Scooter
Community

SYM Orbit 125 Vs Agility 125cc

Last post 04-24-2009 12:57 PM by eemichael83. 23 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2009 03:24 PM In reply to

Re: SYM Orbit 125 Vs Agility 125cc

Tubsta:

So what are the differences?

BTW, steve was not advising, he was merely suspecting that there was a difference based on previous, widely known information.  If there was a change, gee it would be nice for the punters/your customers to know, maybe through some sort of press release????

It is widely known through our dealer network .

I find it funny that a dealer(s) will make comment on product they have never sold. But i supose they, like you, know everything.

• 03-31-2009 04:08 PM In reply to

• Tubsta
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2007
    • Secret Test Track, South Gippsland, Australia
    • Posts 1,192

Service@SelectScootas:

Tubsta:

So what are the differences?

BTW, steve was not advising, he was merely suspecting that there was a difference based on previous, widely known information.  If there was a change, gee it would be nice for the punters/your customers to know, maybe through some sort of press release????

I find it funny that a dealer(s) will make comment on product they have never sold. But i supose they, like you, know everything.

Cool, so there is no difference then or you would have answered my question.

Maybe look at it from a different angle.  I'm a potential customer, I go to scootersales.com.au or scootercommunity.com.au to read reviews on 125cc scooters, I read an orbit has 12 month warranty or an agility has a 4 year warranty.  Well, I won't be walking into a dealer to find that out, time is money.  Like most people these days, they will research a scooter PRIOR to putting a foot in the dealers door (Marketing 101).

"Being cold is the result of laziness" - Bunta Fujiwara

Current ride: Yamaha XT660Z Tenere.
    Gone: Piaggio MP3 400ie, too unreliable in the rain (think Italian electrics).

ScooterZine
  • 03-31-2009 04:47 PM In reply to

Wh

Service@SelectScootas:

Which part of the story did you miss?  We used to be a Bolwell dealer until the rug was pulled without discussion and without reason other than it suited the new local supplier - and that was as recently as last September.   So I guess that might be why we didn't get the info, but given that I'm in the business, I try to understand the pro's and con's of other products on the market.  Does that surprise you?

But you are right.  We never sold an Orbit.  Had them on the floor for about a month, and then had to negotiate for you to buy them back once you'd dropped us off your dealer network because I refused to sell a product that we aren't a dealer for and couldn't guarantee spare parts or warranty support.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 03-31-2009 06:08 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Lets re route this back to the question of what scooter Orbit or Agility. The answer should be that the guy isn't going to have a huge issue whatever he chooses as we know both are pretty good scoots and have proved reliable in the market.

Both come with a good deal of cred so really its going to come down to a decision of price and warranty etc. Price I would think in most markets for the orbit is about 500 bucks cheaper then the agility. But then the agility is probably an edge above the orbit in build. So its just down to preference I reckon and maybe going for a ride on both. The orbit to me feels more compact and smaller as well so take a test ride and see what you think. Its really down to opinion on here but I reckon you will find heaps of owners happy on both sides. 

Lets not let the scoots get caught up in whatever else is going on here 
    Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 04-01-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

Service@SelectScootas:
    I find it funny that a dealer(s) will make comment on product they have never sold. But i supose they, like you, know everything

Come on boys, people want answers not politics. If we are going to argue lets keep it to factual debate on whats being asked. If there is a change in servicing & warranty what is it? If dealers like Steve & I are unaware of any positive changes in regard to warranty or servicing chances are potential buyers won't be either.

My 2c

I'd buy Agility longer warranty, better built, bigger underseat storage & despite only .6kw difference in power the Agility is noticably faster. Both have strong distribution networks backing them up. I'd also have a Monaco over the Orbit it's also faster, more gear, looks better but isn't as well built or have as strong distribution network backing it.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 04-01-2009 11:08 AM In reply to

Orbit and the new Classic have a 2 year warranty.

All Select's models service intervals have been extended to 3500km.

No, this has not been made very clear, even within the dealer network...

Tassie's number one scooter dealer.

www.scootershoplaunceston.com.au

info@scootershoplaunceston.com.au
  • 04-18-2009 07:05 AM In reply to

Hello, new to the forum. I stumbled on this when trying to find something for my Agility. I bought my agility last year and it came with a 2 yr warranty: http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2 I agree that it is a VERY good entry level scooter and perfect if you are riding on 45mph or slower roads. Even 55mph roads are ok. I was planning on upgrading the tail light to High Output LED lights from say www.superbrightleds.com so it will be more obvious when I'm stopping. Sometimes I slow down and drivers will get a little close on my rear. I'm also debating on upgrading the horn to a nautilus and maaaaybe putting in an HID headlight.
    Ride: 2007 Agility 125 shown here: http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2
  • 04-18-2009 07:21 AM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

eemichael83:
    Hello, new to the forum. I stumbled on this when trying to find something for my Agility. I bought my agility last year and it came with a 2 yr warranty: http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2 I agree that it is a VERY good entry level scooter and perfect if you are riding on 45mph or slower roads. Even 55mph roads are ok. I was planning on upgrading the tail light to High Output LED lights from say www.superbrightleds.com so it will be more obvious when I'm stopping. Sometimes I slow down and drivers will get a little close on my rear. I'm also debating on upgrading the horn to a nautilus and maaaaybe putting in an HID headlight.

You can't really stop them being up your bum, but I can recommend the Stebel horns.  You will find that because the sound so loud, they make you seem like a larger vehicle, and cars always take notice of trucks :)  For under $50 they are a great investment, and will be a valuable addition to your Agility.  Seeing as you use mph, I am assuming you are not in Australia, that's cool, but you have to tell us where haha!

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 04-24-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

Hey thanks for the info on the horn! You are correct about not being in Australia... i'm in the US. For anyone interested, I recently decided to instal an HID projector headlight. I'm NOT just swapping out the halogen bulb with an HID Xenon bulb... I will actually be retrofitting a projector in there. I might not be able to fit the projector in the original headlight housing though because I think that the projector with the ignitor connected might be a bit long. I wont know for certain until I get it, but another option I'm looking at is making a bracket and mounting it just above the front fender. I will be installing an original Infiniti FX35 projector headlight with OEM ballast and bulb (not sure if the vehicle is under a different make or model in Australia). I will take plenty of pics. I'm not sure how 'pretty' it will turn out but I'm more concerned about getting better lighting on the road so I can see and others can see me.
    Ride: 2007 Agility 125 shown here: http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au