Scooter
Community

Life to the T MAX!

Last post 06-30-2016 09:15 PM by fluffy. 455 replies.
Page 6 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2010 08:00 PM In reply to

• niks
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-22-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 1,114

Re: Life to the T MAX!

Being stopped for speeding is not about law its about illegal tax collecting as is the case for all victimless crimes.

Majesty YP 250 plus. "the way to go".
  • 07-10-2010 09:03 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

I had a perfect driving record for 40 years. After riding scooters for 2.5 years Im down to 6 points. Scooters have made me a bad bad boy.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 07-10-2010 09:18 PM In reply to

scooters do NOT make you a bad, bad boy. You were always a bad, bad boy just looking for an opportunity.

Just glad I'm no longer the only one wearing the embarrassment of having copped a speeding fine on a scooter. I was clocked doing 73 in a silly 50 zone with no houses or any other reason for the low speed limit. Fortunately the copper took pity on me, knocking enough off my top speed to halve the fine & demerit points.

What were you doing? Big Smile

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 07-11-2010 11:09 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Scooternut:

scooters do NOT make you a bad, bad boy. You were always a bad, bad boy just looking for an opportunity......

What were you doing? Big Smile

LOL. I was caught doing 120 on a 100k/h dual lane freeway, dry track, straight road, no traffic, had been 110k/h road for the last 80ks and was cruising in the zone and not thinking and got caught in a speed trap. $212, 3 points. Probably wouldnt have happened if I was on the Vespa but thems the breaks. Just gotta be more carefull coz my nest eggs of points are running down.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 07-13-2010 03:33 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Having a nice time over the last few days cruising around the Mid North Coast. Using the back roads rather than the rotten Hwy.

• 07-13-2010 03:34 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Yesterday went looking for some friends in the hills behind Macksville. Got totally lost trying to follow directions and ended up miles up a fire trail behind Bowraville. Blackmax handled the Dirt Rd ok and I didnt break down or fall over but I kept it pretty slow. Eventually found my way back into town again and then found the right road.

• 07-13-2010 03:40 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Staying with my folks at South West Rocks. The weather is warm but pretty gray but Im thinking I'll head back South tomorrow depending on the forecast. Blackmax is enjoying the touring and purrs along wonderfully. Getting better than 20k/l now that Im keeping to the speed limit. There are coppers everywhere especially on the Hwy so Im planning a back road run tomorrow. A few extra ks but more interesting I hope.

• 07-13-2010 10:27 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

petegailey:
    my nest eggs of points are running down.

I'll sell u some of mine Stick out tongue I still got all 12 Yes

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 07-14-2010 10:14 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Some pics from Blackmax's holiday

• 07-14-2010 10:16 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Rode back to Sydney today. The day started off cloudy with showers as I left South West Rocks which is where the Manning River meets the sea.

• 07-14-2010 10:24 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Didnt want to ride the Highway again so I peeled off at Taree and took the Buckets Way thru to Gloucester. This is a very pretty road that winds through the hinterland. The clouds had been blown away by strong icy winds off the mountains. The road ranges from great fast sections to some totally truckfucked bits. you never know what each corner is going to present but it was definately more enjoyable and challanging than the Hwy

• 07-14-2010 10:28 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Traffic was pretty minimal. It was just so scenic and I know why it is considered one of the great motorcycle roads of NSW

• 07-14-2010 10:32 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Stopped for a burger at Thunderbolts Cafe in Gloucester. The road heads west up to Walcha or south to Maitland via Dungog. I was heading south. Again the road is a mixture of good and bad stretches with some great twisties which have to be handled carefully

• 07-14-2010 10:36 PM In reply to

petegailey:
    I was caught doing 120 on a 100k/h dual lane freeway

That sucks Pete.

i was caught doing 124kph in 100 zone on way to snowy last week. Came up a hill in two lanes then it goes into one lane at the top. Had a people mover in left lane that i had to get passed so i did not run them into the dirt. Put my foot down and as i came over the rise the policeman was over the other side. Next time the people mover will hit the dirt.

Luckily, the lovely policeman listened to my story and booked me for 1 point and $90 instead of 4 points and $361.

Yellow Peugeot - Speedfight II 2006 - sold
    White Piaggio - X7 300 2010
  • 07-14-2010 10:39 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

The road to Maitland winds through the Hunter Valley. It was a beautiful run dispite the strong side winds and the wintery temps.

Page 6 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au