Scooter
Community

TGB Parts Really Available?

Last post 02-06-2009 01:25 PM by Service@SelectScootas. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2009 07:21 PM

TGB Parts Really Available?

Dear dealers, are TGB parts, such as for the 06 model 150cc model, really available?

So If I buy one, it can be serviced with new parts as need be?

• 01-30-2009 08:24 PM In reply to

Re: TGB Parts Really Available?

http://www.scootercommunity.com.au/forums/p/8323/51009.aspx#51009

if it was new... maybe as you would have a period of grace (hopefully) before needing parts or warranty work, but secondhand? Wouldn't touch it until things have become clear with regards to warranty work & parts.

Nothing has been said about this for a while in here so I guess no one has heard anything? Anyone?

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-30-2009 08:28 PM In reply to

I hope to catch up with my dealer tomorrow & ask him what the go is. Will add a post after I talk to him, if he has anything enlightening to say about the situation. PP

Proud owner of a beautiful blue Derbi Rambla, still not sold on a name... Need suggestions!
  • 01-30-2009 10:58 PM In reply to

Thanks.

A dealer here is Sydney says, he can get them from Qld, and he plans to stock up. Selling an 06 model, trade up.

• 01-31-2009 02:15 PM In reply to

Spoke to my dealer today. A mob in Qld are now supplying TGB parts (not sure about the actual selling of them though), but they only do orders every 3 weeks. My local are also planning to stock up on a few things. So, you're trading up to a TGB? Which model? PP

Proud owner of a beautiful blue Derbi Rambla, still not sold on a name... Need suggestions!
    Filed under:
  • 01-31-2009 02:58 PM In reply to

Actually a lady is trading up from a 303RS 150 to a something around $6000. The dealer offers a 3 month warranty.  Then I may go for the second hand TGB. Or possibly an Arriba 125 07 model with a warranty to 2011.
  • 01-31-2009 03:12 PM In reply to

Brendan27:
    Arriba 125 07 model with a warranty to 2011

PGO & SYM Scooters the first owner gets 4 years, secondary owners two years
    www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 01-31-2009 04:26 PM In reply to

• scootgc
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-01-2007
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 156

Hi Guys, Adam here from The Scooter Shop on the Gold Coast.

If you need TGB parts please let me know, I am importing from TGB in Taiwan and have been doing so since December 2008.

I took on this project to support the huge network of TGB dealers and their customers.

All the best. Adam.  Scooter Shop Big Smile

Regards Adam
    Scooter Shop at your service.
    www.thescootershop.net.au
  • 01-31-2009 08:43 PM In reply to

Did you say it's an 06? I guess that means there's less than 12 mths left on the warranty, or it would've transferred to you with the scoot :( 3 yrs EXCEPT if you transfer it with less than 1 yr left... annoying.

I really enjoy my 303RS, quick off the lights, easy to reach 80, good to cruise along at 90, hold onto your hat & reach 100 - though I tend not to do that v.often (& I'm no tiny person either). The only thing that's kind of annoying is my speedo being inaccurate, but hopefully this time around it will be fixed... though I am getting used to my new way of working out how fast I'm actually going - speedo reading x 20% +/- 5% variable depending on speed applied and time of take off +/- 3% or  just -10% for a headwind?! All fun though, love the coloured rims & the stick-to metal floor.

There are a few other TGB owners out in forum land, a couple of us have written reviews. I should really update mine soon, as I'm getting close to 3,000kms now (in less than 4 mths - crazy, just cannot keep off it!).

Good luck with your decision, PP

• 01-31-2009 08:43 PM In reply to

scootgc:

If you need TGB parts please let me know, I am importing from TGB in Taiwan and have been doing so since December 2008.

I took on this project to support the huge network of TGB dealers and their customers.

Nice one Adam!  I'm sure that a lot of TGB owners will be glad that there is a lifeline for parts!  

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 01-31-2009 08:47 PM In reply to

scootgc:

On behalf of all the TGB owners, THANK YOU, we had faith that someone would pick up the reins & sort out the mess! My dealer is Moto Central in Canberra - Lyn & Don seem pretty on the ball & it sounds like they are already dealing with you guys.

All the best to you too, PP

TGB 303RS 150 in grey & red aka 'The Batmobile'

Filed under:
  • 02-02-2009 11:49 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Adam has done a great job helping out in the current situation. Its left alot of owners up in the air and wondering what is going on.

But I think all will be worked out soon and we might see a long term resolution in a couple of weeks. 

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-06-2009 01:25 PM In reply to

All you Melbourne TGB owners can see E2W.

He and I have matched a lot of part's that we now supply him for said scoot'sBeer

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au