Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 1 of 31 (456 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2010 05:40 PM

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Life to the T MAX!

I went and bought a 2nd hand T Max today! A 2006 model Black Max first registered in Oct 2007. Its got the 14" front wheel and the steel frame but I bought it anyway. Less than 1,600ks on the clock. Unbelievable! Just rode 200ks home on it!  Jeeze Louise what a beautiful machine!  Really a 2 cylinder 500cc twist and go sports bike dressed up like a scooter. It handles sooooo nicely. Very low centre of gravity beautiful through the twisties, wonderful acceleration, and yes it easily pulls 160k/h at just over 7000rpm and red lines at 8000. Also is the best looking of the maxi's by far. Not much storage and a noisy windshield but who gives a damn, not this little black duck. The T MAX is the penultimate scooter. Anyone want to buy a Suzuki DR 650se Chook Chaser??

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-15-2010 05:42 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Re: Went and bought a T MAX!

The T MAX has to be the most exciting scooter Ive ever ridden. ps The top box is going!

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 05-15-2010 06:03 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Indifferent Indifferent Indifferent Indifferent Indifferent Indifferent

I turn my back for 5 minutes and this is what happens Hmm

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-15-2010 06:10 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

oh... and I will allow you to bring Brutus to Snowy Stick out tongue

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-15-2010 06:15 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Jax:

oh... and I will allow you to bring Brutus to Snowy Stick out tongue

Wild horses couldnt keep me away!

• 05-15-2010 06:31 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Pete, I approve, and agree, ditch the case man. Well done. Can't wait to see it in person.
    DOZER.
  • 05-15-2010 06:32 PM In reply to

Nice Yes

• 05-15-2010 06:59 PM In reply to

that's a seriously nice looking piece of equipment Pete. I'm so glad you're ditching "that thing"!

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 05-15-2010 07:37 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Scooternut:

that's a seriously nice looking piece of equipment Pete.

I cant tell you how good this T MAX rides.  It totally re defines scooters.  Its big but its not a barge, it handles perfectly through the twisties dropping low and holding its line like its on rails, its got massive acceleration especially up mountains, There is a whole band of speed over 130k/h which I havn't really got into. Its just really nice on the open road. The 40hp 500 twin redlines just over 8000rpm. It will sit on 100k/h at 5000rpm, 160k/h at 7000rpm (very briefly just to see and there was another 1000rpms still in it) I was told by a couple of friends that the post 08 model was the best coz of the alloy frame and the 15" front wheel but I cant find fault with the pre 08 model with the steel frame and the 14" front wheel. Anyone who's serious about open road scootering should throw their leg over one and give it a testride. Amazing.

• 05-16-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

petegailey:

I went and bought a 2nd hand T Max today! A 2006 model Black Max first registered in Oct 2007. Its got the 14" front wheel and the steel frame but I bought it anyway. Less than 1,600ks on the clock. Unbelievable! Just rode 200ks home on it!  Jeeze Louise what a beautiful machine!  Really a 2 cylinder 500cc twist and go sports bike dressed up like a scooter. It handles sooooo nicely. Very low centre of gravity beautiful through the twisties, wonderful acceleration, and yes it easily pulls 160k/h at just over 7000rpm and red lines at 8000. Also is the best looking of the maxi's by far. Not much storage and a noisy windshield but who gives a damn, not this little black duck. The T MAX is the penultimate scooter. Anyone want to buy a Suzuki DR 650se Chook Chaser??

Congratulations, Pete! Have a great time on the TMax!

Mack Truck
  • 05-16-2010 08:29 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Pete we need to talk ........

Nice looking scoot mate and love the polished wheels , nice model. Bet you picked it up for a steel as well, these things drop quicker then an anchor from new RRP.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 05-16-2010 10:02 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Cool [H] Re: Went and bought a T MAX!

Big Smile    Yes Congratuations on your Yamaha T-Max 500cc , They are truly are very awesome maxi scooter.  Riding between motorcycle / scooter handling.

• 05-16-2010 10:18 PM In reply to

• miketl
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-08-2007
    • Kingston, Southern Tassie
    • Posts 755

petegailey:
    I went and bought a 2nd hand T Max today! A 2006 model Black Max first registered in Oct 2007

Congratulations on such a great find, petegailey.  The T Max is certainly a move away from the classic look and shows what scooters are capable of.  Enjoy.

Riding an 08 Vespa PX 200, and a 2012 Harley Sportster 883 Superlow
    previously big red Audrey an Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, an Aprilia Scarabeo 200, and originally a Suzuki F50 Step-through
  • 05-16-2010 10:38 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Today I took it up the Old Pacific Hwy to Woy Woy and back. Another 200ks. The Blackmax just keeps on getting better and better.  Getting about 20ks/litre. Better than anything Ive ever ridden through the tight twisties, blistering acceleration up the mountain. The exhaust has a nice meaty throb, the twin cylinders sound like a jetski when I open it up, quite different than a single. Put the proper tyre pressure in and it grips the road like glue but the really amazing thing about this super scooter is its balance. It is so easy to put through a corner with the acceleration to power out. Im gobsmacked. The 14" front wheel of the older model doesnt seem to phase it. Its probably too big to filter efficently which is why I wont bother to commute with it but as far as the open road is concerned I dont really think scooters get much better than this.

• 05-17-2010 12:56 AM In reply to

interesting to read Pete!

I noticed on my ride of the Satelis the other day which has some special way of mounting the engine, which supposedly means it handles like a motorbike... anyways it was weird and freaky to not have the dash attached to the handlebars... did you find anything like that when you first got on??

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
Page 1 of 31 (456 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au