ADVERTISEMENT

Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT

50cc 2 stroke scooter loses power when hot

Last post 04-04-2009 08:48 PM by wisamnaomi. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2009 12:37 AM

50cc 2 stroke scooter loses power when hot

My scooter has recently started to lose power intermittently when I have it at full throttle. If I take my hand off the throttle it's usually fine for a little bit. It seems to get worse as the longer I ride it - i.e as the engine gets hotter. I can cruise at 40kph without any dramas but when I give it some throttle it loses power. Not sure if its related but not long ago I had the float adjusted as it was leaking fuel when switched off. thanks, Scott
  • 03-17-2009 01:45 PM In reply to

Re: 50cc 2 stroke scooter loses power when hot

Does it feel like it is starved of fuel or flooding? If it is the former it will just "cut out" after perhaps revving higher. If the latter it will feel "wooly" and will blow smoke.... My gut feeling is that it is being starved of fuel (the float bowl is draining) because the float level needs adjustment. Generally, if it is the float needle that is leaking you will have flooding problems at idle as well.

• 03-18-2009 06:09 PM In reply to

I assume you have checked the oil level ........

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 03-18-2009 07:13 PM In reply to

Thanks for your feedback. There is definitely plenty of oil - although I was wondering if it might have been related to using a different oil to normal (its 2 stroke motorcycle oil).

Anyway since the first response I've ridden the scooter a few times hoping to better describe what happens and the problem hasn't surfaced so I'll give further feedback when I can.

cheers

Scott

• 04-04-2009 08:48 PM In reply to

Re: 50cc 2 stroke scooter loses power when hot ( peugeot fox )

Hi

Im having the same problem with my peugeot fox and tried to clean up the carburator but nothing happend same problem any one has any advise

waiting your reply

thanks a lot

wisam

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au