Scooter
Community

The new Honda PCX 125 Scooter raises the bar!

Last post 10-02-2012 02:37 AM by pyrah. 267 replies.
Page 8 of 18 (268 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2010 08:19 PM In reply to

Re: Nice Weather for Ducks..

Dealers charges are negotiable

• 09-21-2010 04:26 AM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

honda PCX 125 is a great scooter at a great Price point .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piaggio Fly 150 and lovin it.

• 09-21-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

I reckon that the only downside is that you have to buy one from a Honda dealer Stick out tongue

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-21-2010 11:28 AM In reply to

from QLD Transport website costs for 12 months reg on a scoot @ $3990

Registration fee 94.05
    Traffic improvement fee 47.15
    CTP insurance premium 284.00
    Duty (new registration) 120.00
    Plate fee 23.45
    ========
    Total fee ($) 568.65
    ========

• 09-21-2010 12:21 PM In reply to

iscooter1:

from QLD Transport website costs for 12 months reg on a scoot @ $3990

Registration fee 94.05
    Traffic improvement fee 47.15
    CTP insurance premium 284.00
    Duty (new registration) 120.00
    Plate fee 23.45
    ========
    Total fee ($) 568.65
    ========

Ouch!  Even expecting you won't pay duty next year, that's quite a bite for the CTP.  Over here CTP for a Fly 150 is just $134 (plus GST).

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 09-21-2010 04:50 PM In reply to

Ouch!! Indeed,
    If this was a budget priced scooter with a sale price of, say $2390 ride away the government and insurance companies would be receiving about 25-30% of the purchase price, that more than the dealer gets??? As it is they are getting about 16% on the honda       

• 09-24-2010 09:04 PM In reply to

• t2bitha
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Brisbane Suburbs
    • Posts 508

SteelMoon:

honda PCX 125 is a great scooter at a great Price point .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piaggio Fly 150 and lovin it.

Yes Great Price = Value for Money!

Well I have gotten about 120kms on the speedo now.  I think I have used about half the tank.

I came down the M1 during the cager crawl.  This is a total new experience for me, never commuted like that, even in the car, except the odd time.  I felt really confident on the PCX.  Followed a bike up the shoulder for a km or so, and got caught up, but easily moved thru the traffic, It kept up with the flow (maybe around 80kms) (think the usual 8 - 10kms discrepincy speedo)  I got a little nervous when the traffic flowed at 100 or so, but that was also the approch to the 110 zone. I hoped off there and came the service roads.  Then back in a hundred zone along smith st.  Speedo hit 100 easy, and it had been drizzling when I came to the end and lights, but everything performed how it should.  The headlight is great,

A really nice easy ride.  I think I a nice open road, this PCX will be a great mini tourer.  But around the city for those that need and enjoy getting thru the traffic easy & zippy will make it really easy to do.  I feel this is going to be a great loyal bike that I will be riding well for a long time.  I am going to be heading for a ride around the coast in the morning, and will maybe start a reveiw thread to keep you up to date.

35 000 scooting kms and beyond

www.facebook.com/VespadventuresInOz
  • 09-24-2010 09:12 PM In reply to

• t2bitha
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Brisbane Suburbs
    • Posts 508

and before some of you jump back on a whine that you could get a scooter for half that that will do the same things.  The Honda PCX will be like all the other Honda bikes I know friends own.  Still doing the same job in 5, 10, 20 years time.

35 000 scooting kms and beyond

www.facebook.com/VespadventuresInOz
  • 09-24-2010 09:20 PM In reply to

good review. Your scoot will still be doing the same when the cheaper ones have had engine rebuilds then gone to the great twisty road in the sky. You also have a good dealership to back you up for servicing & parts, although you can take it to any qualified mechanic.

I'm SO glad you've found a scoot you're so happy & impressed with. I'm just jealous & want one too. Big Smile

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 09-24-2010 09:42 PM In reply to

the honda pcx 125cc certainly raises my bar Embarrassed

• 09-24-2010 09:46 PM In reply to

What a fantastic scooter this Honda 125cc is. It is fast becoming the the cult scoot of its class. I'll have to test ride one one day. And compare it to the Italian SH series and the @125 and the Indian Lead. 

• 09-25-2010 12:46 AM In reply to

Re: Nice Weather for a Honda

• 09-25-2010 06:37 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

I remember this ad jingle from the 60's and its still in my mind. Talk about the power of advertising.

"The best way to get from A to B, hop on a Honda.

The only way to go economically.

5 straight miles for a halfpenny or so,

5 straight miles anywhere you want to go,

The beach, the town, the country where breezes blow,

Hop on a Honda and Go"

except we used to sing "Greasers blow"

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 09-25-2010 01:53 PM In reply to

Yep Honda's campaign must have been the most successful motorcycle advertising ever  

• 09-26-2010 01:37 PM In reply to

• Happy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-21-2009
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 3

Re: Honda PCX 125

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences of this scooter.  It has been very useful. 

I was wondering if anybody could share how much room there is under the seat?  How much stuff can be stored there?  

I am very interested in this scooter but I reckon I would miss not having a shopping bag hook! Smile   But maybe it does have one? 

Does the non-traditional seating arrangement of this scooter - more like a motorbike - make people feel like they have more on road balance and control and thus feel safer?

Thanks from Happy

Page 8 of 18 (268 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au