Scooter
Community

are you being avoided

Last post 08-20-2009 08:02 PM by pillionp. 41 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2009 04:46 PM In reply to

Re: are you being avoided

tea is good

ive gotta admit i like the extra caffiene hit from a cup of coffee though

dont get struck by a truck
  • 08-20-2009 04:49 PM In reply to

I must admit i have one mug of coffee a day . Rode 71ks each way today to meet the wife for a coffee

• 08-20-2009 05:46 PM In reply to

scooterman:

at times i go to my local shopping centre and because i cant fit my helmet in my scoot i carry it .i

dont trust anyone here where i live

.but when i go in i get people looking at me like im some big bad bikey .

but  i am nothing of the sort .have you ever felt this way at all?

Hi Scooterman,

I find that if people respond at all, it is more often than not in an interested & friendly manner. They ask me about riding in general or special features of scooters compared with motorbikes. But maybe it is dependent on the area where the shops are situated -- I don't know.

Mack Truck
  • 08-20-2009 05:53 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

pyrah:

I must admit i have one mug of coffee a day . Rode 71ks each way today to meet the wife for a coffee

I ride 75kms to get asked "Where is my coffee?' my 3 guys!

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 08-20-2009 06:19 PM In reply to

ColdCola:

scooterman:

at times i go to my local shopping centre and because i cant fit my helmet in my scoot i carry it .i

dont trust anyone here where i live

.but when i go in i get people looking at me like im some big bad bikey .

but  i am nothing of the sort .have you ever felt this way at all?

Hi Scooterman,

I find that if people respond at all, it is more often than not in an interested & friendly manner. They ask me about riding in general or special features of scooters compared with motorbikes. But maybe it is dependent on the area where the shops are situated -- I don't know.

yeah i get the interested looks and people ask me about my bike .and most people think its only a 50cc because they think scooters are all 50cc

but when i tell them its a 125cc they are very suprised.

one time i  put my alarm on as i hopped off my bike and some dero turned to me and said it sounds like a budgie.

and my comment was i can assure mate its faster then a budgie. 

i get mixed comments but lke previous posters on the topic i have found people see me carrying the helmet and associate me with bad things cause i wear black my bike is matt black as is my boots,helmet.and jacket

brisvegas resident
  • 08-20-2009 06:29 PM In reply to

Try wearing colours, people respond to you better although kids still stick their fingers in their ears when you're about to start the bike up. Until they hear the purr then the bright-eyed smile returns. Wink

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 08-20-2009 07:14 PM In reply to

I also find when wearing my Ulysses club gear people are more likely to talk to me

• 08-20-2009 07:18 PM In reply to

pyrah:

I also find when wearing my Ulysses club gear people are more likely to talk to me

i just put 2 and together pyrah and realised something your a member of ulyses that means your 50 or over am i right lololo

brisvegas resident
  • 08-20-2009 07:28 PM In reply to

You can join as a Junior at 40 ( silver badge ) then you become a Senior member ( gold badge ) at 50 . In the latest club magazine a member was just presented with is 90 year old badge  

• 08-20-2009 07:33 PM In reply to

thats great  pyrah .so does the 90 year old ride or just ride pillion in a sidecar or something

brisvegas resident
  • 08-20-2009 07:36 PM In reply to

• mate
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 52

scooterman:

yeah i get the interested looks and people ask me about my bike .and most people think its only a 50cc because they think scooters are all 50cc

but when i tell them its a 125cc they are very suprised.

Heh. Being a "girl" I get these condescending looks when I say I ride a scooter. If the other person then bothers to ask what I ride, I get impressed looks at "Vespa" and surprised looks at "250cc".

I love it. Cool

Vicki. :-)
    DistinctiveWeb: Professional Web Design and Development http://www.distinctiveweb.com.au
    blog: http://www.vickisvapours.com
  • 08-20-2009 08:02 PM In reply to

scooterman:

thats great  pyrah .so does the 90 year old ride or just ride pillion in a sidecar or something

There's a guy who often rides with Atomic in Canberra & he is 85-86 years young & also a member of Ulysses. He mentioned that he is trying to pip the 90 year old for his badge! Apparently the 90 year old guy has had to give up actual riding. Our guy still rides, often an MP3 (or whatever the other 3-wheeler is called, Fuocco?) on long trips or on shorter trips, I see him on a red 250GTS. He did say it's pretty hard to keep his licence going, as with a bike you have to re-test every year & if you fail the P-test you automatically lose your licence (I think it's a bit more lenient with a car licence).

Proud owner of a beautiful blue Derbi Rambla, still not sold on a name... Need suggestions!
Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au