Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

Garry's New Toy

Last post 11-30-2009 03:52 PM by steve@ace. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2009 03:24 PM

• GarryL
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-29-2008
    • Hornsby, NSW
    • Posts 173

Garry's New Toy

Two settings, see short clips below, about 2 minutes each

High Definition big files, about 2GB to the hour

or

Standard Definition, about half the above but changes the field of view & obviously drops picture quality

Will post more videos as the computing power allows, need to upgrade the compute to do any sensible editig

• 11-29-2009 03:31 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Re: Garry's New Toy

Wow, I've seen them online from the USA. The only HD helmet cam!!! Please post some footage, even lower res YouTube stuff so I can take a look. Well done, they get great reviews.
    DOZER.
  • 11-29-2009 03:37 PM In reply to

• GarryL
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-29-2008
    • Hornsby, NSW
    • Posts 173

Hi Dozer

There are links in the above to a couple of short clips

Cannot do much editing as computer is not up to the job

The HD footage is very good though, even the SD is fine

Will post footage links when I get some interesting stuff

At the moment i am recording my commuting to try & get some intereting "moments" for survive the ride

• 11-29-2009 08:10 PM In reply to

very interesting  the SD version on my computer was clear but jerky The HD was really good . It will certainly be brilliant for recording rides

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 11-29-2009 09:02 PM In reply to

Really good videos Garry. Filter heaven the SD was really good viewing. Could really tell where you were looking. Head checks and stuff.

Riding through the two lanes of traffic looks more scary on the video than actually doing it.

Weird for me to was the absence of a wind screen.

I look forward to seeing more of your videos.

• 11-30-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

• Kiwiscoot
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Christchurch, New Zealand
    • Posts 175

what make and model is the camera? Great videos and I notice you are a very observant rider. Good on ya.Yes

Kiwiscoot
    2008 Xingyue XY150T-5100kms of fun. Gone.
    2008 SYM Citycom 300i 47000+kms, was a blast!! Sold now
    2006 Vespa GTS250ie
    In the market need scoot will do 190kph, 3l/100km, 20 000km service intervals,under $10 000, dual purpose to explore back country - where is it?! sigh!
  • 11-30-2009 12:14 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Excellent quality camera Garry. Much better than the stuff I posted through utube. Photobucket seems that its worth a try but my mac wouldn't read the format, only the pc. You could put a music track on it to get rid of the wind noise. Its funny that the traffic looks quite hairy through the lens and the speed seems magnified. We needed you yesterday up Macquarie pass, that would be a great 10 minute clip. or the Old Pacific Hwy on a weekend with all the sports bikes cutting through.Try getting an external harddrive to put your video footage on to free up the computer. Excellent new toy.

Pete

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 11-30-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

• GarryL
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-29-2008
    • Hornsby, NSW
    • Posts 173

Hi Kiwiscoot

The camera is Vholdr contour HD http://www.adventurecamshq.com.au/d10/contour-hd/

The footage when played on the computer is awesome, not quite as good when uploaded to the net

I am going to try to free up space on my computer to try some editing

The clips I put up so far were really only to show the difference in quality between HD & SD, but yes need to dump the wind noise

Let the fun commence

• 11-30-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

This is a thread and some footage that I was playing around with earlier in the year

http://scootercommunity.com.au/forums/t/8400.aspx?PageIndex=1

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 11-30-2009 01:44 PM In reply to

• Kiwiscoot
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Christchurch, New Zealand
    • Posts 175

GarryL:

<<snip>>

The clips I put up so far were really only to show the difference in quality between HD & SD, but yes need to dump the wind noise

Let the fun commence

Very impressive.

I found a few layers of gaffa tape/100mph cloth tape over the microphone of my digital video camera cuts out the high frequency (wind) noise, but let the lower frequencies (engine/exhaust) noise through.

Kiwiscoot
    2008 Xingyue XY150T-5100kms of fun. Gone.
    2008 SYM Citycom 300i 47000+kms, was a blast!! Sold now
    2006 Vespa GTS250ie
    In the market need scoot will do 190kph, 3l/100km, 20 000km service intervals,under $10 000, dual purpose to explore back country - where is it?! sigh!
  • 11-30-2009 02:27 PM In reply to

I've got one of these -though not the HD version.  Can you do a check for me and check the quality of the camera for picking up car license plates?  My standard definition one isn't quite good enough to discern unless you are right up close and personal (which is no good).  The other thing that I reckon would be useful would be to have the ability to plug in a microphone that you could have inside your helmet so that you could provide commentary.  The external one is somewhat pointless as the windnoise is simply intolerable - but it would be good to hear how Kiwis suggestion affects things.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 11-30-2009 02:45 PM In reply to

• GarryL
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-29-2008
    • Hornsby, NSW
    • Posts 173

Hi Steve

You need to be within about 10m to read a license plate & in line

There is no obvious microphone on the camera & no where to plug in an external mike

Just have to dub something over afterwards

• 11-30-2009 03:52 PM In reply to

GarryL:

Hi Steve

You need to be within about 10m to read a license plate & in line

There is no obvious microphone on the camera & no where to plug in an external mike

Just have to dub something over afterwards

10m sounds pretty good.  That way if you see the fuckwit on their mobile phone, you can get their number plate before coming up next to them and get a good picture of their guilty face.  Mind you, it might be better to move the mounting onto the LHS like mine is...

Yeah - there's the internal microphone, but why bother?  To be able to plug in a small boom one would be great. Maybe next version...

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au