Scooter
Community

Got my Leo Vince pipe today

Last post 04-12-2010 07:45 AM by coffeescoffer. 38 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2010 11:01 PM

Got my Leo Vince pipe today

Awesome!!!, I got some wierd looks riding home because I couldn't stop smiling

Gavin
  • 03-24-2010 11:04 PM In reply to

Re: Got my Leo Vince pipe today

Have you fitted it yet ?

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 03-25-2010 02:08 AM In reply to

Yep, but didnt put it on myself

Gavin
  • 03-25-2010 11:41 AM In reply to

• marc2131
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Inner West, Sydney
    • Posts 109

I was told one has to retune the engine when a higher performance exhaust is put in.

Scoot when my legs are too tired from cycling.
    2006 Aprilia Mojito 125cc.
  • 03-25-2010 02:52 PM In reply to

If the scoot has EFI it will automatically adjust...

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 03-25-2010 03:35 PM In reply to

ROFL isn't it amazing! Yes the scoot loses a little in it's midrange BUT this is easily compensated for the take off, the purr & the look. Oh wow that look! Cool

All GTS250ies should come out of the shop with these things fitted as standard IMHO Yes

So when is the Doze going to finally bite the bullet & outlay the cash? come ON Doze, you know you'll never be happy until you do it! Wink

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 03-25-2010 05:29 PM In reply to

Big Smile Me thinks Dozer as other things to buy at the moment Big Smile A lot of bikes / scooters with EFI after you change the exhaust disconnect the battery for a minute so as to reset the fuel mapping for the new exhaust

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 03-25-2010 08:53 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

I've just sold off some stuff in my shed that wasn't being used, and my lovely mother in law has payed for the pram. I've got the funds to get the pipe Scootanut. Just deciding if I'll support the Aussie industry, or go direct to scooterwest. Hmmmm. I sure loved the LV4R on the GT200, and no doubt the GTS would be enhanced. You mention slight lagging in the mid range? I wonder if a mallosi variator would correct that, since it's stated to improve mid range.... Perhaps I do both?
    DOZER.
  • 03-26-2010 09:52 AM In reply to

Funny you should say that. Thats what I'm doing on my fuoco. Parts have started to arrive. I got them from Scootertrap in USA as it worked out a lot cheaper. Even the guy at my local scooter shop said to import the bits. So worth checking.

Previously many road/trail bikes
    Honda Spacy , Scarabeo 200
    Hyundai Rally 100, Scarabeo 500
    MP3 250, Hyosung gv650
    Fuoco, Bonniville
    Piaggio Fly 125
    Scarabeo 500ie (2010)
    Piaggio Fly 150ie (2012)+
    Suzuki Boulevard M50
    http://www.coffeescoffer.com
    http://tastag.coffeescoffer.com (forum)
  • 03-26-2010 11:30 AM In reply to

Its hard to tell if there is any performance difference (GTS250) because your never sure how much of it is psychological, but the enjoyment is much greater because you can hear the burble as you cruise along and the blurt as you accelerate out of corners which is somehow comforting. It feels like you are more connected to the machine . I would recommend it to anyone considering upgrading. Good luck if you can source it overseas and save a few dollars, but if the price difference is minimal I prefer to go through a dealer because its good to support the local economy and its much easier to deal with someone face to face.
    Gavin
  • 03-26-2010 02:40 PM In reply to

I prefer to call it the purr & growl, but yes I agree in all other instances Wink

To be honest I didn't think it had gained anything at takeoff, infact may have lost something, but having ridden with others on comparable scooters I'm not so sure. Unless my reaction times are just quicker perhaps.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 03-26-2010 03:05 PM In reply to

• marc2131
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Inner West, Sydney
    • Posts 109

Guvnor77

If u dont mind me asking; how much did u pay for it and is it easy to install it yourself?

Scoot when my legs are too tired from cycling.
    2006 Aprilia Mojito 125cc.
  • 03-26-2010 05:59 PM In reply to

• jrevis
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2009
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 387

I have been using SIP scooter shop in Germany for the last year or so for all sorts of parts for Vespa and an Aerox I owned.The site lists every thing in English and prices everything in $AUD.I just had a look and they are charging $373 for the LV pipe and $66 freight using Fedex.

I actually bought the stainless Scorpion pipe for my GTS250 and am really happy with it and that was around $330 + freight.Good throaty sound under acceleration but very civilised when on a steady speed.I was worried it would be too loud for the neighbours because I leave for work before 6am,but no problems.

I've had four or five packages from them and around a week for delivery is about average.

Also, I think that when you do the exhaust you should change to a slightly easier breathing air filter.I got the Malossi red sponge for about $11.

It just replaces the standard foam one in the original airbox.I'm still to chicken to go to a full pod filter and the Malossi sponge keeps everything looking stock.Smile

Jason

PS: the SIP website is so easy to use and to find things that I always end up buying way more than I intend to.Don't say I didn't warn youWink

PX200
    BMW g650gs
  • 03-26-2010 07:39 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Check out PM Tuning in the UK for the Leo Vince too- the Pound is being ponded at the moment, so the conversion works in our favour.  Myself, I ordered the PM 68 pipe.  Should be here any day now!!  Another useful site is Vespaspares.co.uk, good for random bits like badges as well as consumables, if you can navigate their arcane diagrams.

As for supporting local, well i'm all for that- but it takes a free market to keep the locals honest.  What if it is cheaper to have it delivered from Europe?  The economics of that are simple...

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 03-28-2010 02:22 PM In reply to

fluffy:

As for supporting local, well i'm all for that- but it takes a free market to keep the locals honest. 

Yep that's for sure, but you also have to decide whether you want a local industry or not.  Unfortunately us dealers don't set the RRPs, so whilst it will almost undoubtably be cheaper to get them directly from Europe or the States, then you might find in future that there are fewer and fewer places to get your machine serviced by knowledgeable, enthusiastic people.

But that's the thing about the free market economy, it unfortunately favours the big at the expense of the small. Which is great when you are talking product, but when you start considering service....   Just remember to consider that Australia is a small market which costs more to support, and to run a business in.  This is by no means a whine - this industry has a large number of dishonest players who don't deserve to be in business, but they'll be the ones left when the good local business's aren't supported.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au