' Smile

DOZER.
  • 01-28-2009 10:48 AM In reply to

dozer.:

ScootaNut, It's OK to admit to us about 'your little problem' Smile

Absolute gold...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 01-28-2009 11:41 AM In reply to

Those slow turns will get you everytime. I was turning into a car park at Salamanca market a couple days ago and as you turn right you go up a bit of a slope. Trying to get used to the weight of my Beo 250 has been a bit of a trick. I got the wheel caught in the gutter with the front wheel cranked right and it started to topple but remembering all that training I thought, what the heck, accelerate, accelerate and I did and went flying up into the parking spot in front of all the people drinking outdoors at knopwoods pub for Australia Day.  Felt a bit triumphant like Evil Knievel, yeah , I've been practising that move for ages...as I walked into the veggie shop I just thought, what a goofball I am.  But hey it worked.  Hope you get your bike fixed up...I know it hurts.

• 01-28-2009 11:45 AM In reply to

There may have been some bikers on the long weekend on Tassies east coast as there were two teenage escapees from an adolescent detention centre (they were enroute when they overtook their guard and ran off). They ended up in a stolen car driving up the east coast north of Swansea in Tas with 3 others throwing full bottles of stubbies at cars and anything else moving on the highway on Monday Aus Day.  Was thinking about all the bikers leaving the scooter rally that day.  Other funny thing was at scooter rally when the mayor took us down to Coles bay and we all had to go up a very steep hill to see the lighthouse and Freycinet Peninsula.  We came out of a sharp bend to face a very steep hill but in a good condition. The classic bikes cranked up but some didn't anticipate it and failed to accelerate into first gear very quickly and suddenly there were several mosquitos whining their way up the hill when quiet reigned as the engines cut out and they all came rolling backwards down into the rest of us. Ever see a bunch of bikes scatter quickly to get out of the way?  The pillions were half off, half on, hopping madly on one foot and fortunately noone fell over or got hurt but it was a sight.  Glad they'didn't hurt themselves or their bikes.

• 01-28-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

• Pegasus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-18-2007
    • Kingsley, Perth. WA
    • Posts 1,041

ScootaChic:

Ouch, ouch... and double ouch. Still practicing those u-turns.......Big SmileBig Smile

Apart from that... I didn't see any stupid things during the long weekend.Sad

Ride safely everyone.
    Piaggio X8 250ie
    38,000km
  • 01-28-2009 12:15 PM In reply to

the scooter shop:
    Absolute gold...

XXXX Gold & plenty of them

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au