Scooter
Community

Firenze belt replacement

Last post 06-03-2015 05:15 PM by Oliver. 39 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2009 07:26 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Firenze belt replacement.

Service@SelectScootas:

In saying all that If you want to maintain your warranty beyond any doubt it is best to a; get it serviced when your little book say's so

b; Use genuine parts

c; maintain a good service history(in that little book)

d; replace all parts at said intervals .

Mind you there is a HD 200 that was presented to a service center this week for it's 1st service,12mnths old, with 25,000 k's on the clock.

So what genuine parts need changing at a routine service??? as all consumables are not covered by a warranty. The important thing on a routine service is the oil and a close inspection of the bike, unfortunately the inspection is not covered under warranty LOL

Like i said, if a genuine part requires changing in the warranty period its covered so there is no concern about the cost except the mark up in the labour charge.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 09-28-2009 11:43 AM In reply to

Re: Firenze belt replacement.

niks:

So what genuine parts need changing at a routine service??? as all consumables are not covered by a warranty. The important thing on a routine service is the oil and a close inspection of the bike, unfortunately the inspection is not covered under warranty LOL

Like i said, if a genuine part requires changing in the warranty period its covered so there is no concern about the cost except the mark up in the labour charge.

Not to sure what your trying to ask but the parts that require changing in acordance with the servicing would be things like air cleaner, rollers and belt.

• 11-12-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

Personal i have done the sums, i own a bolwell / sym legrande / joyride and i was paying up to $320 for a simple service in adelaide at show and go. A new drive belt cost $250 plus labor, when i started questioning the charges i got the " we are the only authorised dealer in adelaide where else are you going to go attitude.) so i looked at servicing the bike myself with aftermarlet parts (drive belt $120 fitting free) and taking the risk on the warranty. I worked out that with the money i saved from paying those wankers to service the bike, i could buy a whole new scooter after 4 years ( the normal warranty period.) So the warranty crap isnt really valid its just a money making scheme for gold diggers.

By the way i had a lot of trouble with show and go in adelaide and i would steer anyone well clear of them a new sym dealer has opened in adelaide cityskoots.com which i havent tried personally yet but may be worth a go if you have a sym or need parts in adelaide.

Cost of paying to have it serviced

$320 x 3 times a year (3000km)
    $550 (average) major service.

$120 2 x new rear tyres (they only install continentals rather then a better tyre)

$350 new drive belt plus fitting.

Yearly cost $2100

Doing it myself

$20 x 3 times a year (3000km)
    $120 (average) major service.

$120 new rear tyre (i use maxxis tyres and only need 1 a year)

$120 new drive belt.

Yearly cost $420

saving over 4 years ($6729) price of a new scooter ($5877)

obviously theres always some ancillary things you need but you get an idea of the cost savings. I think the servicing charges are exorbitant due to show and go being the only authorised sym dealer in adelaide before the new store in the city.

• 11-13-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

scooterman3:

A new drive belt cost $250 plus labor, .

$350 new drive belt plus fitting.

While $250 + fitting is way to expensive (RRP of gen belt is $120)

$350 + is crazzzzzzy, When was this?

• 11-13-2009 11:55 AM In reply to

sorry as per my first paragraph cost was $250 + fitting, 350 was typo

Thanks!!

• 11-13-2009 12:32 PM In reply to

In your post you say City Skoots is new they have been there years . Will be the dealer in SA for the LML star .   Welcome to the forum scooterman3 glad you like Show & Go my daughter lives just down the road from them been in the shop but haven't bought anything there 

• 04-05-2013 08:04 PM In reply to

Re: Firenze belt replacement

Sorry for digging up an oldie.

There is mention that the Genuine Sym belt retails for +$170. No one in this whole thread has speculated wether the belt is actually made by Sym or is handed of to a third party to manufacture to Sym's specifications.

If it is Sym, $170 seems excessive for a Chinese made belt.

My Honda 250's Genuine belt will cost $176 at any Honda Dealer. The belt is manufactured by Bando, Japan. There was a mention in an earier post about how we get ripped by local dealers, and i agree,,,,,, sometimes.

For those willing to spend hours on the computer sourcing parts (me), bargains can be had. Its not easy going and not for the faint hearted. That local belt ($176) i talked about, i can get for less than half the price, delivered to my door,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and yes, Genuine.

Shayne

I love Asian........................Scooters, particully Honda. 1st Scooter, Nss 250 01,,, 2nd Scooter Nss 250X 07...............
  • 04-05-2013 09:14 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Sym Firenze Belt is seem bit expensive , but expensive , but it a 250cc motor , GPS imports has got alternative Sym Firenze belt ,have a look on their website .

• 04-06-2013 08:37 PM In reply to

This is a link to the forums's sponsors

http://www.scooteraccessories.com.au/spare-parts-3522/sym-1b01hma01-drive-belt.aspx

Reduce your costs by learning to do these things yourself.

My belt costs over $200, so I'm lucky I can change it myself.

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
  • 06-03-2015 05:15 PM In reply to

• Oliver
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-24-2013
    • Adelaide
    • Posts 16

Old post I know, but I would like to also express I have had difficulties with Show and Go in Adelaide. Poor communication and they seem to want to charge you for everything possible!

SYM VS 150
Page 3 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au