Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 29 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2016 07:03 AM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 47

Re: Life to the T MAX!

Good to hear you're ok HB.  ATGATT yes.

Wow Pyrah, that's quite a pic of that naked bike.  Yum! Devil  On that bike I'd go for a few cree LED light bars, one of them pointing dipped properly downards, & the other(s) for high beam = awesome! Big Smile

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

I check the SC when possible: please, no pm's or emails :)
  • 05-13-2016 10:41 AM In reply to

GP1er:

Good to hear you're ok HB.  ATGATT yes.

Wow Pyrah, that's quite a pic of that naked bike.  Yum! Devil  On that bike I'd go for a few cree LED light bars, one of them pointing dipped properly downards, & the other(s) for high beam = awesome! Big Smile

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

Thanks, Mick....... Perhaps i'm missing something due to lack of sleep but..... ATGATT???

I have often thought the headlight on that TMax build was an afterthought.   I know it was a tribute to the racers of old, hence the number plate on the front and I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the headlight was purely to allow them to ride it on road.   To be practical it would certainly need something more.   

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 05-13-2016 10:54 AM In reply to

All the gear all the time Geeked

• 05-14-2016 08:15 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Sorry to hear about your off HP, its always awful falling off. Can you still ride the Max? and if so, does it still ride straight if you take your hands off the bars? If the frame's still straight its worth rebuilding I guess, which brings up the B-bone option. I think I read somewhere the B-bone came out of Tokoyo, of throwing away broken fairings and not replacing them. When Ian stripped the fairing off Tonys GXR after a prang it looked seriously interesting, like the ultimate naked street fighter. Underneith every faring lies a naked B-bone.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 05-14-2016 08:42 PM In reply to

There was also the scooter chopper phase Big Smile

• 05-16-2016 12:31 PM In reply to

petegailey:

Sorry to hear about your off HP, its always awful falling off. Can you still ride the Max? and if so, does it still ride straight if you take your hands off the bars? If the frame's still straight its worth rebuilding I guess, which brings up the B-bone option. I think I read somewhere the B-bone came out of Tokoyo, of throwing away broken fairings and not replacing them. When Ian stripped the fairing off Tonys GXR after a prang it looked seriously interesting, like the ultimate naked street fighter. Underneith every faring lies a naked B-bone.

Yeah the bike is fine.  Damage was all superficial as I managed to basically glance off the front of the car rather than hit square on.  Most of the damage to the Max was caused by it falling on it's side rather than the impact on the car.  The car basically had some paint missing and a bent number plate.  

Hopefully my tech skills allow the picture attached to show up.  It's more just annoying damage.  She was in perfect condition and now it's going to have superficial scratches which is just frustrating.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 05-16-2016 04:01 PM In reply to

Well the main thing is that your ok and as for the max even someone as useless as me could maybe not fix it but could hide most of that damage with abit of effort Wink

• 05-16-2016 04:39 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Well the main thing is that your ok and as for the max even someone as useless as me could maybe not fix it but could hide most of that damage with abit of effort Wink

Thanks.   The hard part is all the stuff you can't see.  I got rid of all the blue bits with a cut polish.   It's the broken plastics that are the frustrating bit.  Also, can't really see it but the indicator is just sitting in there.  All the mounting tabs have snapped off. 

Other things like the muffler shroud now has a lovely scratch.  Or the bar ends that are now scratched up.  All little things, that we fine before, but now might not be.   Not sure if that type of thing will be covered by insurance.  

• 05-16-2016 09:10 PM In reply to

Insurance should cover all to make it the same as before the crash . No skin of their nose as will claim off driver or their insurance

• 05-16-2016 11:11 PM In reply to

• fluffy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-26-2009
    • Earlwood
    • Posts 241

Since I put my Renthal bars on I now have a set of bar ends sitting in my garage... So that's one less thing

Brad

Tmax, Naughty Kimmy.
    Mavis the Beverly, a feisty shunter, sold!
  • 05-17-2016 08:19 AM In reply to

Thats a nice move fluffy, 

But like pyrah said they will fix it,  As they should. !  And it will be just as nice as before

• 05-18-2016 12:09 PM In reply to

I have heard there are places that do plastic welding plus if the paintwork is scratched etc have it painted

riding for fun
  • 05-18-2016 01:43 PM In reply to

fluffy:

Since I put my Renthal bars on I now have a set of bar ends sitting in my garage... So that's one less thing

Thanks for the offer, Fluffy.  

I've just sent a query off to the shop to see how the repairs are going and whats actually being repaired.   Made mention that obviously anything cracked or broken needs to be replaced, but also said to them that I would expect things like bar ends  and even the exhaust shroud would be replaced as they were spotless before the accident and the impact on resale from gouges and scratches is huge.    Will wait and see what they say.... if that's not being repaired I'll be back onto my insurance and getting them back onto it. 

I've always kept great care of my bikes.   The TMax had one scuff where I foolishly forgot the pull in the mirrors heading into where I park it at home.  To have it in a lesser condition through no fault of my own is not on.   

• 05-18-2016 03:20 PM In reply to

Well, they are pretty good.

Just had a reply from them.  Anything that looked like it was damaged from the fall is being replaced.  Even a couple of things that I didnt think would be looked at. 

Very happy. 

• 05-18-2016 04:12 PM In reply to

Thats good news HB I'm happy to hear that mate Yes

Page 29 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au