Scooter
Community

x9 500 first impressions

Last post 10-13-2007 08:39 PM by gerbi. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2007 10:15 PM

• flasho
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 116

x9 500 first impressions

Wow how cool is this, I get to be the first to review my new scoot the Piaggio X9 500cc scooter, [ Black ]  I've had it only a week but so far I think I made the right choice, took me about 4 or 5 months of research before I decided on this model, started with the 50cc models and just seemed to go up from there? in my travels I noticed too many guys struggling with low powered scooters which swayed me to look at maxis, this is my first scooter as all my previous rides have been motorcycles, I was worried if I could get used to this form of ride and I'm really pleased to say the transition is barely noticable, back to the x9, the ride is silky smooth and the drivers position is super comfortable, almost a laid back cruiser style when my feet are in the up forward position, the turning / steering is something else, very smooth and precise, the power is awsome as you would expect a 500cc to be, the instuments keep me informed about what the bike is doing all the time, the built in radio is super cool !!!!  through the two supplied head sets that came with the scoot, I haven't tried the rider / passenger intercom as yet but will soon, I have an injured back through a work accident years ago so the electric center stand is a god send, I now wonder how I ever did without this mod, the brakes are good but will get better as they wear in, I cant get over the power this things got, leaves everybody back at the lights on take off if I want, no car hero hoon's gunna run this little black duck over because of being to slow when the light turns green, I have read a lot of negative stuff of this model from the electric dash failing to blown engines and a heap of other stuff, but most of it seems from the earlier first units, all the resent articles seem to praise it's merit's so I hope all the bugs may have been ironed out of it now, well there you go, this review is not too involved but my first impressions after one week, did I mention how much grunt it has? or how comfy it is? LOL ...... and remember...lets be careful out there....... cheers till next post.    

• 10-10-2007 06:10 PM In reply to

• gerbi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 20

Re: x9 500 first impressions

Hi.

I've been riding the 250cc version for the past 3 years and I could not be happier. I'm looking to upgrade though as I'd like a bit more "grunt".

Enjoy your ride.

Cheers:-) 

• 10-10-2007 10:20 PM In reply to

• flasho
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 116

Hi, what brand and model were you thinking of for your next scoot ?........Pete.

• 10-11-2007 11:03 AM In reply to

• gerbi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 20

x9-500-Black-Beast:

Hi, what brand and model were you thinking of for your next scoot ?........Pete.

Hi Pete.

I'm considering the Gilera Nexus 500 but I've seen the new Yamaha T-Max at the Perth Show and it looks pretty good too.

I did ride a Kymco as well back in Europe and their new Xciting 500 looks good too and apparently the introductory price is $7999 plus on road costs 

Gilera has just launched the GP800 in Italy so I'd love to see if it will be imported next year.

So as you can see I have not made up my mind yet!

Cheers. 

• 10-11-2007 01:20 PM In reply to

• Keeper75
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 627

I had a quick look at a Bug Xciting today and I was impressed. I didn't have the time to ride it but I did like what I saw.

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
  • 10-11-2007 06:07 PM In reply to

• gerbi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 20

If you do test it it'd be great to have feedback since at $7999 it's a really good price for a 500cc.

Cheers:-)

• 10-12-2007 02:49 PM In reply to

• Keeper75
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 627

The only problem with testing it is that I may want to buy it! I'd then need to provide a business case examining the costs and benifits of the purchase to 'The Boss' in triplicate. Typical approval time is 18 months.

A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
  • 10-13-2007 08:39 PM In reply to

• gerbi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-10-2007
    • Posts 20

If "The Boss" is the wife try jewellery as a sweetener...after 20 years in the trade is the only thing that works for me!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au