Scooter
Community

Yamaha Beewee 100 Modification

Last post 01-11-2011 05:54 PM by princephilip09. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2010 01:07 PM

Yamaha Beewee 100 Modification

Hi, I bought a Yamaha Beewee 100cc scooter last year and love it. But now i want it to have better performance. I have about $600 to spend. Any ideas.

• 02-06-2010 01:26 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Re: Yamaha Beewee 100 Modification

Get a pipe and variator. Don't overlook replacing the tyres with slicker ones too.
    DOZER.
  • 02-07-2010 07:23 PM In reply to

Thanks very much. I checked out the article at scooter HQ and said a similar thing. I'll probably do it, but need to find a stockist for the pipe in NZ. The guy at our scooter shop suggested a high speed pulley kit and a pipe. I have not read anything about high speed pulley kits. Are the any good on a Bee Wee?

• 02-09-2010 07:13 PM In reply to

elsiecat:
    I have not read anything about high speed pulley kits.

Replacement pulley kits (or even just heavier rollers to start) are great for two things - making you feel like you're going faster, and stressing the rest of your drive train. Good fun though! Everyone needs to try one once... Do it! Neko.

Filed under:
  • 02-09-2010 08:49 PM In reply to

• waxhead
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • gold coast
    • Posts 882

Heavy rollers will not make you go faster unless some one has been playing with your bike and put in far to light rollers

• 02-10-2010 07:33 PM In reply to

Hi thanks for the replies. Kuroneko, it sounds like pulley kits are not the best option from your point of view. What would you suggest?

• 02-10-2010 08:20 PM In reply to

elsiecat:
    What would you suggest?

It depends what you want to experience! A pulley kit - different profile, and heavier rollers - will give you faster acceleration, and a carbon belt will further increase the experience of snapping on the throttle. Even a small 50 will pop the front wheel with these mods. Some recommend using a standard belt as it has a bit of slack, and though not as wicked on the take-up, does allow a little give to relieve some drive train stress.

Heavy rollers by themselves can be an easy mod too, and will give faster acceleration over standard as they snap out faster, pulling the cone in, and grabbing the drive belt a little faster. Rad profile pullies, and heavier rollers wear faster as they are doing more work. Expect a shorter lifespan over OEM kit accordingly.

New pulley kit - JPY4800.

Depending on how rad, bearings and other parts can also be over-stressed. Rejetting, low-resistance intake, with a new exhaust makes alot more noise, and can be fun too, but generally this mod only gives a slight top-end increase in speed. Perhaps 5 or 10km/h typically. Assuming you're already derestricted that is.

JPY12,000

You can also get a remapped BW's control box to change a few things too:

JPY9000.

As always, there is no substitute for cubic capacity, and a quick look indicates the BW's likes a 117.2cc bore-up kit. Bore-up kits are great, but again expect bottom end bearings and other similar bits in the way of all that power to fail earlier as well.

117.2cc

JPY12,000

Unless you can feel your back-end sliding out under cornering, I would not be bothered with stickier tires. Good to brag about, but unless you're a regular Valentino (which you might be of course) spend the money on something else. Provided you do not expect OEM lifespan, economy, or no trouble with the police, then you can have a lot of fun.

See ya! Neko.

Filed under:
  • 02-17-2010 12:12 PM In reply to

First stop is to go a variator with the BeeWee, eliminates the lag off the mark. Then add pipe.

BeeWee 100 is a small port engine so you need to decide how far you want to go, pipe & variator keep it all reliable & economical. Big bore kits, carbs & the rest of it will make it go quite well but at the expense of being easy to live with day to day.

It's one of those scooters where you need to be clear in the direction you want to take.

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 08-27-2010 11:22 AM In reply to

Kuroneko:

It depends what you want to experience! A pulley kit - different profile, and heavier rollers - will give you faster acceleration, and a carbon belt will further increase the experience of snapping on the throttle. Even a small 50 will pop the front wheel with these mods. Some recommend using a standard belt as it has a bit of slack, and though not as wicked on the take-up, does allow a little give to relieve some drive train stress.

Heavy rollers by themselves can be an easy mod too, and will give faster acceleration over standard as they snap out faster, pulling the cone in, and grabbing the drive belt a little faster. Rad profile pullies, and heavier rollers wear faster as they are doing more work. Expect a shorter lifespan over OEM kit accordingly.

Unless you can feel your back-end sliding out under cornering, I would not be bothered with stickier tires. Good to brag about, but unless you're a regular Valentino (which you might be of course) spend the money on something else. Provided you do not expect OEM lifespan, economy, or no trouble with the police, then you can have a lot of fun.

See ya! Neko.

Hi Neko!

Just wondering, do all of those parts for the new BWS125 from Japan fit the YW100?

I've noticed that there are some distinct layout differences... I love the new rear brake lights!

• 01-11-2011 05:54 PM In reply to

Hi. I'm Philip from Melbourne, Australia and i own a Beewee. I have been reading your posts and saw the picture of the pulley kit you posted, do you know where i can buy that kit? Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au