Scooter
Community

Nice and slick..........NOT!

Last post 10-02-2010 02:58 AM by Magoo. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2010 06:46 PM

• Magoo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • WA
    • Posts 804

Nice and slick..........NOT!

Arrrrggghhhh, gee I hate big oil spills at intersections. I rode to the right tyre track position, and then noticed, on my left, where i put my foot down, a HUGE puddle of oil. My foot slid in it but thankfully, I didnt lose balance and managed to pull my foot back in and hold the X8 up. Do the road safety people ever think of dangers like THAT???......oh, thats right, no money in that. Stick out tongue phff.

• 09-30-2010 07:02 PM In reply to

• hcrun
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2010
    • Canberra
    • Posts 431

Re: Nice and slick..........NOT!

I rode my scoot to work on a superb Canberra spring morning and there was a fresh diesel trail that ran for at least two kms...right along the left-hand wheel track.
    Needless to say I kept well clear of this shining line of danger but I'm sure that the drivers behind me wondered why the hell I was aligning my path with the left-hand white line along the shoulder! Smile

Bruce

Mid-life went past too quickly so I'm having a late-life crisis.
  • 09-30-2010 08:41 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

So why do civil engineers always place manholes in the path of trave forf two-wheeled in roundabouts or intersections ? 

They should be required to hold an active two wheeled licenced for the duration of their studies so that they appreciated the risks we face in the wet by the decisions of others.

• 09-30-2010 08:52 PM In reply to

Here in WA the bright sparks in Main Roads even put the m/c detector strip in the middle of the oil slick! Tongue Tied

Steve in that situation I tend to put my right foot down instead of the left. Safety is paramount

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 10-01-2010 05:24 PM In reply to

Main Roads WA are in the process of developing a policy document about making roads motorcycle friendly.  For once they are developing it based closely on the excellent guide from Vic Roads rather than building it from scratch.  However if you do see any dangerous road surfaces on WA roads (either the main roads, or local roads) you need to call their Helpline on 138 138 and they will organise its rectification.  If you don't report it, you can't expect anything to happen.

I've got a copy of the Vic Roads manual - so if anyone wants to see it, and add any comments that are valid for inclusion in the new guide, please drop in and take a sqwizz.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 10-01-2010 06:48 PM In reply to

hmmm i says it comes down to the boys in blue to do there job and yellow sticker some of the crap thats on our roads making the mess in the 1st place.. oh but thats right they have been replaced with multi novas and redlight/speed cameras..

Scooters and Buggies
  • 10-02-2010 01:35 AM In reply to

done that a few times Angry- leg slides out and trying to regain balance holding up a 200 kilo scooter has nearly caused serious injury [:'(]

• 10-02-2010 02:58 AM In reply to

• Magoo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • WA
    • Posts 804

glenn:

hmmm i says it comes down to the boys in blue to do there job and yellow sticker some of the crap thats on our roads making the mess in the 1st place.. oh but thats right they have been replaced with multi novas and redlight/speed cameras..

that's why I see red with the "if you dont speed, you wont get caught/fined" crew.....it totally misses the whole point that there are loads and loads of dangers that have NOTHING to do with speed, and that NEED police presence on the roads, as speed cameras cant help you if you crash.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au